• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

I feel like the only way for the bucs to win tomorrow is if they bring steven stamkos to play every position that we have a need for during the game

Bring Him Home

Bud Selig cracking down on the roid abuse he turned a blind eye to for years after congress shit down his throat is being a good commissioner?

Bingo.

Years from now Jose Canseco will be looked at as the man that started it all.

Crisco

Banned
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole 8m
#Panthers DE Greg Hardy has agreed to go on Commish Exempt list. Paperwork pending.

Panthers defensive ends

Charles Johnson
Mario Addison
Frank Alexander (suspended to week 5 for substance abuse)
Wes Horton
Kony Ealy

We are pretty loaded at the position, especially after Alexander gets back, but like I said earlier, Gettleman didn't commit 13.1M to just a guy. He could have had Anthony Collins for that money. I trust his judgement over advanced stats that losing Hardy hurts.

Slo

Well shit. Now Chad Greenway has a broken hand. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE TO DISCIPLINE YOUR CHILDREN WITH BARE KNUCKLES !

I bet Goodell just loves this.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
5 person panel charged with determining when there is enough evidence to act. 1 NFLPA, 1 NFL, 1 ACLU, 2 independent arbiters.

The independent arbiters are hired by a committee made up of former players and executives appointed jointly by the NFLPA and NFL and are compensated via separate fund controlled only by the committee, seeded by the two organizations and funded by the fines and penalties the panel meets out.

While a player is being investigated he is suspended with pay, no exceptions. The "time served" will count towards the eventual suspension if found guilty.

I just whipped this up on the fly. Probably some holes but the basic premise is this: you have no right to an NFL career.

This doesn't sound bad, but would never happen while Goodell is commissioner.

Bud Selig? Are you freaking kidding me? This guy is a terrible commissioner. Just for how often he's screwed the Astros.

For the 2015 season, the Ravens will be playing both at San Francisco, and at Oakland. This presents an interesting conundrum.

I want to take my daughter to her first Ravens game, and now I will have two chances.

Which is safer?

I think Oakland, based on the last decade, and Niner fans get super butt hurt when I say that.

Bowser

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 8m
Not sure if it’s out there yet, but Hardy to exemption list is done for now.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 5m
sorry, juggling a ton. it’s happening, but … RT @n_a_strickland: @BlackBlueReview Literally the most ambiguous statement I've seen you make.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 4m
As we’ve seen the last 9 days, things are still very fluid. Exemption list today — once official — doesn’t mean tomorrow, next week, etc.

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 2m
There’s a lot of fact finding and decision making still being done/considered. Exemption list doesn’t = a period on end of sentence.

For the 2015 season, the Ravens will be playing both at San Francisco, and at Oakland. This presents an interesting conundrum.

I want to take my daughter to her first Ravens game, and now I will have two chances.

Which is safer?

I think Oakland, based on the last decade, and Niner fans get super butt hurt when I say that.

Considering the Niners wimped out and moved to the suburbs, probably there.

There is literally no team in the four major professional sports that is based farther from the city they are named after than the San Francisco 49ers.

The Pistons play in Auburn Hills, and the Rays play in St. Petersburg and they are still closer to their respective cities than the Niners are to San Fran

Goodall saying the player is on the Broncos

Let me find out PeyPey choked a bitch

Sproles named NFC offensive player of the week, no surprise there.

Blarry I have been to a Raiders home game and a 9ers home game. The fans were fine for both, just like they are for every single NFL team.

MechDX

So Allred is digging up shit from 2007?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 54s
RT @jasonrmcintyre: The Brandon Marshall/Kristeen Spivey story is from 07. He rammed her car after assaulting his GF.

Dredging up stories from seven years ago to take advantage of the public heat of the moment and get some airplay?

Yep, that totally sounds like something Gloria Allred would do.

Not saying that BMarsh shouldn't be punished if true, but Allred is not hiding her angle whatsoever

The point of the victim's family's statement, and Allred's statement, is Goodell's been fucking up handling of domestic violence situations since even 2008, and by this point something has to be done

Mik317

IIRC Marshall was punished from this and has since moved on a become a rather stand up dude, no? Like he got consoling and copped to being a fuck up and everything, IIRC.

Bringing up shit from years ago really is pointless beside dragging dudes name through the mud.

MechDX

BLarry already drawing up his campaign to get "Woman Beater Flacco" fired from the Ravens.

joe-flacco-cussing-out-the-rer-o.gif

"Hey ref? Ill beat you like I do my wife!"

Evidence! You're welcome Larry

eznark

Banned
The point of the victim's family's statement, and Allred's statement, is Goodell's been fucking up handling of domestic violence situations since even 2008, and by this point something has to be done

Yeah this has nothing to do with punishing Marshall. Allred is on a scalp hunt. She's trying to be the one who bags Goodell.

IIRC Marshall was punished from this and has since moved on a become a rather stand up dude, no? Like he got consoling and copped to being a fuck up and everything, IIRC.
Not by the league. He wasn't suspended by the league until he got busted for a DUI. The beatings continued til he went to Chicago.

Bringing up shit from years ago really is pointless beside dragging dudes name through the mud.

Goodell fucked up the investigation and reduced the sentence because of course he did. Marshall's gotten help, but this is all about Goodell's mismanagement here.

Family also saying the Broncos are accountable too for doing just as much as Goodell during Marshall's situation.

xnipx

No way Marshall can get punished retroactively right? I mean this isn't anything new that he was guilty of domestic violence. Right???

Blarry I have been to a Raiders home game and a 9ers home game. The fans were fine for both, just like they are for every single NFL team.

I go to games every year, and SF was the only place where someone put their hands on me (2007, so before they were even good). In San Diego, they were yelling racial slurs at the people I was with. They're not always fine, and SF has gotten worse.

Look at the SF Giants too....something about those San Francisco fans that make them be extra dickish.

Already finished the Week 4 thread! It's amazing how productive I can be when it's irrelevant stuff!

Friend, did you take my advice?

LevelNth

Banned
Yeah, but the story that PFT references when saying the first GJ didn't move forward doesn't actually say it anymore and I can't find a reference to it.

I did see a tweet from a Minnesota beat reporter saying the prosecuting attorney said there was only one grand jury.
Considering the secrecy of Texas' grand jury process, and how little needs to be released, it wouldn't be surprising if they're trying to silence or downplay that fact now.

It's not the only piece that supports taking advantage of the current NFL situation however, there's a ton more a simple Google search gives you. For example, the prosecuting attorney is a bit of shill and potential glory hog. He has only ever processed misdemeanors in the past, and an indictment of this nature should have normally (though it's not mandatory) gone through the district attorney first.

But there's ways around convening grand juries in Texas that has taken heat the last few years.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This LionsGAF infighting troubles me greatly. The only cure for this is too win.

Meh. I like you, Kas. You have Honolulu Blue-and-Silver tinted glasses on but you can admit when the team isn't playing well. You aren't a douchebag like others.

No way Marshall can get punished retroactively right? I mean this isn't anything new that he was guilty of domestic violence. Right???

Like I've said, it's not about punishing Marshall. He was suspended (though the suspension was reduced because of Good[ell] Work). This is about showing that Goodell has mishandled domestic violence for a while and something must be done about that and him.

The dad also said Broncos staff called and asked her to give him another chance, so. Broncos don't look good here either. But at least Marshall got help.

Mrbob

This is about Goodell. She is using the 2007 Marshall incident to fire shots at the commissioner for his negligence on the topic of domestic abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom