• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Tom Brady is terrible, which QBs do you consider "good" according to your standards? Obviously not Peyton Manning, because all he does is win regular season games and apparently that's not something of value. So Joe Flacco? Eli Manning? Russell Wilson? Is that it?

I do like Wilson but he is still a young QB and developing. Fraudgers is a great QB, puts up huge numbers and has legitimately won a SB. Eli is a great playoff performer, sadly for him regular season Eli keeps fucking things up for playoff Eli. Manning has won a SB and puts up numbers that are unmatched, he transcends the position. You dont really believe Brady is a top teir QB anymore either though.

Crisco

Banned
Pretty much all the Panthers who sat out practice yesterday were back, except DeAngelo and Fozzy, who are probably legitimately hurt. Also Jason Avant, but I think he's just old.

gutshot

Casey Matthews si fast becoming my most hated Eagles player of all time. He sucks as a LOB and he sucks on ST. I feel like he is always missing tackles. He is still on this team because of Oregon, now way they couldnt find a better street FA to replace him with. If the Skins ar3e smart they will go at him every play.

He's only on the 53 because Travis Long got injured prior to the season. And he had to play because Najee Goode and Kendricks both went down. I don't think Chip has any special affinity to him because he went to Oregon. Andy was the one who drafted him, remember.

He's only on the 53 because Travis Long got injured prior to the season. And he had to play because Najee Goode and Kendricks both went down. I don't think Chip has any special affinity to him because he went to Oregon. Andy was the one who drafted him, remember.

Oh I know who drafted him but he should have been gone long before the preseason even started. It just seems like replacing him would be such an easy upgrade to make. He has had multiple chances to show he belongs in the NFL and hasnt done it.

Colasante

I do like Wilson but he is still a young QB and developing. Fraudgers is a great QB, puts up huge numbers and has legitimately won a SB. Eli is a great playoff performer, sadly for him regular season Eli keeps fucking things up for playoff Eli. Manning has won a SB and puts up numbers that are unmatched, he transcends the position. You dont really believe Brady is a top teir QB anymore either though.

I'm not myopic enough to think that the only important attribute of quarterback play is arm strength. Besides 2007, Brady has never been a good deep ball passer and at this point, he may genuinely be the worst in the league. That being said, he's one of the two most intelligent quarterbacks in the league and has maintained a high level of play despite his reduced arm strength.

You can claim the Patriots are terrible and that Bill Belichick can't draft, but the records speak for themselves. At some point, you have to credit the Patriots with some positive quality that is responsible for them winning 10+ games every season, and I choose to credit Belichick and Brady. With a terrible receiving corps last season, relying on three rookies, a tight end named Hooman, and a 7th round quarterback turned receiver, he still led the team to 12 wins. But if you think any other quarterback in the league, even Peyton Manning, could have led the team to that record, I think you'd be mistaken.

bionic77

Everyone continues to talk shit about Brady yet he will go out and lead the Pats to 10/11 wins again.
He has played horribly.

You need to start using your eyes and brains when you watch football. Right now you seem to base everything on what makes your penis feel best.

Sorry for your loss weinke. :(

DMczaf

Kickass Final Fantasy XV trailer and an awesome Interstellar poster in the same day.

Only 6 more hours til my day goes to shit.

I'm not myopic enough to think that the only important attribute of quarterback play is arm strength. Besides 2007, Brady has never been a good deep ball passer and at this point, he may genuinely be the worst in the league. That being said, he's one of the two most intelligent quarterbacks in the league and has maintained a high level of play despite his reduced arm strength.

You can claim the Patriots are terrible and that Bill Belichick can't draft, but the records speak for themselves. At some point, you have to credit the Patriots with some positive quality that is responsible for them winning 10+ games every season, and I choose to credit Belichick and Brady. With a terrible receiving corps last season, relying on three rookies, a tight end named Hooman, and a 7th round quarterback turned receiver, he still led the team to 12 wins. But if you think any other quarterback in the league, even Peyton Manning, could have led the team to that record, I think you'd be mistaken.

So you think Brady is the best QB in the league? Also where did I mention arm strength in my post? That is one area that he is lacking now but I think the biggest difference is he used to be so good at spreading the ball around. Now he stares down the same 2 guys every play and if they are not there he either forces it to them anyways or dumps it off. I think if you took last years Pats team and made Rodgers the QB the offense would have been much better. Like a fuckton better.

Bread

Banned
Boban I beat the Panthers in an overtime shit show, I was up 14-0 and those sons of bitches kept crawling back and tied it up with 30 seconds left in the 4th. Then Dexter Fucking McCluster had some clutch runs and Russ threw a TD pass to Marshall to win it in OT!

I offered you a trade btw, Jon Baldwin (a 79 somehow) for a 2nd.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So you think Brady is the best QB in the league? Also where did I mention arm strength in my post? That is one area that he is lacking now but I think the biggest difference is he used to be so good at spreading the ball around. Now he stares down the same 2 guys every play and if they are not there he either forces it to them anyways or dumps it off. I think if you took last years Pats team and made Rodgers the QB the offense would have been much better. Like a fuckton better.

But Rodgers was injured last year!

Fox318

Kickass Final Fantasy XV trailer and an awesome Interstellar poster in the same day.

Only 6 more hours til my day goes to shit.

bucs-fan-is-disgusted.gif

But Rodgers was injured last year!

Rodgers sucks he needs to be traded for a good QB like Kap are something. It works out for both teams. Packers get a young guy they can build around and Niners get nothing in return. I like this trade let's convince the Packers to do it.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers sucks he needs to be traded for a good QB like Kap are something. It works out for both teams. Packers get a young guy they can build around and Niners get nothing in return. I like this trade let's convince the Packers to do it.

Kap would make a good backup for HoFlynn.

Deal.

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 3m
Cardinals place Jonathan Dwyer on reserve, non-football illness list, ending his season.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
#Cardinals place RB Jonathan Dwyer on reserve/Non-Football Injury list. Evaluating his mental health after suicide mentions in police report

Cards

Crisco

Banned
Finally saw that RG3 injury, I knew it was non-contact, but I never realized just how benign an action caused it. It's never good when a body part fails under nothing but your own weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom