• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Zeke

We have a Rouses, which is basically the same thing but probably better but Whole Foods looks worth checking out.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this happened. Brees is once again having to press somewhat to make up for the defense being a disaster (Rob Ryan cant make a great defense or even a workable one with pro-bowl level talent on the Dline and safeties) and he's likely to throw a pick in the process of trying to force a win. Fortunately we have a running game from the looks of it that will take some of the pressure off him, but Payton will still have him throw 40 times.
Welcome to my pain. He couldn't do shit in Dallas and he had some great players on the line. I'm glad the failed 3-4 experiment is finally dead and we are back to the 4-3. That Tampa 2 coverage tho it's no bueno. What makes it worse is the backs we have are better suited for man coverage not zone. I fully expect brees to torch the secondary.

Bread

Banned
what kind of play book should i use for my madden team? i've got russell wilson, jamaal charles, brandon marshall, and alshon jeffrey.

i've been using the niners playbook for the option plays but it's not utilizing charles's speed enough.

what kind of play book should i use for my madden team? i've got russell wilson, jamaal charles, brandon marshall, and alshon jeffrey.

i've been using the niners playbook for the option plays but it's not utilizing charles's speed enough.

Go insane and use Chip Kelly's Playbook

Bread

Banned
Go insane and use Chip Kelly's Playbook
giphy.gif

why didn't i think of this before

Bowser

Hm, Eugene Monroe had minor knee surgery, but is going to miss a few weeks, including this week. Ravens could be a bit vulnerable without Monroe at LT and Pitta at TE. If Panthers can lock down Smitty, we should have a fighting chance in Baltimore.

cajunator

Banned
Hm, Eugene Monroe had minor knee surgery, but is going to miss a few weeks, including this week. Ravens could be a bit vulnerable without Monroe at LT and Pitta at TE. If Panthers can lock down Smitty, we should have a fighting chance in Baltimore.

You know as well as anyone that this is impossible. Im so glad He is out of the NFC South!

BigAT

JJ Watt is confused:

After a dominant 30-17 home win, Giants right tackle Justin Pugh said the Texans’ defensive line “tapped out.”

Asked Wednesday about Pugh’s comments, Texans defensive end J.J. Watt said he had no idea what he was being asked.

“Who’s that? No, I didn’t see that,” said Watt, who was asked twice about Pugh’s mixed-martial arts reference. “I don’t even know what it means. Who said it? I still don’t know what it is.”

Darkest, do you have Fifa yet?

This year, we're gonna chat. So I hope your ready for my girlish screams when I play Fifa.

Because sports equal emotions.

Bowser

You know as well as anyone that this is impossible. Im so glad He is out of the NFC South!

The type of emotion he's going to bring to this game could actually backfire IMO. I could see him getting some unsportsmanlike penalties and it could throw Flacco off if we double cover Smitty and then he starts getting pissed that he's not getting the ball.

We'll see how it goes.

cajunator

Banned
Days of Future Past was excellent

Yes it was!

The type of emotion he's going to bring to this game could actually backfire IMO. I could see him getting some unsportsmanlike penalties and it could throw Flacco off if we double cover Smitty and then he starts getting pissed that he's not getting the ball.

We'll see how it goes.

Ohh yeah. I forgot they have Flacco. You guys got a chance.

Darkest, do you have Fifa yet?

This year, we're gonna chat. So I hope your ready for my girlish screams when I play Fifa.

Because sports equal emotions.
Yeah man, played a little yesterday. I am ready for your vocal slander!

My first impressions are a little mixed. Player movement feels a lot different than in 14 but I can't quite put my finger on why. Also, they did a major overhaul on the goalie AI and animations and from what I can tell the results are a mixed bag. On the one hand you get some really cool looking saves from time to time as well as a lot more variety in how the saves occur, but on the other hand it seems like a lot of easy goals happen now from blasting it right at the keeper.

I played my first match as England against Germany and I won 5-3 (playing on World Class). I played that match in 14 all the time just for kicks and I almost never scored that much on Germany. Sturridge nailing a header over Mertesacker and Raheem "Glorious Midget" Sterling scoring on an uncontested header from a corner kick... seemed kind of strange.

I did a few seasons matches and the scores were lower, though. I feel like I'm going to have to change up my attacking style some to be as effective.

Best part of 15 is the pitch. The grass looks great and the field degradation over time is really neat.

andthebeatgoeson

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/&id=276913891

Eagles are the whitest team in the league

According to a study done by besttickets.com, the Eagles have five more white players (25 in total) than any other team in the NFL. The next closest team is the Texans, which is kind of funny considering the Eagles regularly import white Texans players -- Connor Barwin, Jeff Maehl, James Casey, Donnie Jones, Bryan Braman, and Andrew Gardner are all former Texans currently on the Eagles' 53-man roster.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...test-team-in-the-NFL.html#hGz82wZMR6QuP1tb.99

MRSA

Banned
Not much to say about the Raiders other than they suck but look at this beauty.

628x471.jpg

Khalil Mack was a beast against the Pats, he abused Nate Solder (I guess its a common thing) and hit the shit out of Brady multiple times. His run defense is even more impressive, drove Nate Solder like 5 yards back into Ridley.

Also I think Carr targeted WRs matching up against Revis 6 times, for 5 catches.

Bowser

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 30m
Bucs coach Lovie Smith said the team will approach the season as if Jeff Tedford will not be back this year.

The travesty that is the Bucs "offense" was just too much for Jeff to handle

zG7Li9i.jpg

Jeremy Maclin's 2014 Stats
Snaps 206 (T-2nd)
Receptions 16 (T-14th)
Yards 296 (T-5th)
Yards Per Catch 18.5 (6th)
TD 3 (T-2nd)

Maclin is second among wide receivers in yards gained after the catch (135), per Pro Football Focus (subscription required). He's fifth in average yards gained after the catch per reception (8.4), among receivers with at least 10 receptions. And he hasn't dropped a single pass yet; in fact, he's one of just two players with 30-plus targets and no drops.

(Maclin) outperformed Jackson for the game—Maclin caught eight passes for 154 and a score, while Jackson finished with five for 117. And don’t forget Maclin had an 80-yard screen pass touchdown that was negated by a Jason Kelce block in the back penalty.

Who needs Jackson. That's with Foles playing like dogshit in two games.

Yeah man, played a little yesterday. I am ready for your vocal slander!

My first impressions are a little mixed. Player movement feels a lot different than in 14 but I can't quite put my finger on why. Also, they did a major overhaul on the goalie AI and animations and from what I can tell the results are a mixed bag. On the one hand you get some really cool looking saves from time to time as well as a lot more variety in how the saves occur, but on the other hand it seems like a lot of easy goals happen now from blasting it right at the keeper.

I played my first match as England against Germany and I won 5-3 (playing on World Class). I played that match in 14 all the time just for kicks and I almost never scored that much on Germany. Sturridge nailing a header over Mertesacker and Raheem "Glorious Midget" Sterling scoring on an uncontested header from a corner kick... seemed kind of strange.

I did a few seasons matches and the scores were lower, though. I feel like I'm going to have to change up my attacking style some to be as effective.

Best part of 15 is the pitch. The grass looks great and the field degradation over time is really neat.

Last year they came with a patch after a month to fix some balancing things, might happen again this year. The player movement did feel weird in the Demo and I didn't like the running animations, they looked like The Incredibles characters. I did like the feel of the game though, passing seems to be a little bit faster so I'm interested to see how you can use that in the offensive build-up. Gonna go all out tomorrow, since I'm off from uni so I'll do a longer impression tomorrow.

Can't wait to play you though!

A Football Life: Sean Taylor

“Sean Taylor: A Football Life” SNEAK PREVIEW
A Football Life, Erik Powers, Featured, Washington Redskins

Posted: September 24th, 2014

On December 6th, 2007, I was in my second year out of college and working as a production assistant at NFL Films. We were holding our weekly screening in our theater when the Bills-Redskins segment from Inside the NFL began to play.

It was the first Redskins home game since Sean Taylor’s murder, and I had been following the story only casually. My impressions were formed from a Michael Wilbon column and online chat on the Washington Post’s website, and some transcriptions from Colin Cowherd’s radio show on the D.C. Sports Blog: Sean had lived some sort of violent lifestyle, and, in some fashion, this caused his murder.

But then, I saw the first shot of the Inside the NFL highlights. It was the fans in the stands before kickoff, holding up white towels with #21 in burgundy and gold. There were so many towels crowding the frame, shielding tear-stained faces, shrinking ever-so-smaller into a distance that harbored thousands upon thousands more. This stadium, this franchise, this fan base were all so shaken by his loss.

Seeing how much Sean meant to Redskins fans, I felt like the man I read about and the man local fans knew must have been two different people. And as details emerged about the circumstances of Sean’s death, I could only wonder: how could a man sacrifice his life defending his fiancée and infant daughter, and have significant members of the media suggest he somehow brought it upon himself?

When we set about telling Sean’s story, we requested interviews with 28 of his former teammates, coaches, family members, and friends. We did not conduct interviews with all 28. We talked with 41.

Never before in our series have we had such an overwhelming response – and there were even more teammates and coaches who wanted to talk but we could not meet with due to conflicts in the schedule. It is a testament to Sean and how many lives he touched, that so many people were so eager to come forward and help us tell his story.

Out of all the people we hoped to talk to, only two declined interviews: Michael Wilbon and Colin Cowherd.

Top Bottom