• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conor Orr @ConorTOrr · 2m

Hearing that linebacker Dan Fox is getting promoted from the #Giants practice squad, per source. Beason news could be serious

Beason going to be out for the season isn't he? :(

So apparently my school was supposed to waive a bunch of fees since last year and they never did...now I'm getting a refund for everything since Summer 2013, that's like 2k. Vegas trip!

Senator Maria Cantwell announced today that she'll introduce legislation to remove the NFL's tax-exempt status over its refusal to address the Washington team name. Cantwell is chair of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.

Browns uni update:

Nathan Zegura ‏@NathanZegura 5m
I can confirm that there will BE NO LOGOS on the @Browns helmets in conjunction with the uniform change that is coming in 2015
Just change the shade of orange, Nd Matte Helmets pls. Might be cool if they brought the alternate white back

for Kave_beast
Josh Gordon escapes new suspension by pleading guilty to DUI charges
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT

Some portions of the new drug policy will be retroactive. Some won’t.
Browns receiver Josh Gordon has pleaded guilty to driving while impaired. Under the new drug policy, a first offense will trigger a two-game suspension. Under the old drug policy, a first offense results in no suspension and a maximum fine of $50,000.
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Gordon pleaded guilty now to ensure that he will not receive a two-game suspension for the DUI charges.
The guilty plea was submitted by Gordon’s lawyer; he was not required to appear personally in court. In exchange for the plea, Gordon received a 60-day suspended sentence. He also must pay a $100 fine. His driver’s license has been suspended.
Gordon is expected to be suspended a total of 10 games under the new substance-abuse policy. Previously, he had been suspended for the entire 2014 season.

MechDX

10623604_286694304852844_69879689_n.jpg

jungleboi_swaggg
44 minutes ago
Spent my morning enjoying the children at Texas Children's Hospital.. I enjoyed the kids and had a blast!!! #giveback #love hope all of you get better #asap

Such a good guy.

Vyroxis

Banned
I figure he could easily get it passed but then they'd never approve another one? At least based on how it all went down last time?

Pretty much. Which would leave the state without a stadium, so the team bails. Also leaving the state without any real venue for big events, plus being out the billions already spent on it.

In other words, political suicide of the most brutal order.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pretty much. Which would leave the state without a stadium, so the team bails. Also leaving the state without any real venue for big events, plus being out the billions already spent on it.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, Zygi Wilf would love to have that happen so he could move his ass to LA or wherever. Seems like he'd win no matter what.

bionic77

The Revolution is real. Chip has invented an offense that can put up huge numbers even with terrible QB play. Foles has been somewhere between terrible and average in every quarter of every game so far, and they still lead the league in yards and points. It is nuts to watch, if they had a good QB they could score 60 a game easy.
I don't agree with 60 points a game but I agree with the rest of the post and the Eagles are leaving a ton of points every week.

Foles can't seem to complete any pass more than 8 yards downfield with any coverage. Yet he racks up insane yardage on dump offs and screens to his back. He should get on his knees and thank Tebow every night he gets to play in that offense.

He wins the award for highest system qb of all time. If he ever learns to make some plays on his own watch the fuck out...

Ian Rapoport reports the league is discussing whether to intervene in the domestic violence case of Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy.

I don't agree with 60 points a game but I agree with the rest of the post and the Eagles are leaving a ton of points every week.

Foles can't seem to complete any pass more than 8 yards downfield with any coverage. Yet he racks up insane yardage on dump offs and screens to his back. He should get on his knees and thank Tebow every night he gets to play in that offense.

He wins the award for highest system qb of all time. If he ever learns to make some plays on his own watch the fuck out...

I mean, he did have 6 drops to deal with. It's not all Foles. Some of those were in tight coverage and should have been made.

dionysus

Yaldog

The economics never work out for state or local assistance of anything sports related, even if most of your costs are already sunk. The team bails is a prisoners dilemma situation. Everyone would be better off if no government offered assistance, but since there is no reliable way of collusion they all offer assistance.

You can hold big events for much less money than a stadium. An open field with some earthworks, bathrooms, and a stage can fit way more people than an NFL stadium. It will probably have better acoustics too.

Now in MN I guess that means you wouldn't be able to hold winter events, but meh.

Drakeon

Senator Maria Cantwell announced today that she'll introduce legislation to remove the NFL's tax-exempt status over its refusal to address the Washington team name. Cantwell is chair of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.
When it rains it pours. Not sure it has any legit shot at passing, but it's more bad news for the NFL.

jakncoke

Banned
When it rains it pours. Not sure it has any legit shot at passing, but it's more bad news for the NFL.

With more things going against it and more people voicing how it should be changed. I cant see a possible outcome that the redskins name isnt dropped within the next 3-5 years

Bowser

PFF for ESPN Insider: Ranking top 10 NFL newcomers

5. Bené Benwikere, Carolina Panthers
If there's one thing better than a rookie performing well right out of the gate, it's a fifth-round rookie doing so. Benwikere came across my radar with an impressive run of preseason performances, but he has carried those across to the regular season. He is the best-graded rookie cornerback at PFF, and unlike Jason Verrett just below him, he has put together two consistently good games, rather than one very good one. Quarterbacks targeting Benwikere so far have a passer rating of just 56.2.

Big Play Bene!

7. Kelvin Benjamin, Carolina Panthers
Like Watkins, Benjamin has been asked to step in right away and be the No. 1 receiver for the Panthers. Benjamin hasn't quite managed a 100-yard receiving game yet, but his first game saw 92 yards and a touchdown on six catches. His second game saw a few unfortunate drops but also one of the most spectacular plays of the short season, hauling in a fantastic one-handed grab down the left sideline for a significant gain.

#GALVATRON #PREDATOR

Pro

Why would the Browns change their uniforms?

One of the best in NFL along with the Colts and Packers.

Love the Browns plain orange helmet. Only one of its kind in the league. Looks like real Football, not Arena Football. Agree, one of the best uniforms. Doesn't need a change.

jmdajr

Since the beginning of the 2012 season, the Jaguars are 6-28. That's humiliating enough. But it’s even worse than that because 20 of those losses have come by 10 or more points, including the first eight games of the 2013 season.

Here’s further documentation to show how bad things have been since the 2012 season began:

The Jaguars have been out-scored by 423 points in the 20 losses and have lost those games by an average margin of 21.15 points.

In addition to the four losses by more than 30 points, they’ve lost nine games by 20 or more points.

They’ve only lost three games by 14 or less.

bad times

zychi

Banned
Only thing they need to change with the Browns is get rid of the Orange jerseys. The orange should only be on the helmet. Similar to Notre Dame, don't use Gold jerseys, only use it as an accent.

Also, why is the team named the Browns, but they use orange on the helmet? Obv its history now, but its so odd.

Fox318

bad times

They traded up to draft Gabbert
none of their receivers worked out
their o line was shit
they should have drafted Tebow
They had a horrible owner
They had a horrible GM
no stability at coach
They tried picking up defensive rejects to fill in all of their holes

They traded up to draft Gabbert
none of their receivers worked out