• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions releasing Freese, signing Henry.

Interesting. I was wondering who would take a chance on Henery. He was super accurate at first, but he doesnt have the leg to kick 45+ yard FGs and his accuracy has been going down. Maybe a new team will help him fix some of his problems.

Associated Press stats guru Josh Dubow noted that Derek Carr completed 5 of 6 passes when targeting Revis' receiver. And according to Pro Football Focus, that figure is tied for the second most completions against the 'shutdown corner' in the past six seasons.

So at least there's that.

Dragon

Banned
There is a noticable number of Bills stuff in Charlotte. Once stopped into a bar in Dilworth and saw it. Apparently the owner was from Buffalo as well.

Not sure if it's the most traveled but I wouldn't be too surprised.

I believe there are four Bills bars in Charlotte. Which is four more than Panthers bars in the city.

The guy deserved a chance to try to punch it in from the 5 two years ago to get a SB, but Roman screwed him. Now he'll have to retire without one. It's heartbreaking.

I agree...Though in Roman's defense (I can't believe I'm defending him here)...I do recall Baltimore overstacking the line to take the Gore run away.

HawkeyeIC

With the defense playing as bad as it is, the 49ers need to play a more ball control offense. Long drives to milk time off the clock. Keep the defense on the sideline, since they can't seem to get there themselves.

Disagree 100%. This team had 0 explosive plays yesterday. Everything was 5 yards at a time, which is fine when you have Peyton Manning, but not with Kap. One missed play (sack, bad throw, run for no yards, etc), and the entire drive is derailed. You can't win games when the Offense has to be perfect on EVERY play.

The Defense clearly sucks, but ball control has led them to scoring ~20 pts per game, which isn't going to cut it. They need to be 30+.

The catalyst looks like a woman got struck in the face. Also the dude wearing #90 with the construction hat @ 49 seconds. Way to be a man and sucker punch a guy from behind the barrier. Fuckin shameful all around.

Actually, it looks like he was trying to get at the guy choking out the security guy to get him to stop choking. You can see him trying to move the guy's hand from the security guy's neck before trying to punch him off.

Disagree 100%. This team had 0 explosive plays yesterday. Everything was 5 yards at a time, which is fine when you have Peyton Manning, but not with Kap. One missed play (sack, bad throw, run for no yards, etc), and the entire drive is derailed. You can't win games when the Offense has to be perfect on EVERY play.

The Defense clearly sucks, but ball control has led them to scoring ~20 pts per game, which isn't going to cut it. They need to be 30+.

Team really could've used VD to stretch the field yesterday. During the second half drought, I couldn't help but think a Davis wheel route or shot straight down the middle would've flipped the momentum. All we had were possession receivers stretching the field horizontally.

ShaneB

Have the wonky kicker stats from yesterday been accumulated? Missed/Blocked FG's, Blocked punts, Missed PATs, etc etc. Seemed like it was a hell of a lot yesterday.

BigAT

The catalyst looks like a woman got struck in the face. Also the dude wearing #90 with the construction hat @ 49 seconds. Way to be a man and sucker punch a guy from behind the barrier. Fuckin shameful all around.

Are you serious? He "sucker punches" a guy that has his hand wrapped around a stadium employee's throat trying to choke him.

eznark

Banned
I don't know but the Badger have another free ride to the B1G championship game if that's how they feel.

We have a secret weapon that will keep us out of Indianapolis this year.

ronald-martin-interception.gif

Zeke

Have the wonky kicker stats from yesterday been accumulated? Missed/Blocked FG's, Blocked punts, Missed PATs, etc etc. Seemed like it was a hell of a lot yesterday.
Not sure but Dan Bailey is still perfect :D I haven't paid attention to the saints this season can someone give me a run down?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If I really wanted to be an optimistic homer, I would mention that we start the last two seasons 1-2.

I dunno, seems to be bordering on :kas though.

WedgeX

Banned
Steven Tulluch tore his ACL and will be out for the year, according to the Lions. wow...

Got dang. Tully :( Why he gotta be so celebratory. It was his 131st consecutive game, having never missed a game since starting in the NFL, too.

Real glad that Levy has stayed with Detroit and used to be the MLB.

Dragon

Banned
If I really wanted to be an optimistic homer, I would mention that we start the last two seasons 1-2.

If I was an optimistic homer I'd say beating the Raiders at home by seven is great! If I was a realist I'd realize the Patriots don't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Steven Tulluch tore his ACL and will be out for the year, according to the Lions. wow...

Wow. Sucks. He is a good player and the team will be worse off with him gone.

I guess Levy moves over and then Van Noy comes in and takes a spot week 7 when he's off PUP.

eznark

Banned

They don't face much in the way of really good defensive lines anymore, so they actually will probably go on a run after the bye week and finish 8-8. I think they'll either be 8-8 or 7-9 and a lot will depend on whether or not the Lions have anything to play for the last week of the season.

will still predict them to get blown out every week

Zeke

So eagle players bitching about how Kelley runs practice. "Kelly blasts music over loud speakers and players wear tracking devices that lets coaches know how hard they're working." Carry Williams about to be running more laps this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom