• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont agree with the vikings decision. Granted I think the NFL is essentially a slave to media at this point

It's just a mess for the team. Period.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The team was within their right to allow Peterson to practice/play and let the legal system play out, but the backlash- not just from the media- was intense. Sponsors were walking away. Community figures were expressing outrage. Was their hand forced by that aspect? Sure... but I don't blame them for their decision to reverse their stance & isolate Adrian from all team activities for the foreseeable future.
Honestly, as a Vikings fan, I felt it was a poor decision to reactivate him so quickly to begin with.

I'm more pissed at the Wilfs dragging Spielman and Zimmer out to that awkward press conference on Monday to be slaughtered. Ziggy and Mark should have had the balls to handle that aspect themselves. I have no doubt the decision to reactivate AD came directly from the ownership. I don't agree with Mike & Mike very often, but I thought they were spot on with that opinion.

I'm sure I'll get snark around here for it, but I had a lot of good faith going into this season with guys like Zimmer & Norv Turner running the team. Things looked bright as a Vikings fan for the first time in a long time... and all of this happens. A guy that was beloved in the franchise for almost 7 years is now tainted. Yes, I still think there are a lot of good things to look forward to (Bridgewater, the way Zimmer builds the defense, Patterson growing as an offensive weapon), but holy fuck if this whole mess didn't just knock the wind out of me as a fan.

:{

So Roger is done right? There is no way he can save his rep or nfl's at this point. Nfl is going to need a new commish with a blank slate to try and right things.
Yeah I think in the off season the owners will vote him out and try to get a female comish.

xnipx

For some positive news....
BALTIMORE -- On the field their teams may be rivals, but off the field, brothers Ma'ake and Chris Kemoeatu -- one a former Baltimore Raven, the other an ex-Pittsburgh Steeler -- are closer than close.

They share a lifelong love of football, an alma mater and now, a pair of kidneys.

Ma'ake Kemoeatu, a former nose tackle for the Ravens, donated a kidney to his brother Chris, a former offensive guard for the Steelers, at the University of Maryland Medical Center in August. The brothers are now recovering from their surgeries.

Chris Kemoeatu's football career was cut short after seven seasons with the Steelers when he learned he'd need a kidney transplant. That's when his older brother, a 99-percent kidney match, stepped in, and left the Ravens in 2012.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11543719&src=desktop&ex_cid=espnapi_internal

Good thing foster can catch too. ):

Maybe all that vegan food is keeping him calm.

No, it just gives him super powers.
tumblr_lthwzwnlW41qf7cd4.gif

Holy shit they are saying he broke her nose. I just...how the Fuck do you do that to your wife man.

@CBSEveningNews
CONFIRMED: AZ Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer arrested for domestic violence.
Charges:
-aggravated assault
-preventing someone from calling 911

Yeeeeeeah, if he plays Sunday, that's going to make things even worse for the league

Hmm.

RT @12News: BREAKING: A source says Johnathan Dwyer, #AZCardinals RB, was just arrested for domestic violence.
Well guys it was nice knowing you all. With the death of American Football I invite all you peasants to join and watch one of the greatest sports in the world, baseball.

How hard is it to not beat your wife/fiance? Jesus...

Imagine being a professional athlete. Money out the ass, the ability to fuck nearly anyone you want, lots of down time during the week...why not just stay home and smash chicks? Why would you smoke weed or beat women when you can play videogames, bang, have a chef cook for you, watch movies in your expensive man cave, etc...

Now's a great time for baseball. Come join me and support the Orioles! You all seem to love and root for the Browns so much, well the Orioles are basically their baseball equivalent, except the O's actually turned it around and achieved something after sucking for so long, instead of just getting hype followed by failure.

cdyhybrid

Imagine being a professional athlete. Money out the ass, the ability to fuck nearly anyone you want, lots of down time during the week...why not just stay home and smash chicks? Why would you smoke weed or beat women when you can play videogames, bang, have a chef cook for you, watch movies in your expensive man cave, etc...

I'd be moonlighting as a DOTA pro.

Preach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom