• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
The weird thing is that the Eagles had an excellent red zone game last season as far as I can remember.

In 2013 the Eagles were 13th in the league in red zone efficiency (TD only) at 53.23%. Far from excellent.

The top 5 teams in red zone efficiency were:

1. Broncos -72.73%
  2. Bengals -71.43%
  3. Cowboys -68.63%
  4. Lions -62.50%
  5. Chiefs -59.68%

I could listen to Rodgers talk x's and o's all day long. God damn

Is his show streamed online?

Edit: Apologize for the double post.

zychi

Banned
It amazes me how fans of certain games will talk themselves into thinking the devs actually care about fixing a game that sells already as a broken product.

See: sports games and wrestling games.

According to Football Outsiders Tom Brady and Jay Cutler had essentially identical impacts on their respective games.

Football number crunching is broken.
I feel like the stat guys tweak their formulas every week to make sure that Brady lovers can justify their lust. Meanwhile, he'll continue to fail them when he has to play a competent defense. ImOKWithThis.jpg
Why I stick with advancedfootballanalytics. He doesn't eff with the numbers.

E: :jnc, he's got Brady at 2nd worst qb in the league for this year. All hail Brian Burke!

In 2013 the Eagles were 13th in the league in red zone efficiency (TD only) at 53.23%. Far from excellent.

The top 5 teams in red zone efficiency were:

1. Broncos -72.73%
  2. Bengals -71.43%
  3. Cowboys -68.63%
  4. Lions -62.50%
  5. Chiefs -59.68%

Is his show streamed online?

Edit: Apologize for the double post.

I don't entirely disagree, but I was looking at it from a Foles lead offense. They were a ton worse when Vick was in. They were also way, way better in the second half of last season when they finally started to grasp the new system.

The biggest question of the week, which will suck worse, the Steelers D against Cam + Benjamin or the Steelers O against that formidable Carolina D?

answer:
they will each suck equally as bad as Gata at smart-ass rejoinders

Stat of the day: Ryan Tannehill is 32nd among QB's in percentage of passes thrown more than 15 yards downfield at 13.6%. Even with this conservative style of play his completion percentage ranks 28th at 60.5%.

eznark

Banned
I knew it was one of you, just couldn't remember which.

Be sure to wish a happy birthday to the greatest of all 9/16 birthdays, Rockin' Robin Yount!

they could have atleast surprised you with another monitor yesterday, jeez

I got some shit to put on the walls of my office (the fuck am I going to do with framed finger paintings? good fucking lord) and a new dump wagon for my JD. It was a good day!

I picked up the monitor myself today. Gotta do everything around this house.

And a reminder the Browns aren't allowed happiness for two long:

Josh Gordon pleads guilty to DWI

I know the talk was under this new policy that probably adds another 2 games to the suspension.

Maybe a plea agreement to lessen the charge with a guilty plead? Cleveland.com seems to allude to this.

Browns uni update:

Nathan Zegura ‏@NathanZegura 5m
I can confirm that there will BE NO LOGOS on the @Browns helmets in conjunction with the uniform change that is coming in 2015

They've said from day one of uni change that the helmets were off limits.

That douche disgraces Matthew Staffords' number.

Whenever you refer to him, whenever you speak of him, whenever you address him, you will address him as "All Pro Justin Tucker".

For real, Stafford disgraces JT's number.

Tucker is probably THE BEST kicker in the NFL. Stafford is not in the conversation, other than in your delusional brain.

Tucker doesn't have a Calvin Johnson to make him look good. Stafford has Calvin Johnson to make him look good.

Tucker has never had a losing season. Stafford just loses.

Tucker has a Superbowl ring. Stafford is on the Lions.

Tucker is strikingly handsome. Stafford is fat.

Tucker sings opera. Stafford eats.

Tucker celebrates like this:
2013-11-1013_54_10.gif

Stafford celebrates like this:
STAFFORD-TD-DANCE.gif

I mean, I know you're crazy, but coming at Justin Tucker?

Farooq

Banned
I don't entirely disagree, but I was looking at it from a Foles lead offense. They were a ton worse when Vick was in. They were also way, way better in the second half of last season when they finally started to grasp the new system.

Yea, I would agree they were better when Foles took over, I would love to see the numbers. I think the biggest problem the Eagles had was that they didn't have a possession type wide receiver that you could just throw the back shoulder fade to and have him come down with it. They tried it with Cooper, but I think Cooper lacks the athleticism to consistently win against opposing DBs . I think that is a big reason why they drafted Matthews. Matthews is long and tall, pretty good vertical and can compete in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom