• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

LJ11

Yesterday on NFL Gameday, or whatever show is on at 11pm on NFL Network, it was Marshall Faulk, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders. Holy fuck, I've never heard "analysis" so bad in my entire life. All three of them were more interested in shouting over the other person and it made for some of the worst Football related topics ever.

It's hilarious, truly fucking terrible. I don't watch anything in the mornings at this point. I get up, look up the Bills inactives, and then check twitter.

hyperbolic much?

They had Richard Sherman on for several segments, they broke down one of Manning's INT and broke down the final drive by Manning to tie the game. It was really good.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but there's so much shit to wade through to get to the one or two good things. I do love the "He's the Beast" yelling though. I'm not hard to please either.

Greg

I don't want to steal Greg's thunder but apparently he has yet to wake up, which is unfortunate because today is National Coffee Day.

Enjoy, fuckers. I recommend an aeropress or the Toddy Cold Brew system.
Happy National Coffee Day!

Cu3WUJx.jpg

eznark

Banned
hyperbolic much?

They had Richard Sherman on for several segments, they broke down one of Manning's INT and broke down the final drive by Manning to tie the game. It was really good.

Nah, when it's those three with the mic it's a completely valueless show. They are awful. Faulk is ok sometimes because he is willing to rip guys, but Sapp, Sanders and Irvin are just flat terrible.

Unfortunately it is also the least awful of the three morning shows.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Notes on my niners:

Defense was by far the best they've been all year. Still not a lot of pressure on the QB but they definitely took advantage of the Eggles makeshift offensive line and completely negated the run. I'm not sure if the D was great or if Philly's line was just a disaster.

Offensive line showed some improvement. For the first time this year there were some holes to run through. However, when they had to run they couldn't. Trying to run out the clock with 1:50 left they ran 3x for 6yds and took a grand total of 14 seconds off the clock. This gave the ball back with plenty of time for Philly to score. What is the narrative today if they go down a score? I bet the narrative is still that the running game was great (despite giving away the win) and that Kaep's pick in the first quarter cost them the game.

However, the O-line was absolutely hot garbage in pass protection again. Immediate pressure up the middle on almost every snap. Kaep can't even set his feet on most plays let alone step up or into a throw. People saying he has happy feet need to realize there is almost no choice in the matter - by the time he has taken 3 steps back he is being flushed. Oh yeah, people always want him to go through a progression in this time in order to prove he can pass from the pocket. Idiots much?

Kaep was great. Yes he made a few mistakes in time and yardage management but all QBs do (and the only mistake I really had a problem with was taking the TO before punting). He also misread a man to man that resulted in a pick. Again, all QBs do that from time to time (and Jenkin's sold that unbelievably well...sometimes the D just makes a great play).

However, although he makes mistakes that other QBs make, he can make plays others only dream of. The throw to Gore was inhuman. Aikman (you know, the HOF QB who had a cannon arm) said there was zero way he could make that throw. Jaws this morning also said he is probably the only QB in the league who can do that. And guess what haters? That took incredible field vision under heavy pressure and he had to change trajectory (another bullshit complaint about him). His sweep left for a first down on a critical 3rd and 13 was something else probably only he could do. Maybe RW could pull that off and maybe RG3 before he was hurt. The throw to Johnson for his second TD toss was elite level as well.

Yesterday on NFL Gameday, or whatever show is on at 11pm on NFL Network, it was Marshall Faulk, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders. Holy fuck, I've never heard "analysis" so bad in my entire life. All three of them were more interested in shouting over the other person and it made for some of the worst Football related topics ever.

It's hilarious, truly fucking terrible. I don't watch anything in the mornings at this point. I get up, look up the Bills inactives, and then check twitter.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but there's so much shit to wade through to get to the one or two good things. I do love the "He's the Beast" yelling though. I'm not hard to please either.

Nah, when it's those three with the mic it's a completely valueless show. They are awful. Faulk is ok sometimes because he is willing to rip guys, but Sapp, Sanders and Irvin are just flat terrible.

I don't know man I like the goofiness they bring. They tend to make me laugh a lot. I guess everyone in the world just want the highlights analyzed in a more serious and professional matter. It is what it is.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

well yea, they are filling 4 hours. Add in the fact they only cover the popular teams and that obviously limits the content.

eznark said:
Its cause they're black isnt it? I mostly tune out when they are just glorifying a player or doing their picks, the picks are the worst part they give like 2 seconds on why a team is going to win. It would be better if they did more NFL Playbook style of stuff.

Is Sanders even on the sunday pregame show anymore? At the desk its Mooch, Warner, Marshall, Sapp and Irvin.

eznark said:
And this is why i watch it.

Dragon

Banned
Its the one OS that the government can't spy on.

It also won't display any modern webpages and crashes every 15 minutes but such is the price is freedom.

Oh I thought that was the PS4 browser, god that thing is a POS.

so I can sync with my flip phone

it's Windows 7 - the color is just muted

Haha oh nice! My bad brah!

...You don't still have that flip phone do you?

eznark

Banned
I don't know man I like the goofiness they bring. They tend to make me laugh a lot. I guess everyone in the world just want the highlights analyzed in a more serious and professional matter. It is what it is.

It's definitely entertaining. It's almost never informative.

well yea, they are filling 4 hours. Add in the fact they only cover the popular teams and that obviously limits the content.

Its cause they're black isnt it? I mostly tune out when they are just glorifying a player or doing their picks, the picks are the worst part they give like 2 seconds on why a team is going to win. It would be better if they did more NFL Playbook style of stuff.

Is Sanders even on the sunday pregame show anymore? At the desk its Mooch, Warner, Marshall, Sapp and Irvin.

And this is why i watch it.

Well, Faulk is the whitest of them! I don't know if Sanders is there in the morning, maybe just the post game thing now. I will say that Chris Rose is, by far, the worst thing on any network ever and giving him that post game slot completely killed that show for me.

But yeah, it's the only one I watch as well.

Doomsayer

hyperbolic much?

Those segments are extremely few and far in between. I love when they actually analyze, but yesterday was just them shouting trying to make what little point they had. It was terrible.

Basically, this.

This is what really gets me.

Notes on my niners:

Defense was by far the best they've been all year. Still not a lot of pressure on the QB but they definitely took advantage of the Eggles makeshift offensive line and completely negated the run. I'm not sure if the D was great or if Philly's line was just a disaster.

Offensive line showed some improvement. For the first time this year there were some holes to run through. However, when they had to run they couldn't. Trying to run out the clock with 1:50 left they ran 3x for 6yds and took a grand total of 14 seconds off the clock. This gave the ball back with plenty of time for Philly to score. What is the narrative today if they go down a score? I bet the narrative is still that the running game was great (despite giving away the win) and that Kaep's pick in the first quarter cost them the game.

However, the O-line was absolutely hot garbage in pass protection again. Immediate pressure up the middle on almost every snap. Kaep can't even set his feet on most plays let alone step up or into a throw. People saying he has happy feet need to realize there is almost no choice in the matter - by the time he has taken 3 steps back he is being flushed. Oh yeah, people always want him to go through a progression in this time in order to prove he can pass from the pocket. Idiots much?

Kaep was great. Yes he made a few mistakes in time and yardage management but all QBs do (and the only mistake I really had a problem with was taking the TO before punting). He also misread a man to man that resulted in a pick. Again, all QBs do that from time to time (and Jenkin's sold that unbelievably well...sometimes the D just makes a great play).

However, although he makes mistakes that other QBs make, he can make plays others only dream of. The throw to Gore was inhuman. Aikman (you know, the HOF QB who had a cannon arm) said there was zero way he could make that throw. Jaws this morning also said he is probably the only QB in the league who can do that. And guess what haters? That took incredible field vision under heavy pressure and he had to change trajectory (another bullshit complaint about him). His sweep left for a first down on a critical 3rd and 13 was something else probably only he could do. Maybe RW could pull that off and maybe RG3 before he was hurt. The throw to Johnson for his second TD toss was elite level as well.

Honestly, this was one of the worst games from Kap all year. He is way too hot and cold. He can look elite for a few possessions and then look Joey Harrington tier the next few. He needs to work on his consistency. That light eventually has to come on or else we are dealing with Alex 2.0.

That throw to Gore was a thing of beauty, though. No idea how the fuck he pulled that off.

ShaneB

I actually like Gameday Final with Chris Rose (who I really like) trying to reign in the chaos, except for Irvin and his yelling... =/.

BigAT

Has anyone gone and praised Lovie Smith for the Bucs turnaround yet? It was hilarious to see him swag walking after the win, as though it wasn't caused purely by having his hand forced at quarterback due to the injury to McCown.

It's definitely entertaining. It's almost never informative.

Well, Faulk is the whitest of them! I don't know if Sanders is there in the morning, maybe just the post game thing now. I will say that Chris Rose is, by far, the worst thing on any network ever and giving him that post game slot completely killed that show for me.

But yeah, it's the only one I watch as well.

People who say shit like this are the worst. He's black and speaks proper so what. Black people who think this way are worse scumbags and is a problem with our race.

I actually like Gameday Final with Chris Rose (who I really like) trying to reign in the chaos, except for Irvin and his yelling... =/.
It was better with Rich Eisen to me though.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Honestly, this was one of the worst games from Kap all year. He is way too hot and cold. He can look elite for a few possessions and then look Joey Harrington tier the next few. He needs to work on his consistency. That light eventually has to come on or else we are dealing with Alex 2.0.

That throw to Gore was a thing of beauty, though. No idea how the fuck he pulled that off.

Well, except for the second half against the bears he has been very good all year. I didn't see any critical problems yesterday and I did see some unbelievable throws to receivers who still struggle to get open and an O-line that offers no protection. We won't even get into the idiotic play calling system Roman uses that puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on the QB. Hell, Smith got twice as many delay of game flags and burned time outs under the same system. He doesn't get those in KC because the system is better there.

People get just insanely critical of every throw he makes for some reason. Brady, Manning and Rodgers also misread defenses at times, don't see open receivers or over/under throw passes. He doesn't always lead his shallow route receivers for a good reason a lot of time. Throwing to the back shoulder is frequently the correct throw especially when there isn't much separation from the defender. And how many balls were dropped yesterday? Probably 5 or 6? All very catchable balls that weren't thrown too hard at all.

I think kaepernick will be fine, terrible playcalling not running with gore more and a very inconsistent offensive line.

jnc @ Steve Smith throwing Shade to EVERYONE in the panthers organization in his post game presser. Too funny

Holy shit.

You post like 40 times a day.

You must be doing something right in your life that you have a job that lets you sit at home all day without your pants on and troll people online about sports.
36.88 eznark posts per day. Holy mackerel, we are truly blessed. I'll do my best to reach those heights and make sure all 36 posts are here at NFL gaf.

Zeke

So billick tweeted the raiders should pull a Baltimore Colts and skip town in the middle of the night. I said Damn

Crisco

Banned
Need a better angle of this throw, Cam throws a damn dart right past the DB's ear into Cotchery's open arms. Best throw I saw all day.

SeveralLinearCusimanse.gif

Wow at the fact I'm number 2 on that list. But then again i post a lot from work during the week.

So do I, yeah.

I don't even feel like I post that much, either. The wonders of multi-tasking.:)

Oh was it now.

AbleUnawareKakapo.gif

The fact that he was able to get that much power on the throw without setting his feet or any kind of power base to work from is what makes that throw amazing (nevermind the elusiveness). We saw Brees try to do something similar last night with the rush in his face and he threw a total noodle. Rodgers does it with such effortlessness. It's not even a debate as to why he's the best QB in the game right now.

brentech

The fact that he was able to get that much power on the throw without setting his feet or any kind of power base to work from is what makes that throw amazing. We saw Brees try to do something similar last night with the rush in his face and he threw a total noodle. Rodgers does it with such effortlessness. It's not even a debate as to why he's the best QB in the game right now.

It's a thing of majestic beauty.
If that was Tom Brady, both his knees would need replaced as well.

gutshot

Packers-GAF, is Eddie Lacy going to continue to suck this year or what? Trying to decide if I should just sell low on him in fantasy. Dude is killing me right now.

Yeah .... there are probably 20 teams in the league that would fire their entire coaching staff and FO to give Harbaugh the keys. Have to figure Deion is speaking out of his ass here.

Deion doesn't strike me as that type of guy. Plus, all of these rumours are leading somewhere.

Since Eagles fans were crowing about an accomplishment that Foles almost had, here is one a great quarterback actually did reach yesterday: Aaron Rodgers threw for 25,000 yards in his 98th game. Only Dan Marino (92), Peyton Manning (97) and Kurt Warner (97) achieved that landmark in fewer games.

GOAT.

Deion doesn't strike me as that type of guy. Plus, all of these rumours are leading somewhere.

Yeah. Even if you didn't believe any of the stuff said over the last year, the fact that Kaep outright didn't listen to Harbaugh, called a timeout, and walked back to the sidelines without even looking at him must tell you that there must be some truth to it all.

Fox318

If only the Packers kept Brent instead of Rodgers. Jets would have traded for him and the jets would have won 3-4 back to back super bowls.

Sounds like Sanders' buddy is the sole source for these rumors so I don't know if I buy it. I also don't know if it matters.

Right now i'm not choosing what side I believe, but the one thing I can't ignore is that there are a ton of rumors coming out of San Fran about Harbaugh, none of which are being struck down. Where there's that much smoke there's usually fire - what that fire is remains to be seen.

brentech

Packers-GAF, is Eddie Lacy going to continue to suck this year or what? Trying to decide if I should just sell low on him in fantasy. Dude is killing me right now.

Our O-line is pretty terribad. Even against the Bears, they couldn't run block well (I saw lineman pushed back into the runner multiple times, directly off the snap. They held up against their non existent pass rush most the time, but they just get pushed back way too often on the run. Maybe with Bulaga returning he'll be able to run towards the right more consistently?

It's hard to have vision when there are no holes to start with.
who the hell knows.

Yeah. Even if you didn't believe any of the stuff said over the last year, the fact that Kaep outright didn't listen to Harbaugh, called a timeout, and walked back to the sidelines without even looking at him must tell you that there must be some truth to it all.

They were talking to each on the sidelines right after the next play.

Top Bottom