• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

DominoKid

Byq6vcrIAAAey4W.png

Yeah baby, No. 1! Wooo!

3 is high enough for us to get a bigtime QB. end this jake locker era please.

Just curious how do people here feel about the possibility of a 14 team playoff happening next year? It was voted down this year but people expect ti to be approved next year.

Surprising win. Not only that they won but how they did it. I swear this team was only going to win 3 games this year and they already hit that mark. Let's see if this Dallas team can avoid their usual flop the next week after a good win. If they have any hope of the playoffs they need to clinch it before the dreaded December shows up

Im so excited after going to this game today. I think they would have beaten the saints if Teddy started.

I just want Teddy to stay healthy!

Hopefully the wheels dont fall off too bad in Green Bay.

Just curious how do people here feel about the possibility of a 14 team playoff happening next year? It was voted down this year but people expect ti to be approved next year.

why even play a regular season?. 1 game playoff is already random enough, why add more variables. the nba lasts way too long but at least it actually determines the best team

if the trade off is a shorter regular season then sure

Half the league definitely deserves to make the playoffs.

It's not half the league though. If they expand it fine but please no more beyond 14 please

why even play a regular season?. 1 game playoff is already random enough, why add more variables. the nba lasts way too long but at least it actually determines the best team

if the trade off is a shorter regular season then sure
I'm sure they playoffs would be the same 4 out of the next five weekends like it its now just only the 1 seed has a bye

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFC North Standings:

Detroit Lions - 3-1
Green Bay Packers - 2-2
Minnesota Vikings - 2-2
Chicago Bears - 2-2

Matthew Stafford MVP Watch:

1,176 Yards, 7 Total TDs, 3 INTs, 64.2 % Comp. Pct., 91.5 QBR

Let Megatron rest this week against the Bills or as long as he needs. We played a very well coached, talented defense that threw a ton of blitz packages at Stafford. Stafford, the field general he is, audibled as he saw fit.

I also loved seeing production out of Eric Ebron. I'm still not convinced he was the right pick but he is a talented player with a lot of potential.

If most of the team stays healthy, Stafford of course, we can and will beat any team in the league.

LJ11

It's amazing watching Robert Woods attempting to play with EJ.

He fucking hates EJ, worst body language on the planet. Can't wait for the blow up. Now I know why Marrone had Woods running with the 2s in preseason, Woods is disgusted all the damn time. Just awful. No worries, you'll be out of here in 2 more years.

Interior OL play is atrocious, can't do shit on the ground unless the back makes the first guy miss in the backfield. Whaley's a Steelers guy, it shows up front on the OL. One quality starter at this point. Good job getting rid of your OL Joe D, who needs him when your HC is a OL guru, bahaha.

Not a fun team to watch at all, at least last year they flew around on D, now it's the same fucking coverages all game long. Week 4 and I'm checking out. All I want is one fucking year, one decent fucking year. Trash year after year. At least we're better on ST!

cashman

Banned
It really sucks that Claiborne is such a mental midget. His career with the Cowboys is probably over, but I hope he finds a team better suited for him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

He fucking hates EJ, worst body language on the planet. Can't wait for the blow up. Now I know why Marrone had Woods running with the 2s in preseason, Woods is disgusted all the damn time. Just awful. No worries

#USCReceivers

What's Woods' problem? Why is he so pissed off?

He has Lions written all over him.

Check the standings ez.

Wow I didn't realize the broadcasting changes this year. ESPN's doing a WC playoff game and NBC is doing a divisional playoff game. Is that this year or next.

Doomsayer

#USCReceivers

Check the standings ez.

EJ Manuel has to be one of the worst QBs to be picked as high as he was.

I say it every week, he can't read defenses and is insanely slow when reacting and going through progressions. The worst part is, when he makes a good read he normally air mails it or throws it at the receivers feet.

Trey

He fucking hates EJ, worst body language on the planet. Can't wait for the blow up. Now I know why Marrone had Woods running with the 2s in preseason, Woods is disgusted all the damn time. Just awful. No worries, you'll be out of here in 2 more years.

Interior OL play is atrocious, can't do shit on the ground unless the back makes the first guy miss in the backfield. Whaley's a Steelers guy, it shows up front on the OL. One quality starter at this point. Good job getting rid of your OL Joe D, who needs him when your HC is a OL guru, bahaha.

Not a fun team to watch at all, at least last year they flew around on D, now it's the same fucking coverages all game long. Week 4 and I'm checking out. All I want is one fucking year, one decent fucking year. Trash year after year. At least we're better on ST!

Still not the worst team in the AFC East.

Watt did as he pleased against the offensive line.

It's not half the league though. If they expand it fine but please no more beyond 14 please

I'm sure they playoffs would be the same 4 out of the next five weekends like it its now just only the 1 seed has a bye

I will always push back against playoff expansion because there will always be a push to add more playoff teams. Sure 14 wouldn't be the worst but eventually that won't be enough either

Drakeon

EJ Manuel looks terrible and was taken in the top 10 (IIRC). I feel like more isn't being made out of that.
First and only QB taken in the first, but not in the top 10. Geno was next and then Glennon I believe? Glennon is shaping up to be the best QB of that draft, although I could be forgetting someone who was drafted late.

LJ11

#USCReceivers

Check the standings ez.

His QB is bad and can't get him the ball. Put him with a capable QB and I think he'll have a solid NFL career.

EJ Manuel looks terrible and was taken in the top 10 (IIRC). I feel like more isn't being made out of that.

Wasn't top 10, 16th pick, not that it matters. What makes it worse is the quality of players selected around him that would have filled holes for the Bills. Not sure why a new GM/coach would put their careers in his hands. I mean were they fucking blind folded when they watched him play at FSU.

He's a good guy who works hard, fell in love with the potential and his work ethic. Too bad he's slow as fuck processing information. Dude is running on a Pentium 2.

Still not the worst team in the AFC East.

Watt did as he pleased against the offensive line.

Our interior is junk. They think they can stitch this shit together. All they had to do was throw Chad Rinehart 1.5m per year and it's an immediate upgrade. Retain Joe D too.

It's fucking frustrating. What the fuck are they doing. Why can fans see this shit and they don't? Fucking myopia.

Jerry Jones saying initial diagnosis on Mo Claiborne is a torn ACL.

Tore my ACL last year. He's done for the year. Depending on whether he has bone bruising or any other ligament damage he won't feel 100% for another 12 months.

It took me 6 months post surgery not to feel pain in my knee at all going up/down stairs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
EJ Manuel has to be one of the worst QBs to be picked as high as he was.

I say it every week, he can't read defenses and is insanely slow when reacting and going through progressions. The worst part is, when he makes a good read he normally air mails it or throws it at the receivers feet.

I like EJ as a guy and the day he was drafted I was rooting for him because of how his mom was battling cancer.

The guy could still have a chance to become better but usually you can tell with young QBs whether they have "it" to be successful in the NFL. I saw it in Staffords' first NFL game against New Orleans. There are some things you can't teach.

What is Robert Woods' deal and why is he USC receiver #39383838 to flop in the NFL.

His QB is bad and can't get him the ball. Put him with a capable QB and I think he'll have a solid NFL career..

Regardless of all that he shouldn't be sulking if he doesn't get the ball. Football teammate ethics 101.

Diva Wide Receivers are the worst.

NBA has way too many teams. Seriously 16 teams in the playoffs? They only have 30 teams in the league. That's HALF THE LEAGUE.

14/32 isn't too bad, but if gets to 16.. ugh.

LJ11

I like EJ as a guy and the day he was drafted I was rooting for him because of how his mom was battling cancer.

The guy could still have a chance to become better but usually you can tell with young QBs whether they have "it" to be successful in the NFL. I saw it in Staffords' first NFL game against New Orleans. There are some things you can't teach.

What is Robert Woods' deal and why is he USC receiver #39383838 to flop in the NFL.

Why is Watkins dropping passes, not extending for catches, and taking plays off (his words)... No one wants to get their bell rung going after some shit passes.

Top Bottom