• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Bread

Banned
ibx32hgaBcCgjg.gif

ydUlG5O.gif

LA Kings always suck in the regular season then go into rabid wolverine mode in the playoffs. And, last year was the first Super Bowl the number one seeds from each conference meet.

That's because Quick, who is an okay goalie normally, somehow gets better in a small sample size tournament.

Bread

Banned
In the big picture... Stafford has done as much for the Lions as Kaep has done for the Niners..... Fuck all.

I'm sorry.
come on breh, making it to a super bowl (and three consecutive conference championship games) is an accomplishment, even if they didn't win a title.

minx

Why are players in Madden always such douchebags? I get up by two TDs early and they quit. Then they will play the game up until the end but once they realize they lost they just do a delay of game 3 timed in a row do the game kicks them.

Seems like the sky isn't falling today for some reason. Weird.

Robbed is a huge ET fan. Leave him alone you bully!
Dutch, I don't know if I like FIFA 15 all that much. I played a game online yesterday, Germany (me) vs. Real Madrid and I lost 7-6... That should never happen, that score is just absurd.

The guy wasn't even that great but Ronaldo and company are just about unstoppable at times. I dunno, seems like they made it harder to play good defense.

cajunator

Banned

Dutch, I don't know if I like FIFA 15 all that much. I played a game online yesterday, Germany (me) vs. Real Madrid and I lost 7-6... That should never happen, that score is just absurd.

The guy wasn't even that great but Ronaldo and company are just about unstoppable at times. I dunno, seems like they made it harder to play good defense.

Nah it isnt falling.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers suck for all the worst reasons. Offense has personnel issues but the defense has no excuse to play this bad. They gave up two long TD passes on broken plays and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down (or 4th down). Have to get back to stopping the run or we just have no hope. Even if the pass rush isn't there, making teams one dimensional gives the secondary a chance.

Milchjon

I thought long and hard about all your book suggestions... and got Wolf of Wall Street instead.

Was the only interesting book available at the airport

ShaneB

come on breh, making it to a super bowl (and three consecutive conference championship games) is an accomplishment, even if they didn't win a title.

Hey, I'm just saying, in a league where Super Bowl wins are often all that matters in rating a QB, Stafford and Kaep have the exact same number. 0.

Also, I'm fine with them adding more playoff teams. 14 is fine in a league with 32 teams. That's still 18 teams that don't make the playoffs.

Drake Voice: Yesterday was the worst day of my life

Also it is just me, or did the NFC South suddenly become the worst division in football overnight?

No one can stop a fly and the Saints offense (probably the most reliable unit in the division) isn't even that great anymore.

It's strange waking up this morning feeling absolutely shitty about the Panthers when they are tied for the division lead and mathematically in a better position now than they were in at this point last year. We cocked up the easy part of our schedule though. Next six weeks in murderer's row.

We're all back on that PES wave bro.

#ReturnOfTheKing

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Just curious how do people here feel about the possibility of a 14 team playoff happening next year? It was voted down this year but people expect ti to be approved next year.

hell no. The playoffs are fine as they are and we already get some shit division winners in the play offs as it is.

Bowser

Drake Voice: Yesterday was the worst day of my life

Also it is just me, or did the NFC South suddenly become the worst division in football overnight?

No one can stop a fly and the Saints offense (probably the most reliable unit in the division) isn't even that great anymore.

It's strange waking up this morning feeling absolutely shitty about the Panthers when they are tied for the division lead and mathematically in a better position now than they were in at this point last year. We cocked up the easy part of our schedule though. Next six weeks in murderer's row.

Re-evaluating after the first four weeks of the season, the games against Chicago, New Orleans (at home on a short week for NO), and @ PHI don't look QUITE as bad as they did before the season. @ CIN, @ GB, and SEA is a 3-game losing streak for sure though.

Tom Penny

Number 1 seed is going to be massive when they go 14 game playoff. They get the only byes. It's going to happen for sure so just accept it.

So what did you guys think of Tannehill's performance yesterday? Looked to me like he was playing a lot more comfortably and loose. We finally saw him run a few times and make some nice passes outside of the pocket. Coming to grips with the new offense or "because Raiders"?

We're all back on that PES wave bro.

#ReturnOfTheKing
For real? I've never played a PES but I know it was supposedly the best in the PS2 days.

eznark

Banned
Re-evaluating after the first four weeks of the season, the games against Chicago, New Orleans (at home on a short week for NO), and @ PHI don't look QUITE as bad as they did before the season. @ CIN, @ GB, and SEA is a 3-game losing streak for sure though.

What the hell happened to the front 7 in Carolina? I was convinced they'd destroy Green Bay but the last two weeks they've been somehow softer than the Packers. I didn't watch a ton of that game yesterday since it was such a blowout but it seemed like everytime I glanced at it Kuechly was getting run through. Obviously it's not all his fault, just seems like if he is playing poorly everyone else must be as well.

No sacks? 75 points and something nutter like 350 yards rushing in two games? The fuck is going on?

ShaneB

hell no. The playoffs are fine as they are and we already get some shit division winners in the play offs as it is.

That's not a problem of potentially 14 teams getting in. That's a problem of the division format, there are variably bad divisions, and by definition a bad division winner, etc.

So what did you guys think of Tannehill's performance yesterday? Looked to me like he was playing a lot more comfortably and loose. We finally saw him run a few times and make some nice passes outside of the pocket. Coming to grips with the new offense or "because Raiders"?

Like I said man, have some faith. Sure it's the Raiders, but your Dolphins stomped all over them, whereas the Pats nearly lost to them.

rando14

Naw yall are better than the Packers, and can beat SEA at home

Bowser

What the hell happened to the front 7 in Carolina? I was convinced they'd destroy Green Bay but the last two weeks they've been somehow softer than the Packers. I didn't watch a ton of that game yesterday since it was such a blowout but it seemed like everytime I glanced at it Kuechly was getting run through. Obviously it's not all his fault, just seems like if he is playing poorly everyone else must be as well.

No sacks? 75 points and something nutter like 350 yards rushing in two games? The fuck is going on?

Honestly, I think losing Greg Hardy has had a much bigger impact than I thought it would. He seemed to be one of the key cogs in the run defense. Charles Johnson has had a nagging hamstring injury since preseason and he's been invisible without a consistent pass rusher opposite him. Addison is good as a spot rusher, but he's not big enough to be able to play 3 downs, so he's only in on obvious passing situations and has been getting neutralized by RB chips and what not. Also, we've been getting carved up by quick throws (both Ben and Flacco got the ball out fairly quick for most of their throws, although Flacco's line gave him a lot of time when they needed to as well).

Thomas Davis is the heart and soul of the front 7, and it seems like he played through a hip injury against Pittsburgh that he probably shouldn't have that he aggravated towards the end of that game. He couldn't play vs Baltimore, and without him, the LBs are Kuechly and two guys that are better suited as backups - our base defense is nickel so most of the time we don't even have 3 LBs out there, just Kuechly/Davis and a CB. We need the combination of Luke and TD to help mask issues in the secondary - without a pass rush and without TD, there's just too many weaknesses to be able to mask.

And I'll be brutally honest, Luke has played like absolute shit these past two weeks. Missing tackles, taking wrong angles, getting abused in coverage...it's weird. I don't know if it's just a blip or if he's being stretched too thin by a mediocre secondary and a suddenly MIA interior D-Line, but he has not looked good. The interior line and Luke's play have me more concerned than the lack of pass rush and the secondary - always knew the Panthers had a mediocre secondary, and the pass rush should get a boost now that Frank Alexander is coming off suspension, but if the interior line keeps getting pushed around and back into Luke like they have been these past two weeks, I'm not sure it'll matter.

I know you didn't ask, but Cam is the least of the problems of this team. When he actually gets more than 2 seconds behind that atrocious line, he's played well and has made great strides as a pocket passer. Everything else around him is imploding though. I'm not concerned about the WR play (Benjamin/Olsen/Cotchery are good enough targets), but the O-line is a mess (even Kalil has played like shit this season) and we're down to rookie UDFA Darrin Reaves and practice squader Tauren Poole (who fumbled on his one and only carry yesterday).

If the defense can't fix its issues going forward, things look bleak. The offense (and, frankly, the offensive playcalling) is not talented enough to mask a mediocre defense.

Naw yall are better than the Packers, and can beat SEA at home

VQjroYb.gif

HylianTom

Banned

I'm wondering how many games it'll take to win the division. 9? 8? 7?

First team to wake-up or luck-up will win it, perhaps? (And then they'll promptly get eliminated during Wild Card weekend)

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
That's not a problem of potentially 14 teams getting in. That's a problem of the division format, there are variably bad divisions, and by definition a bad division winner, etc.

yes and you arleady get the best two teams that couldnt win their division via wildcard, now you're going to add another? You're starting to scrap into 8-8 7-9 teams, potentially.

Top Bottom