• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

RELAYER

Banned
Still can't believe how bad the Falcons defense is.

I mean I can believe it, but I was drinking the koolaid.

What happened to those big old hogs on the line we went out and got to stop the run?
And now our o-line is destroyed. Who the fuck conditions this team?

jesus take the wheel

Still can't believe how bad the Falcons defense is.

I mean I can believe it, but I was drinking the koolaid.

What happened to those big old hogs on the line we went out and got to stop the run?
And now our o-line is destroyed. Who the fuck conditions this team?

jesus take the wheel

What's the word on the offensive line? Is there a possibility many of those guys won't make it back for the weekend?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You're not looking at the big picture. Imagine a complete overhaul of the formats, Just say the top 14 teams in the league make the playoffs. You can justify the fact knowing there are 14 good teams in the league. Or I should say.. 14 teams that feel like they can win on Any Given Sunday.

Right now with the division format as it is, you're really only fighting with 3 other teams for a playoff spot. That's all that matters to most teams.

But it's a pie in the sky to think about the "what ifs", I just like to think of different scenarios. I am fine with just being 12 teams in the playoffs as it is, it does create that mystique of getting in, but adding two teams is fine and dandy to me too.
The owners are NEVER going to give up home playoff game for division winners. There is no big picture to look at. That is not whats being discussed. Whats being discussed adding another wildcard team, and only the 1 seed gets a bye, theres been nothing that I have seen saying just the top 7 seeds and division winners dont get a home game.

bionic77

I hire smart people. I also need to be doing like 7 things at a time or I get restless. I've also almost completely stopped working from home and consolidated from five offices to one main office. I'm way more productive.
Good for you bro.

Most of the people who post 40 times a day on here are failing school, security guards or engaged in some of fraud to get disability from the government (I am not saying its Gata...).

I am on the phone and in and out court so often I barely have time to post here the way I used to. Though GAF and the mute button have saved me a few times on a few special phone calls!

Ny jets :finding new ways to lose since 1962
They are losing in the exact same way as last year. Defense does everything they can to keep them in the game and Geno turns the ball over and makes a bunch of terrible plays to cost them points and they lose a close game. Jets would run away with that division with a good QB.

So what's Foles' excuse for playing like shit yesterday? He's not old and it's Chip Kelly.

195 yards on 43 passes, that's Bradyesque...

2 excuses, first Foles fucking sucks, second 4 guys got moved around on the OL, 3 new starters and our RG playing RT due to all the injuries. Oh and Cooper is fucking horrible. Dropped the game winner that hit him right in the hands. I cant imagine any WRs have more drops so far this year.

gutshot

Foles and Cooper just may not be that good.

Eagles fans shouldn't give up hope yet though. Brady put up numbers in his career too despite being a system qb. Foles should aim for that (but with a penis and without the cheating).

Foles is good. I don't think you can put up the numbers he has been putting up if you aren't at least above average. Whether he is elite or not, remains to be seen.

Cooper sucks.

linkboy

So what's Foles' excuse for playing like shit yesterday? He's not old and it's Chip Kelly.

195 yards on 43 passes, that's Bradyesque...

The Eagles O-line isn't that great (due to injuries and suspensions, they're good when the starters are playing) and the 49ers benched Corey Lemonier with Aaron Lynch and were able to generate a pass rush.

DMczaf

Good morning, fuck sticks.

Good Glennon to you as well, friend of friends.

a6k5qn3cuaanfy9.jpg

ShaneB

The owners are NEVER going to give up home playoff game for division winners. There is no big picture to look at. That is not whats being discussed. Whats being discussed adding another wildcard team, and only the 1 seed gets a bye, theres been nothing that I have seen saying just the top 7 seeds and division winners dont get a home game.

Hence my wacky comment thinking of the what ifs. Just stuff I think about, division format changes, realignment, etc etc. But that's going off the board as to the topic at hand..

I'm still fine with adding another wild card team in the current format. Last year it would've been the Cardinals and one of the multitude of 8-8 teams getting in. Any of those 8-8 teams could've played well enough in another playoff game. But ah well.

Plenty of the later weeks are playoff type games simply because it's a matter of win and you're in or lose and you're done.

Foles is good. I don't think you can put up the numbers he has been putting up if you aren't at least above average. Whether he is elite or not, remains to be seen.

Cooper sucks.

You really dont think it is more a product of him getting 7 days to stand back there and scan the field most games? The only time I can think of that he got pressured and still played well was last week against the Skins, and we know that their secondary is just terrible. I really think Chips system is good and the Eagles WRs do a great job getting open. I am really starting to think that like half the QBs in the league could put up better numbers then Nick with this offense.

Zeke

So Romo only has one pick since that awful week one game and it was against the rams. His passing rating has been going up every week. His average on the season so far 98.7 and he's completing 69% of his passes. Dat oline play so sexy.

eznark

Banned
So Romo only has one pick since that awful week one game and it was against the rams. His passing rating has been going up every week. His average on the season so far 98.7 and he's completing 69% of his passes. Dat oline play so sexy.

Weird that it's easier to play against the Titans, Rams and Saints defenses than the 49ers.

linkboy

Combined with Murray running over everyone and the defense actually stopping the other team.

Zeke

Also easier to play when you have an offensive line that can pass block and run block to take pressure off you. The defense can stop the run but still give up huge chunks of yards in the air (26th). I'm not sure why it took the saints so long to go to the spread of they do that from the start is a different game.

gutshot

You really dont think it is more a product of him getting 7 days to stand back there and scan the field most games? The only time I can think of that he got pressured and still played well was last week against the Skins, and we know that their secondary is just terrible. I really think Chips system is good and the Eagles WRs do a great job getting open. I am really starting to think that like half the QBs in the league could put up better numbers then Nick with this offense.

I'm sure other QBs would be successful in this system, but that doesn't change the fact that Foles is also successful. I think Foles' best attributes are his toughness and his ability to perform in the clutch. He has 3 game winning drives this season and was a Cooper drop away from a 4th. He also led them back in the Saints playoff game, so really for 5 straight games he has led the Eagles on late game comeback or near-comeback drives. Bad QBs don't really do that. The fact that he can still get wins even when he doesn't play particularly well is encouraging. Because then when he does play well, this happens.

He's not a bad QB is all I'm saying. He's not a great QB either. Not yet, anyway.

I will say that at least the Brewers carried me into the NFL season before they ultimately choked everything away. Now the Lions just have to carry me to the Badgers Men's Basketball season.

bionic77

Cooper sucks.
Just basing it on what I have been seeing.

He was really good last year but it looks like defenses have caught up to him or he has regressed.

If he is good then his play will show that. But he has not played well to date so far this year. The rest of the team is carrying him.

LJ11

What's bizarre is that they're even having this to begin with. You barely get meaningful football talk out of most of these guys, can't wait to see what they bring to this discussion...

Wish Michael Irvin still worked at ESPN, would love to see him on this panel.

Berman: "So what's your take Michael?"

Irvin: ...."HE'S A BEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSST."

That's all that lunatic does, scream he's a beaaaaast.

Doomsayer

What's bizarre is that they're even having this to begin with. You barely get meaningful football talk out of most of these guys, can't wait to see what they bring to this discussion...

Wish Michael Irvin still worked at ESPN, would love to see him on this panel.

Berman: "So what's your take Michael?"

Irvin: ...."HE'S A BEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSST."

That's all that lunatic does, scream he's a beaaaaast.

Yesterday on NFL Gameday, or whatever show is on at 11pm on NFL Network, it was Marshall Faulk, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders. Holy fuck, I've never heard "analysis" so bad in my entire life. All three of them were more interested in shouting over the other person and it made for some of the worst Football related topics ever.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yesterday on NFL Gameday, or whatever show is on at 11pm on NFL Network, it was Marshall Faulk, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders. Holy fuck, I've never heard "analysis" so bad in my entire life. All three of them were more interested in shouting over the other person and it made for some of the worst Football related topics ever.

hyperbolic much?

They had Richard Sherman on for several segments, they broke down one of Manning's INT and broke down the final drive by Manning to tie the game. It was really good.

Top Bottom