• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope. wussle is so good he would turn trenttruck into marshawn

Top 5 QB in the NFL!

1laqBEw.png

In terms of accuracy!

zychi

Banned
Jump into FIFA 15 with the EA Early Access thing. 4 hours gone like that.

I think FIFA is my next purchase, but I don't want to spend more than $45 on the ps4 version

trash game was trash! niners come out looking great, running no-huddle and the cards have no idea how to defend it. sure enough, we score on 2 80 yard drives without much issue. what happens after? we stop doing that. why keep doing something the cards can't stop!

then we get literally no pressure on stanton all game. i think he may have gotten hit once or twice in the pocket. once they call a bullcrap "defensive holding". twice they call a bullcrap roughing (why?). didn't matter that it was a backup or whoever. any QB in the NFL will have success when you give him all day to throw. then we blitz the house on 3rd and 12 late... yeah that's pretty smart.

refs were absolute garbage against us once again. if you are going to call the game ticky tack then whatever, i'll live with it. but you don't call it ticky tack one way. kap slides and gets hit. no flag. stanton is impacted as he just starts to slide and there is a flag. face mask on our D (grabs the back of the helmet... but whatever) flag. crabtree gets his helmet ripped off, no flag. cook "touches" arizona receiver on a huge 3rd down, PI. brandon lloyd is arm barred on a deep pass, no flag. i just want consistency. if you are going to let the teams play, let them play i really dont give a fuck if no flags are thrown on either team for anything. but what the niners have gotten in the first 3 weeks is horseshit calls considering what is and isn't being called on the other side.

but again none of it would have mattered if we just kept the pseudo hurry up. kap was seeing the field pretty well today and the cards had no answer for him in the first half but we just came out (again) flat in the 2nd.

props to the cards for pulling through with a backup, making 2nd half adjustments and taking advantage of the trash calls in the game! can't wait to see how much time nick foles has next week with the vaunted niners Pressure Zero defense!
Eagles are going to be without 3 OL, skins were coming through and hitting Foles every single play. Eagles wont even be able to run their offense against the 9ers. I am worried that Foles will actually die on the field.

cajunator

Banned
I would like to add that Patrick Robinson didnt play today and Corey White took his place. I actually would contribute that to our win. PRob is garbage.

Colasante

Positives for the Patriots: Julian Edelman continues to be the entire offense, Dont'a Hightower finally looks as great as I thought he'd be coming into the league, and the offensive line was much improved once Bryan Stork came in at center. Hopefully Belichick will stop outsmarting himself and keep Jordan Devey on the bench.

I hope that with EA their zero tolerance policy with regard to the coin sellers/buyers actually results in a functioning market that I can exploit.

Last year I had a fucking money making machine going with selling team conditioning cards, but at some point bots were buying every good card within the second.

But it's EA so it'll probably the same old shit.

Positives for the Patriots: Julian Edelman continues to be the entire offense, Dont'a Hightower finally looks as great as I thought he'd be coming into the league, and the offensive line was much improved once Bryan Stork came in at center. Hopefully Belichick will stop outsmarting himself and keep Jordan Devey on the bench.

I fail to see how Edelman being the entire offense is actually a good thing. Sure he's playing his balls off, but this has to end. We need to be able to rely on other players or we can be shut down with ease by a good D.

61vqR3w.jpg

He's playing great, but the over reliance on one player will hurt us.

Donta and Jones are the great positives so far though.

Konka

Banned
I'm not Kas, 11 is realistic though not expected. Take a look at our schedule and tell me it's not. I gave you both wins even though we very well could win at least one of them, I gave the Niners a win, I gave Denver a win (both winnable). As I said, the Falcons, Eagles, and Lions are the most dangerous but who here says we can't beat those teams? The rest are easy: KC, OAK, STL twice, Cowboys, and Skins. Tell me we can't get to 11. I'm not saying we will, I'm saying there's a rationale argument for us accomplishing it and the dream remains alive after tonight's game. Beating SF or SEA once was the hardest part and it's already been accomplished.

092313-kelly-chip-eagles-600.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
So who can the Steelers bring in, steal from someones PS. Antwaan Blake will not be working and I hope Tomlin, Colbert and Lebeau remember how much he sucked in the game.

Patriots7

Offense has me in fits.

TheContact

1 person carrying the team is not a positive. The O needs to do fix their problems by Monday or we are doa

RBH

They said we had no wide receivers

They said we had no offensive line

They said we had no secondary

They said our QB was too hurt

They were fucking right tonight.

Just got back from the fucking bar. Jesus christ what a colossal motherfucking pterodactyl sized egg we laid tonight. That vaunted front 7 got destroyed in the run game. Pin them back on 2nd and 22 on the 7 yard line (or whatever) and give up a god damn 80+ yard run? Are you fucking shitting me?

"Special" teams for sure, might as well rename them retard teams. Directly responsible for 11 Steeler points. A special fuck you to Greg Hardy for being a motherfucking dumb shit. Franchise tagging that worthless piece of shit cost us Ted Ginn, our only legitimate returner in basically 10+ years and our only deep threat.

Patchwork offensive line showed up tonight. Overmatched as hell. Also, hey Charles Johnson, the season started 3 weeks ago, you might want to fucking show up at some point, you only got $72 million dollars to pressure the QB.

Ugh. This team is not built to come back from a double digit deficit, even moreso when we're down our top 3 RBs and our #2 WR.

Oh and, a special fuck you to the fairweather fuckers who sold their tickets to Steelers fans. Might as well have played this god damn game in Pittsburgh.

FUCK. Ugh.
ib1bshUIpRznYN.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
After 3 weeks, only Cincinnati has allowed fewer points than the Lions. We are tied for second with Arizona at 15 points per game allowed.

Crisco

Banned
Bad loss by the Panthers last night. The defense will be fine but they gotta figure out a way to protect the QB or run the ball on offense. Can't be bad at both. Nearly $15M in cap towards running backs and none of them can play.

Colasante

1 person carrying the team is not a positive. The O needs to do fix their problems by Monday or we are doa

The offense isn't a positive, but Julian Edelman's work is. I shudder to think what the offense would be without him. Sub-Jaguars, which it may already be.

I'm not worried about the Chiefs, but if they don't figure something out before the Bengals matchup that's a guaranteed loss.

eznark

Banned
That was me.

That was me.

By tomorrow night the Lions will be atop the NFC North. Feelsgoodman.jpg

Its amazing someone was actually able to play worse than Fraudgers in that game.

Man that offense is putrid. At least the Packers offense has laid eggs against good defenses. Stafford has no excuses.

bionic77

Bad loss by the Panthers last night. The defense will be fine but they gotta figure out a way to protect the QB or run the ball on offense. Can't be bad at both. Nearly $15M in cap towards running backs and none of them can play.
I thought the Panthers would run on us all night.

Maybe the Steelers defense is not that horrible. Maybe the Browns are actually good?

Loved the way our fans took over that place. :D

Tom Penny

There is plenty of problems but O-line is killing them. Brady played ok the last two games. Has no time to throw and Josh Mcdaniels is a buffoon who constantly tries to get slick for no reason. Play a team that gives up 400 rushing yards come out throwing 3 times. Need 2 feet at the goal line..don't pound the rock. Hiking at ankles, probably on their 8th 1st and 20 on an immediate holding call. Lots of suckage. Soldner clearly doesn't want to make money with his play.Why that dude Deveny is playing and Bolden plays is mind boggling.

Colasante

There is plenty of problems but O-line is killing them. Brady played ok the last two games. Has no time to throw and Josh Mcdaniels is a buffoon who constantly tries to get slick for no reason. Play a team that gives up 400 rushing yards come out throwing 3 times. Need 2 feet at the goal line..don't pound the rock. Hiking at ankles, probably on their 8th 1st and 20 on an immediate holding call. Lots of suckage. Soldner clearly doesn't want to make money with his play.

At least we're only one more game away from out savior, Brian "Randy Moss 2.0" Tyms, returning to rescue the offense.

But seriously, I just realized the offense would move a lot better if Garoppolo and Tyms were in instead of Brady and any non-Edelman receivers and a wave of sadness hit me.

jakncoke

Banned
I thought the Panthers would run on us all night.

Maybe the Steelers defense is not that horrible. Maybe the Browns are actually good?

Loved the way our fans took over that place. :D

I was unsure what would happen, but one thing is clear is Johnathan Stewart is and was a bum, after the injury it left them with fat ass tank Mike Tolbert and a PS dude. Which certainly helped us and made the Panthers pretty one dimensional and let us t off on an already injured Cam

Patriots7

There is plenty of problems but O-line is killing them. Brady played ok the last two games. Has no time to throw and Josh Mcdaniels is a buffoon who constantly tries to get slick for no reason. Play a team that gives up 400 rushing yards come out throwing 3 times. Need 2 feet at the goal line..don't pound the rock. Hiking at ankles, probably on their 8th 1st and 20 on an immediate holding call. Lots of suckage. Soldner clearly doesn't want to make money with his play.Why that dude Deveny is playing and Bolden plays is mind boggling.
I wonder what the coaching staff sees in Bolden? Special teams play? He's like Maroney at the tail-end of his Pats career. No spark whatsoever.

At least we're only one more game away from out savior, Brian "Randy Moss 2.0" Tyms, returning to rescue the offense.

But seriously, I just realized the offense would move a lot better if Garoppolo and Tyms were in instead of Brady and any non-Edelman receivers and a wave of sadness hit me.
We're not keeping Tyms. Outside of an unexpected cut, no way does he make the 53 man squad or clear waivers.
But agreed.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, we'll see what happens with Williams back in the lineup against Baltimore. Shula's crappy offense was always bailed out by Cam picking up big 1st downs with his legs. That's just not going to be there this year so they have to figure out something else.

rando14

They said we had no wide receivers

They said we had no offensive line

They said we had no secondary

They said our QB was too hurt

They were fucking right tonight.

Just got back from the fucking bar. Jesus christ what a colossal motherfucking pterodactyl sized egg we laid tonight. That vaunted front 7 got destroyed in the run game. Pin them back on 2nd and 22 on the 7 yard line (or whatever) and give up a god damn 80+ yard run? Are you fucking shitting me?

"Special" teams for sure, might as well rename them retard teams. Directly responsible for 11 Steeler points. A special fuck you to Greg Hardy for being a motherfucking dumb shit. Franchise tagging that worthless piece of shit cost us Ted Ginn, our only legitimate returner in basically 10+ years and our only deep threat.

Patchwork offensive line showed up tonight. Overmatched as hell. Also, hey Charles Johnson, the season started 3 weeks ago, you might want to fucking show up at some point, you only got $72 million dollars to pressure the QB.

Ugh. This team is not built to come back from a double digit deficit, even moreso when we're down our top 3 RBs and our #2 WR.

Oh and, a special fuck you to the fairweather fuckers who sold their tickets to Steelers fans. Might as well have played this god damn game in Pittsburgh.

FUCK. Ugh.

Hey Bowser

Hey

Hey Bowser

Remember when you were talking so much trash this past week and I told you not to piss off the football gods and you talked even more trash and ultimately pissed off the football gods?

iXaE0Ka1dP9YT.gif

JABEE

Zach Berman said:
Chip said on 94.1-WIP that Kelce seemed "better" after game than he seemed on the field. Kelly meets with trainers later this afternoon.

https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/514022979983142912

Hopefully he can play on Sunday.

Jeff McLane said:
Chip Kelly said he'll meet with Cary Williams on Tues over comments the CB made that #Eagles coaches are practicing the players too hard.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/514024685361983488

Jeff McLan said:
Chip Kelly on WIP, though, said that he thinks his team is the freshest in the league in fourth quarters and it showed against the Redskins.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/514025023456432128

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom