• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

h2zcTiJ.jpg

Leave it to the man the size of the sun to be my only beam of sunlight.

But
raiders_patriots_football-1.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
Yesterday, Arizona had no answer for the 49ers when they went spread. Stevie Johnson was ripping them a new one and Roman and Harbaugh's answer was to take him out and put Lloyd in.

San Francisco needs to drop the read option and the pistol. It's not fooling anyone anymore and is hindering Colin's development as a QB (he's never going to be a pure pocket passer though).

With the defense playing as bad as it is, the 49ers need to play a more ball control offense. Long drives to milk time off the clock. Keep the defense on the sideline, since they can't seem to get there themselves.
This was so infuriating to watch. Worse too, in the second half they stuck to it exclusively regardless of the adjustments the Cardinals made. Why force Lloyd? And why the criminal underuse of Gore, Hyde and Ellington? It's insane.

I hate that they still think the read-option is a strength of Kap's. His strength is intermediate throws (laser accurate bullets) and being able to not just scramble, but tear off huge runs if the D ever plays man and doesn't spy him. It locks every D into this league into a restricted set of D formations.

Zeke

Isn't Dallas strong with the run this year? I expect you will destroy the Texans.
Yes, Murray was leading the nfl in rushing use not sure he still is. He looked bad yesterday don't let that 100yd total fool you. Take away his 44yd run and he's got 56yds. His fumbles have been costly too. His runs in the first half were bad as well. Pretty sure he had negative yards for awhile there. Biggest thing I kept seeing from his was indecsion. Once his gap would start closing he would start running backwards losing yards. Too much dancing around too, he needs to lower his pads more.

This was so infuriating to watch. Worse too, in the second half they stuck to it exclusively regardless of the adjustments the Cardinals made. Why force Lloyd? And why the criminal underuse of Gore, Hyde and Ellington? It's insane.

I hate that they still think the read-option is a strength of Kap's. His strength is intermediate throws (laser accurate bullets) and being able to not just scramble, but tear off huge runs if the D ever plays man and doesn't spy him. It locks every D into this league into a restricted set of D formations.

I'm guessing that the coaches had very little faith in the O-line generating any sort of push. When we did run the ball, it was always with some sort of decoy sweep action. I can't believe how badly Iupati has regressed. The guy used to be a total mauler.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Blaming Kaep is the laziest go to

That team has other issues

Yeah the Kaep thing is the low hanging fruit for the morons out there. There are a lot of big problems with the team and he isn't one of them. Without him they would have been shut out yesterday. Blaming him for not performing in the second half is laughable given that he made plays that his own teammates erased with stupid penalties and had him in 3rd and long with zero protection most of the time. I really love the people thinking they should run Gore some more...idiots...Gore is over the hill and there are no holes...not a good combination. If anything give Hyde the ball more, run more no huddle and fire Roman.

Colasante

They should trade Browner for an Offensive Lineman and an a new OC before he returns.

I honestly think a Solder-Cannon-Stork-Connolly-Vollmer line will be fine. The whole unit has been giving up too many pressures, but if they can find a consistent starting five they should be fine by the time the games actually matter.

manfestival

I stopped playing DOTA because of the late game throws. Little did I know it would carry over to the Niners...

I thought Kap played well yesterday (was on point 1st half). To me it was the playcalling and O-line. It was weird abandoning the 4-5 WR sets when the Cards were clearly struggling to stop it. I'm guessing when Arizona started blitzing more, Roman decided to call up more protection and go into more traditional sets (which failed). One thing that I'll be interested in seeing is the All-22 analysis for this week. Kap tucked it in to scramble a lot and it just looked like he didn't even bother looking downfield when the pocket collapsed. I'm curious to see if anyone was actually open or was it the case that all his receiving options were covered and he actually needed to scramble.

late game throws? Get good bro

dionysus

Yaldog
Yes, Murray was leading the nfl in rushing use not sure he still is. He looked bad yesterday don't let that 100yd total fool you. Take away his 44yd run and he's got 56yds. His fumbles have been costly too. His runs in the first half were bad as well. Pretty sure he had negative yards for awhile there. Biggest thing I kept seeing from his was indecsion. Once his gap would start closing he would start running backwards losing yards. Too much dancing around too, he needs to lower his pads more.

Well my breakdown is a Dallas win vs. Texans. Texans offense is not good enough to exploit the Dallas D. Though I am sure they will do pretty good. Dallas run game is good enough to exploit the Texans D. Basically Dallas is strong where the Texans opposition is weak, but the Texans are weak where the Dallas opposition is weak.

Dragon

Banned
I learned yesterday that more people moved from Buffalo to Charlotte than any other two cities in the country (this is from a Bills fan so who knows if it's true).

It's not surprising about all the Steelers fans. Before Charlotte had a team people rooted for the Steelers here.

eznark

Banned
So, the Hurricanes are shitty this year right? Why are Nebraska fans so jazzed about barely beating a garbage team at home?

Tenumi

Banned
Lions plan to sign K Alex Henery and release rookie Nate Freese, according to the beat reporters.

Man, I miss Jason Hanson.

On Monday, in an interview on 94WIP, head coach Chip Kelly sounded less than pleased with Williams.

"I'll talk to Cary," Kelly said. "We'll sit down tomorrow. Today is an off day for our guys, so hopefully they're resting up and then we'll visit tomorrow."

Williams' comments came after the defense allowed 511 yards to the Redskins, 427 of which came through the air. The unit also got off to another slow start, allowing either a touchdown or a field goal on the Redskins' first four drives.

Kelly, however, did not buy into the fact that the slow starts have to do with the players adjusting from a hard week of work -- at least not for Williams.

"Cary actually didn't really practice last week," Kelly said. "So he was limited; he just did some light things on Wednesday and Thursday, and then Friday is obviously a walk through for us. So we monitor all of our players on an individual basis and then kind of what they can do and can't do. So, we're practicing the same way we've always practiced."

The way Kelly has always practiced -- lighting fast -- has actually been a rallying cry for some players. After the team's win over the Indianapolis Colts last week, players talked about how they they view the end of games as "period 22", the last period of practice for the team.

"I believe we're the freshest team in the fourth quarter," Kelly said. " I think if you look at what we're doing in the fourth quarter of games I thought our defense came up huge. Malcolm Jenkins too weeks in a row with interceptions in the fourth quarter was big for us. To force them after that short punt to go four straight downs and out at the end of the game and they were close to being in field goal range. I thought the way our whole team played in the fourth quarter obviously shows what type of conditioning we have."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/...ter_ripping_head_coachs_practice_methods.html

LOL at Chip calling Cary out and saying he didnt really practice last week.

Yeah the Kaep thing is the low hanging fruit for the morons out there. There are a lot of big problems with the team and he isn't one of them. Without him they would have been shut out yesterday. Blaming him for not performing in the second half is laughable given that he made plays that his own teammates erased with stupid penalties and had him in 3rd and long with zero protection most of the time. I really love the people thinking they should run Gore some more...idiots...Gore is over the hill and there are no holes...not a good combination. If anything give Hyde the ball more, run more no huddle and fire Roman.

Yup, Gore fell off last year pretty much after week 8 (sure he'd break a run here and there after but his consistency is gone). He really hasn't been the same back since. All the visual evidence you need is just watch how fast Hyde gets through the hole vs Gore. Gore does this dance where he tries to find a tiny crease to run through (his running style reminds me of the way LT ran his last couple of seasons as a Charger) whereas Hyde just busts through the wall (what Gore did 2 seasons ago). It's further compounded by the fact that our O-line just gets pushed back at the LOS right now.

I said this in the preseason; I don't expect Gore to end the season as the feature back.

late game throws? Get good bro

Can't escape the trench. Hole too deep.

Zeke

Well my breakdown is a Dallas win vs. Texans. Texans offense is not good enough to exploit the Dallas D. Though I am sure they will do pretty good. Dallas run game is good enough to exploit the Texans D. Basically Dallas is strong where the Texans opposition is weak, but the Texans are weak where the Dallas opposition is weak.
To expand on Murray he had 5 plays for negative 22 yards and a few no gains. The defense is putrid the corners were playing so far the wr's it was ridiculous throw in the lack of pressure up front and fitzmagic and AJ are gonna eat the defense up. Davis got hit few times but no sacks he had a pretty clean pocket most of the day. ugh 9er fans are the worst.

So Cary Williams is saying that because of all the work they do during the week, the Eagles are tired when the game starts but get fresher as it goes on?

Is he a moron?
Yeah he seems particularly stupid. The weird thing is they had a short week this week due to MNF so they even had 1 less day of practice then normal, and Cary sat out practice this week. He seems to just complain to hear himself talk though.

Early indications are pointing to Jason Kelce needing surgery and missing 6-8 weeks or more.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/514076636657254401

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Man it was a fun ride this year, hopefully the Eagles will be more lucky next year.

Syrinx

I learned yesterday that more people moved from Buffalo to Charlotte than any other two cities in the country (this is from a Bills fan so who knows if it's true).

It's not surprising about all the Steelers fans. Before Charlotte had a team people rooted for the Steelers here.
There is a noticable number of Bills stuff in Charlotte. Once stopped into a bar in Dilworth and saw it. Apparently the owner was from Buffalo as well.

Not sure if it's the most traveled but I wouldn't be too surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom