• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really seem to focus a lot on why these teams are doing the right thing, I am just happy that they are getting rid of these fuckers.

Seriously. Who gives a shit? Just like who gives a shit why A-B made their statement? All that matters is they did. Nothing gets done to Peterson if they don't, and it could be expanded to nothing gets done to Hardy, or Dwyer, or now Rainey, if they don't.

Get off the high horse and be glad punishments are actually being dished out where they're deserved for the first time in a long while. Thanks Anheuser-Busch, thanks Nike, thanks ESPN, thanks Cris Carter. Thanks anybody and everybody else responsible for making sure the league couldn't hide from at least one big story for once.

xnipx

You really seem to focus a lot on why these teams are doing the right thing, I am just happy that they are getting rid of these fuckers.

Unless he's involved in an ongoing investigation regarding it. It's seems kinda disingenuous to sign him and then cut him when DV is in the spotlight. That is all. If new charges were brought on him and they cut him that's a different thing, I don't think they should be applauded for cutting somebody based on past transgressions that the league has forgiven him for.

Imagine if the bears cut B Marsh because of what happened in 07 due to media pressure, you wouldn't think that's wrong?

Zeke

8bhetKr.jpg
Holy shit I'm dying here :jnc

Unless he's involved in an ongoing investigation regarding it. It's seems kinda disingenuous to sign him and then cut him when DV is in the spotlight. That is all. If new charges were brought on him and they cut him that's a different thing, I don't think they should be applauded for cutting somebody based on past transgressions that the league has forgiven him for.

Imagine if the bears cut B Marsh because of what happened in 07 due to media pressure, you wouldn't think that's wrong?

No I wouldnt think it was wrong at all. Things in our society change all the time, if the public has decided that they have had enough of domestic violence and no longer want those types of guys on their team I think that is perfectly reasonable. Hell I keep hoping that the spotlight will shift to Suggs and he will wind up out of the league. What he did is far worse then any of these other guys and he should still get a huge punishment for it.

xnipx

Seriously. Who gives a shit? Just like who gives a shit why A-B made their statement? All that matters is they did. Nothing gets done to Peterson if they don't, and it could be expanded to nothing gets done to Hardy, or Dwyer, or now Rainey, if they don't.

Get off the high horse and be glad punishments are actually being dished out where they're deserved for the first time in a long while. Thanks Anheuser-Busch, thanks Nike, thanks ESPN, thanks Cris Carter. Thanks anybody and everybody else responsible for making sure the league couldn't hide from at least one big story for once.

Do you think Suggs deserves to be punished for something his, tha ravens, and the league have moved on from? All I'm saying is if you're against DV don't sign the fucker in the first place. Don't screw him over because the league decided not to punish him when it happened. Now if it comes out there are new allegations against him that drove them to do this I will eat my shoe proudly.

The cardinals signed him on September 9th. Do you really think they had a moral change of heart that quickly? Or they realized it would make them look dumb if they cut one abuser and replaced him with someone who had a prior charge himself?

No I wouldnt think it was wrong at all. Things in our society change all the time, if the public has decided that they have had enough of domestic violence and no longer want those types of guys on their team I think that is perfectly reasonable. Hell I keep hoping that the spotlight will shift to Suggs and he will wind up out of the league. What he did is far worse then any of these other guys and he should still get a huge punishment for it.

Yeah! Lets kick Mike Vick back out of the league too!

Novoitus

Banned

Stupid. Would absolutely be wrong.

People change. And in Brandon Marshall's case, he's changed greatly.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/17/analysis-notebook-week-2-3/

PFF's defense of their high Tannehill grades. I'm still reading it but I'm very curious to see what you guys think.

I kinda agree because another dude who does scouting work that I follow on Twitter has been breaking down the tape for both games and he's come to the same conclusion, Tannehill has been better then what the stats show and 3 year QBs are all having the same accuracy issues that are actually there. So I've stepped back from the ledge for now, from the breakdowns that I've seen, the entire offensive unit from coaches down have been an issue. Playing calling for the bills game was terrible and uncreative compared to what Lazor came up with for the Pats so I hope we see a nice bounce back game for everyone.

xnipx

I would be totally down with that. Vick did at least get punished. How much time did Suggs miss for trying to murder a child?

Suggs faced his punishment from the state of md. Which was taking away his weapons and counseling.

Are you saying you believe people guilty of crimes can't change? Rehabilitation doesn't work? The legal system exists for a reason. And domestic abuse is treated in the same light as drunk driving in most cases. If you disagree with the treatment and punishment that's another story.

I kinda agree because another dude who does scouting work that I follow on Twitter has been breaking down the tape for both games and he's come to the same conclusion, Tannehill has been better then what the stats show and 3 year QBs are all having the same accuracy issues that are actually there. So I've stepped back from the ledge for now, from the breakdowns that I've seen, the entire offensive unit from coaches down have been an issue. Playing calling for the bills game was terrible and uncreative compared to what Lazor came up with for the Pats so I hope we see a nice bounce back game for everyone.
There are some fair points to go around but I need to see Tannehill hit some receivers in stride down the field before I'll consider getting back on the bandwagon. That aspect of his game really bothers me.

Suggs faced his punishment from the state of md. Which was taking away his weapons and counseling.

Are you saying you believe people guilty of crimes can't change? Rehabilitation doesn't work? The legal system exists for a reason. And domestic abuse is treated in the same light as drunk driving in most cases. If you disagree with the treatment and punishment that's another story.

Yankee wants every person who ever gets in trouble to get life in prison without parole. Or just death.

Rehabilitation? Second chances? What is this, America?

Oh wait, it is.

If you are not listening to Brandon Marshall's press conference, do yourself a favor and listen to it later. It's rambling nonsense that's all about him and nothing about abuse victims. It's pretty much all the reasons athletes are hated. He attacked ESPN and somewhat, Gloria Alred. Not too smart.

eznark

Banned
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/17/analysis-notebook-week-2-3/

PFF's defense of their high Tannehill grades. I'm still reading it but I'm very curious to see what you guys think.

I think it falls apart when you look at Kaepernick/Cutler grades. It's actually more damning to me, since it calls into question not their numbers (which they can fix), but the staff.

Murder his child? Get the fuck out with that bullshit agenda.
He poured bleach on the kid to show him how much he loved him right?

Novoitus

Banned
If you are not listening to Brandon Marshall's press conference, do yourself a favor and listen to it later. It's rambling nonsense that's all about him and nothing about abuse victims. It's pretty much all the reasons athletes are hated. He attacked ESPN and somewhat, Gloria Alred. Not too smart.

Sounds like you should do yourself a favor and listen again. Not getting that at all.

Murder his child? Get the fuck out with that bullshit agenda.

Williams said Suggs threw a soap dispenser at her head, hit her in the chest with his hand, and held a bottle of bleach over her and her 1-year-old son. According to Williams, Suggs said he was going to “drown [her] with this bleach.” She says she put her hands over the cap, but the bleach spilled onto her and her son.

He was going to drown her with bleach and he didnt stop even though she was holding his child. I understand that you will forgive any act but trying to kill someone with bleach seems pretty fucking terrible to me.

Crisco

Banned
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Hardy. If he accepts some sort of plea between now and his trial date, we'll know the only reason he appealed was for a chance to play the entire season. If he goes through with it then his lawyers are at least confident in the lack of evidence proving his guilt. Either way, it was probably a dumb decision to appeal. He should have taken his sentence, which didn't include any jail time or fines, a 4-6 game suspension from the NFL and moved on.

eznark

Banned

He convinced a quack in Miami to diagnose him with a borderline personality disorder so he gets to say anything he wants now.

Sounds like you should do yourself a favor and listen again. Not getting that at all.

What world do you live in? What about how he brought up him losing $50 million dollars in endorsements? Think the average fan could give a shit about his endorsements that he lost after the domestic violence he committed?

Edit: I took a shit and came back to him ending the conference and he brought up Gloria Alred and ESPN again.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 38m
well then RT @tomrock_newsday: JPP on what worries him about the Texans: "Nothing."

Ok then

He was going to drown her with bleach and he didnt stop even though she was holding his child. I understand that you will forgive any act but trying to kill someone with bleach seems pretty fucking terrible to me.

I don't defend his action, but I certainly wouldn't say he was trying to murder his kid. You paint it however you want for your argument, that's your prerogative. What I say is that going back and "going after" anyone who has been arrested is ridiculous. Shit has changed, and that's a good thing, but trying to go after players years after the original incident is ludicrous. It's just a form of double jeopardy.

And what makes domestic violence the worst crime? What about any kind of assault? Should we go back and suspend Aqib Talib for having an altercation 2009 with a parkinglot employee? What about DUI? As someone who lost a few close friends at the hands of a drunk driver, I think that crime is as bad as any.

Grab your pitchforks and torches!

xnipx

What world do you live in? What about how he brought up him losing $50 million dollars in endorsements? Think the average fan could give a shit about his endorsements that he lost after the domestic violence he committed?

Edit: I took a shit and came back to him ending the conference and he brought up Gloria Alred and ESPN again.

You don't think losing 50 MILLION DOLLARS is worth discussing as a consequence for his mistake?

You don't think losing 50 MILLION DOLLARS is worth discussing as a consequence for his mistake?

Who gives a fuck when they are beating women and children!!

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 8m
This is disgraceful. He's denying responsibility, shaming a victim and acting like he's the victim. He's a mess. This is so bad. #Bears

I don't defend his action, but I certainly wouldn't say he was trying to murder his kid. You paint it however you want for your argument, that's your prerogative. What I say is that going back and "going after" anyone who has been arrested is ridiculous. Shit has changed, and that's a good thing, but trying to go after players years after the original incident is ludicrous. It's just a form of double jeopardy.

And what makes domestic violence the worst crime? What about any kind of assault? Should we go back and suspend Aqib Talib for having an altercation 2009 with a parkinglot employee? What about DUI? As someone who lost a few close friends at the hands of a drunk driver, I think that crime is as bad as any.

Grab your pitchforks and torches!

I have said repeatedly that the NFL needs to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay tougher on DUI offenses. I would love for them to make their new DUI policy retroactive. I think it is complete bullshit that the PA fought against the even tougher DUI rules that the league wanted. I dont understand why the league was ever soft on violent crime, but if this added media spotlight gives them the power to go back and give people punishments that are more fitting with their actions I am totally in favor of it. I am not saying that people dont change, but so many players have skated by with little to no punishment for extremely serious crimes. I hate that.

There are some fair points to go around but I need to see Tannehill hit some receivers in stride down the field before I'll consider getting back on the bandwagon. That aspect of his game really bothers me.

I agree it's so frustrating to watch if the other 3 year qbs which include luck and wilson are having similar issues im just going to let the season play out, even if its not tannehills fault, if we dont make the playoffs i expect ross to clean house so everyone needs to get better

cdyhybrid

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 3m
Bucs OC Jeff Tedford did not accompany team to Atlanta so QB coach MarK Arroyo will call plays tonight for 3rd straight game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom