• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeAndre Levy is amazing, and moved to MLB to replace Tulluch despite his headset not working/not being able to hear the plays. Dude is a beast..but I doubt he'll move to MLB for the entire season. Someone has to step up. We drafted a LB in the second round but he's injured too and won't be back until the bye...

What a nightmare year for the Lions. The defense deserves a lot of respect/credit for their play yesterday. Sadly I don't expect that to continue...we're truly fucked now.

Maybe the offense is still learning the scheme but I don't have much faith in Stafford right now. He recovered against GB, after the two interceptions, but to be perfectly honest I don't see anything that suggests we'll be nearly as good as the Saints' offense. The Giants are horrible, blowing them out isn't impressive; decent teams won't be leaving Megatron wide fucking open.

BTW...where's Ebron? I know TE is a tough position and most great TEs don't do much as rookies, but most TEs aren't top 10 picks either. I don't even think he'll get 300 yards at this rate. Hated the pick on draft day and still do. This is not a "missing one piece" team that could afford a luxury pick. We could have traded down and gotten an extra second round pick...

Bowser

Welcome to Heinz Field South.

ByJPx22CEAICh-s.jpg

smdh.

shaking.
my.
damn.
head.

Milchjon

What the hell man?

Looks like a visual simulation of what happens in every Apple thread in OT.

Except the nerds on here would be missing punches, or Google "how to fight?" On their phones.

Have you seen any of the self defense threads?

They'd probably just start arguing about whether Krav Maga or Thai Boxing is more valuable in real life fights.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
DeAndre Levy is amazing, and moved to MLB to replace Tulluch despite his headset not working/not being able to hear the plays. Dude is a beast..but I doubt he'll move to MLB for the entire season. Someone has to step up. We drafted a LB in the second round but he's injured too and won't be back until the bye...

What a nightmare year for the Lions. The defense deserves a lot of respect/credit for their play yesterday. Sadly I don't expect that to continue...we're truly fucked now.

Maybe the offense is still learning the scheme but I don't have much faith in Stafford right now. He recovered against GB, after the two interceptions, but to be perfectly honest I don't see anything that suggests we'll be nearly as good as the Saints' offense. The Giants are horrible, blowing them out isn't impressive; decent teams won't be leaving Megatron wide fucking open.

BTW...where's Ebron? I know TE is a tough position and most great TEs don't do much as rookies, but most TEs aren't top 10 picks either. I don't even think he'll get 300 yards at this rate. Hated the pick on draft day and still do. This is not a "missing one piece" team that could afford a luxury pick. We could have traded down and gotten an extra second round pick...
Yeah I just don't know where they find another LB. And it's not like they have money to go buy a guy, cuz that Suh contact had then closest to the cap out of anyone in the league.

Godslay

Banned
So Broncos fans, With no more Moreno is it time to let Pey Pey throw the ball every down? Ball is not reliable

Not yet.

OL isn't helping Ball, but Ball isn't helping either. If OL actually decides to run block he'll get better. I'm for letting them run until they sort it out. It just has to be done.

I want more carries for Anderson/Thompson and greater emphasis from the OL on running. Hillman should be used sparingly imo. The problem isn't that these guys can't do it, it's that we've half-assed committed to a power run scheme and it shows. We just can't be one dimensional like that or we'll pay.

Peyton is good, but without that balance it's going to be like last year where the defense will be gassed and opposing teams will be able to hang points. If the running gets better then we'll have some semblance of balance and game control, plus the offense will have better options to make the defense guess. Resulting in a more efficient offense.

It will be tough, especially facing the teams we do, but it's has it be done.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They don't face much in the way of really good defensive lines anymore, so they actually will probably go on a run after the bye week and finish 8-8. I think they'll either be 8-8 or 7-9 and a lot will depend on whether or not the Lions have anything to play for the last week of the season.

Going 8-8 or even 7-9 without a playoff berth is the worst possible outcome for this season. Not enough losing to spark change or a decent draft pick. No matter what I suppose Rodgers will carry us to 4-6 wins alone. Still its frustrating to watch Rodgers waste his career like this when so many people consider him the best or among the best in the league.

eznark

Banned
Going 8-8 or even 7-9 without a playoff berth is the worst possible outcome for this season. Not enough losing to spark change or a decent draft pick. No matter what I suppose Rodgers will carry us to 4-6 wins alone. Still its frustrating to watch Rodgers waste his career like this when so many people consider him the best or among the best in the league.

No it isn't. If they play .500 it likely means the defense has kept playing well and considering this is basically the same defense we'll be riding into next year with that'll be a positive. Plus there aren't really any first round inside linebackers or tight ends, so we don't even need a high pick!

mkenyon

Banned
My phone died in OT at the game, but I just wanted to revisit this, which provided me and a number of other people I shared this with much joy and laughter.
Seattle is an average team on the road. Denver would be winning if this was at Mile High, I can almost guarantee it.

I wonder if Seattle "spy gates" at home. There is something unique about it, it's a totally different team. Can't be totally about noise.
I dunno why my statement was crazy.

Do you deny that Seattle appears to be a totally different team defensively between Home and Away? Even more than noise would justify. There has to be something else. The question is whether it's heart or cheating?

Hah.

As I was at the Cards game, I didn't get to catch the Bronco/Chicken game. What was SEA's recipe for success here? Is it something the Cards have a chance at replicating? We'll easily be able to shut down their run so that will be a start.

cajunator

Banned
As I was at the Cards game, I didn't get to catch the Bronco/Chicken game. What was SEA's recipe for success here? Is it something the Cards have a chance at replicating? We'll easily be able to shut down their run so that will be a start.

win the OT coin toss and score a TD

mkenyon

Banned
I'd like a solid analysis as well.

Perhaps a combination of the inability to audible efficiently (or at all) with whatever coverage was going on. Though we were rushing Peyton quite a bit, there weren't any sacks, and he had more plays with plenty of time than he was rushed.

But second half was pretty bad for Seattle. Went into halftime 17-3, ended the regular time 20-20. Peyton really got into a groove and started to pick apart our secondary.

brentech

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about AJ Hawk.

My stance is that he's always been available. For better or worse.
Every now and then he has a big moment, but they are few and far between.

With Brad Jones out of the line up, it makes Hawk look even worse. Jones was always my first choice to shit on.

Why do Eagles and Niners fans seem to be such cunts?

And I don't mean the ones in this thread.

This is so silly. What was the last incident even involving Eagles fans? NY fans have had several incidents lately, what about LA fans? All fan bases have fans that do stupid things, it is so dumb to label any fanbases by that stuff.

eznark

Banned
Holy shit that escalated quickly. Philbin says Tannehill is not necessarily the starter next week.

My stance is that he's always been available. For better or worse.
Every now and then he has a big moment, but they are few and far between.
He is generally the second or third worst defensive player on the field. I haven't look at grades for this week but I bet it was one of his better performances since they didn't attack the middle via run or pass.

Holy shit that escalated quickly. Philbin says Tannehill is not necessarily the starter next week.

He is generally the second or third worst defensive player on the field. I haven't look at grades for this week but I bet it was one of his better performances since they didn't attack the middle via run or pass.
You have got to be kidding me... I thought only idiot Dolphins fans were stupid enough to call for Moore to play. There are so many reasons why this is a stupid idea...

Tom Penny

Seattle tackles players and doesn't allow the large amounts of yards after the catch that Denver often turns into chuck yardage and chain movers especially on those lovely pick/screen plays.

Wow I thought Tanny was bad yesterday but I cant imagine benching him. Philbin knows his time is almost out and now he is just getting desperate.

I'd like a solid analysis as well.

Perhaps a combination of the inability to audible efficiently (or at all) with whatever coverage was going on. Though we were rushing Peyton quite a bit, there weren't any sacks, and he had more plays with plenty of time than he was rushed.

But second half was pretty bad for Seattle. Went into halftime 17-3, ended the regular time 20-20. Peyton really got into a groove and started to pick apart our secondary.

That's my concern, we have zero pass rush so it makes it so much harder on the secondary. It would have been nice if this game were here, it's going to be extra difficult to take down Pey Pey in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom