• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
So eagle players bitching about how Kelley runs practice. "Kelly blasts music over loud speakers and players wear tracking devices that lets coaches know how hard they're working." Carry Williams about to be running more laps this week.

Dallas is using the same tracking tech (as well as other NFL teams). Link.

Florida State started the trend using the tech to monitor players. ESPN did a piece on it.

So Broncos fans, With no more Moreno is it time to let Pey Pey throw the ball every down? Ball is not reliable
Well throwing on every down seemed to have worked yesterday. Problem is that you can't do that forever. Either we have terrible RBs or the coaches stink. Maybe both.

Ball was getting some good yardage for a while there before the wheels came off.

eznark

Banned
You have got to be kidding me... I thought only idiot Dolphins fans were stupid enough to call for Moore to play. There are so many reasons why this is a stupid idea...

Ok, so that may have come off as "ESPN-y." Just to clarify, the phrasing of the report was "Joe Philbin declines to say whether Tannehill will start"

I don't know if that makes it better or worse, but re-reading I guess I might have sensationalized it a little.

cdyhybrid

As I was at the Cards game, I didn't get to catch the Bronco/Chicken game. What was SEA's recipe for success here? Is it something the Cards have a chance at replicating? We'll easily be able to shut down their run so that will be a start.

1) Stop the run
2) Be unable to pressure Peyton
3) Refuse to run the ball with a two-possession lead in the 4th quarter
4) ???
5) Success

It's actually this though:

Seattle tackles players and doesn't allow the large amounts of yards after the catch that Denver often turns into chuck yardage and chain movers especially on those lovely pick/screen plays.

#FireBevell

eznark

Banned
1) Stop the run
2) Be unable to pressure Peyton
3) Refuse to run the ball with a two-possession lead in the 4th quarter
4) ???
5) Success

It's actually this though:

#FireBevell

NO! Wait until after the season so the Badgers can hire him when the fire Andersen.

Talon

Dallas is using the same tracking tech (as well as other NFL teams). Link.

Florida State started the trend using the tech to monitor players. ESPN did a piece on it.
Teams have been doing this for years. I think there was a similar story on Oregon back in 2011 about them tracking activity level. I also remember a similar one about...I want to say it was the Dolphins that were tracking hydration.

Bowser

$18m in dead money

7418394f_larry-david.gif

Philbin might as well come out in a clown suit next week if Moore is named the starter.

The owner should really step in at that point. Moore is not a long term answer, that is totally a short term save the coaches job move. For better or worse stick with Tanny and hope he develops as the year goes on. He has played 3 games in this new system, it is dumb to even consider benching him now.

Pro

I'd like a solid analysis as well.

Perhaps a combination of the inability to audible efficiently (or at all) with whatever coverage was going on. Though we were rushing Peyton quite a bit, there weren't any sacks, and he had more plays with plenty of time than he was rushed.

But second half was pretty bad for Seattle. Went into halftime 17-3, ended the regular time 20-20. Peyton really got into a groove and started to pick apart our secondary.

More or less what you expect out of Seattle playing at home. Russell was efficient and Lynch activated Beast Mode. Coverage down field was solid on D. Thomas and J. Thomas but D. Thomas did seem to be nursing a minor injury. Denver Defense made a statement though that they can brawl with the best as this was mostly a defensive battle until late in the 4th on Denver's last drive and the Seattle drive in OT. Denver can take that away as a silver lining.

mkenyon

Banned
Yeah, absolutely fantastic game by the Broncos. To come that close to winning at Century Link is no small feat. That improved defense is so needed.

Plus they have the bonus of an offense that just continually maintains possession to keep them from getting worn out. Denver is scary good.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The owner should really step in at that point. Moore is not a long term answer, that is totally a short term save the coaches job move. For better or worse stick with Tanny and hope he develops as the year goes on. He has played 3 games in this new system, it is dumb to even consider benching him now.

If you aren't going to let the head coach be the guy who makes the decision who the QB should be then you might as well fire him now.

brentech

Brad Jones and Morgan Burnett are my least favorite Packers defenders. Never seen 2 guys out of place (or in place and fail to make the play) more often.

Plus he hasn't even played THAT bad

Edit: Lazor pretty much just confirmed Tannehill is starting, fire philbin and let Lazor Interim, fuck it.

eznark

Banned
Brad Jones and Morgan Burnett are my least favorite Packers defenders. Never seen 2 guys out of place (or in place and fail to make the play) more often.

Burnett was excellent yesterday, possibly his best game as a Packer. I don't know, the Packers secondary depends so much on everyone being in the right place, it's hard to judge them individually. Last year I felt like Burnett was being forced to play 2 high but all by himself since Jennings had one of the worst coverage seasons in football history. This year, with Hyde and HaHa just being smarter football players, he has been better.

""We all rent these seats. It is a production based business," Bill Lazor said when asked if Ryan Tannehill will start Sunday vs. Oakland."

Eat a bag of dicks, Dolphins. Dumb shits.

BigAT

I'm going to the MNF game tonight. I've never actually been to a Jets game before, so maybe some of the fans on here can help me fit in. Does the harassment of female fans start right out of the gate or is it more of a wait until halftime thing?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to the MNF game tonight. I've never actually been to a Jets game before, so maybe some of the fans on here can help me fit in. Does the harassment of female fans start right out of the gate or is it more of a wait until halftime thing?

I wouldn't suggest wearing Giants gear to the game.

If you aren't going to let the head coach be the guy who makes the decision who the QB should be then you might as well fire him now.

I would absolutely fire the HC if he is that shortsighted. You cant bench a young QB for a journeyman after 3 games. Even discussing it in public should be enough to fire him. The owner should have fi4red Philbin last year with Ireland.

Farooq

Banned
Teams have been doing this for years. I think there was a similar story on Oregon back in 2011 about them tracking activity level. I also remember a similar one about...I want to say it was the Dolphins that were tracking hydration.

I never read the story on Oregon, but it makes sense. I assumed FSU started the trend because they were Catapult's first American football client.

Edit: Reread the ESPN article, FSU started tracking activity in 2010.

MechDX

Philbins comments are typical coach motivational talk, nothing more.

This is not the first time nor will it be the last where a coach says such things to try and motivate a player. Usually does not work but I wouldn't make too much of it.

Fox318

The game I went to it was fun.

Where are your seats?(Upper, Lower, VIP mid level) The game I went to the atmosphere was really fun and everyone seemed really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom