• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

eznark

Banned
Right now i'm not choosing what side I believe, but the one thing I can't ignore is that there are a ton of rumors coming out of San Fran about Harbaugh, none of which are being struck down. Where there's that much smoke there's usually fire - what that fire is remains to be seen.

Lol, Crabtree is mad that Hardon expects him to act like an adult. Woe is he.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers-GAF, is Eddie Lacy going to continue to suck this year or what? Trying to decide if I should just sell low on him in fantasy. Dude is killing me right now.

Concussions made him stupid for picking his running lanes. I'm hoping coaching can solve the problem over time because we'll need him more and more as winter sets in....theoretically. We won a Super Bowl with "falls forward" so maybe we don't?

We also played three abysmal games against some really good D-Lines. Bears have a garbage defense and he still only put up 60 yards though.

Basically to answer your question, maybe? Maybe not? I don't see him getting more than 100 yards a game from here on out though.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
bunch of whipped men in that married advice thread.

And after a 6 month long wait, we are already through ~25% of the NFL regular season.

Lol, Crabtree is mad that Hardon expects him to act like an adult. Woe is he.

The player stuff, sure. But what about the stuff before the season about Lurie thinking he can get anybody to coach this team to a good record or the interest from team x y and z? Doubt that came from Crabs too.

Bowser

Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL 1h
.@Panthers Kelvin Benjamin is only @NFL rookie in past 10 years w/ 25+ yard rec TD in 3 of team’s 1st 4 games

at least not everything about this team sucks shit at the moment

eznark

Banned
The player stuff, sure. But what about the stuff before the season about Lurie thinking he can get anybody to coach this team to a good record or the interest from team x y and z? Doubt that came from Crabs too.

Oh, that stuff I definitely buy, but that's contract issue stuff. Players only cry about music and cards when they are losing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Supposedly our coaches are lazier than the players so we'll never have to worry about any of this!

I imagine Rodgers basically conducting the entire practice for the offense.

Defense just goes out for ice cream instead.

at least not everything about this team sucks shit at the moment
Sorry, had to bring this up:

Kelvin Benjamin is gonna have a huge year. 1100+ yards is all but guaranteed. He's going to be this year's Alshon Jeffery except less yardage since he doesn't have anyone else to take the heat off like Jeffery has with Marshall. Expect around ~1100 for Benjamin, with 7 or 8 TDs.
Talon said:
It's comforting to know that Heavy is wrong about everything.
Bookmarked. I know more about bout this stuff than you do, that's the bottom line: (a bunch of news snippets about Benjamin were pasted here)
cdyhybrid said:
jakncoke said:
lol heavy

Lol indeed.

Bowser

Sorry, had to bring this up:

Lol indeed.

Hey man, I was on the KB bandwagon as well, but that's cause I'm a homer :jnc He should have 5 TDs already. Almost had a TD in the Lions game, just barely couldn't get two feet in bounds, and the same thing yesterday in the 3rd Q vs the Ravens.

He's currently on pace for 84 rec, 1,316 yards, and 12 TDs. Probably won't hit those numbers, but I definitely think he'll get 1,000+ yards and 8 TDs at least.

Supposedly our coaches are lazier than the players so we'll never have to worry about any of this!

When it comes to a good milkshake the seperation is in the preperation.

gutshot

Honestly he feels like another Trent Truck

This was my feeling as well. It's a weirdly similar scenario in that they are similar runners who both had promising rookie seasons, were hyped up as future stud RBs and then totally came crashing back down to earth in year two.

Hey man, I was on the KB bandwagon as well, but that's cause I'm a homer :jnc

He's currently on pace for 84 rec, 1,316 yards, and 12 TDs. Probably won't hit those numbers, but I definitely think he'll get 1,000+ yards and 8 TDs at least.

Yeah that wasn't directed at you, just reminded me of that exchange from a few weeks ago. Great draft pick for the Panthers. Imagine if they still had Steve Smith too.

eznark

Banned
This was my feeling as well. It's a weirdly similar scenario in that they are similar runners who both had promising rookie seasons, were hyped up as future stud RBs and then totally came crashing back down to earth in year two.

Thank God the Packers didn't use a high draft pick on him!

The comparison is pretty dumb because Richardson is a Huge Bust not because he is a bad running back but because he was picked 3rd overall (and then was traded for another first!). Lacy went at the end of the second round.

Trey

Yeah that was incredible. The ref should be ashamed for taking it away.

As glorious as that TD throw was, ref made the right call. If the tackle doesn't hold, Rodgers is easily sacked.

Still though, that throw is what dreams are made of.

Bowser

Also, just a thought about Smitty, but people were always talking about how besides Muhsin Muhammad, the Panthers could never find a #2 WR to compliment him, regardless of who we drafted/signed (Keyshawn, LaFell, Keary Colbert, Dwayne Jarrett, etc)...but maybe it has more do with Smith? Take a look at Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones numbers alongside Smitty:

S. Smith: 25 rec, 429 yds, 3 TDs
T. Smith: 8 rec, 138 yds, 1 TD
J. Jones: 3 rec, 20 yds

Smitty's got nearly twice as many targets (41) as Torrey does (22). I think Smitty might have had more to do with not having a #2 WR than vice versa...

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Also, just a thought about Smitty, but people were always talking about how besides Muhsin Muhammad, the Panthers could never find a #2 WR to compliment him, regardless of who we drafted/signed (Keyshawn, LaFell, Keary Colbert, Dwayne Jarrett, etc)...but maybe it has more do with Smith? Take a look at Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones numbers alongside Smitty:

Smitty's got nearly twice as many targets (41) as Torrey does (22). I think Smitty might have had more to do with not having a #2 WR than vice versa...
but in fairness, jacoby jones sucks.

eznark

Banned

What a shit head, getting open all the time like that.

Bowser

What a shit head, getting open all the time like that.

Hey, who knows, maybe Torrey Smith has fallen off (I admit Jacoby is trash). But it is interesting to see a guy who used to be Flacco's best target, a guy who has never put up less than 800 yards in a season (841 (7 TDs), 855 (8 TDs), 1,128 (4 TDs)) suddenly on pace to have only 550 yards this season.

Just interesting to note IMO.

gutshot

Thank God the Packers didn't use a high draft pick on him!

The comparison is pretty dumb because Richardson is a Huge Bust not because he is a bad running back but because he was picked 3rd overall (and then was traded for another first!). Lacy went at the end of the second round.

This is true. I was referring more to fantasy. Both guys were first round picks going into their second years and both have so far been busts ever since.

But yeah, in real football, Green Bay's investment in Lacy isn't as high as Cleveland's was in Richardson. Of course, Richardson's bust factor was mitigated by the Browns a bit, thanks to the trade. Not sure Green Bay would be able to get much of anything for Lacy right now.

bionic77

At least your defense is still alive!

We fucking brought James Harrison out of retirement last week!

Speaking of coaches, my coach is a fraud too!

eznark

Banned
Our O-line is pretty terribad.

3 of the five graded positive in the run game per PFF. Linsley had a really bad game but Bulaga, Lang and Sitton play well, Sitton specifically.

Like me, PFF puts most of the blame squarely on Lacy, though unlike last week he shares it a bit with Linsley.

Hey, who knows, maybe Torrey Smith has fallen off (I admit Jacoby is trash). But it is interesting to see a guy who used to be Flacco's best target, a guy who has never put up less than 800 yards in a season (841 (7 TDs), 855 (8 TDs), 1,128 (4 TDs)) suddenly on pace to have only 550 yards this season.

Just interesting to note IMO.

Torrey smith is Mike Wallace 2.0 - 1 route body catcher. Same with Jones.

Smith gets the targets because he's more versatile than both those 2 put together and multiplied by 10.

Colasante

expect changes at all 3 interior OL spots tonight - Connolly at LG, Stork getting 1st career start at C, Fleming at RG

Oh no. Two rookie linemen making their first starts on Monday Night Football at Arrowhead, against Dontari Poe, Justin Houston, and Tamba Hali. And Fleming was a college tackle who took his first snaps at guard last Wednesday. I guess it can't be worse than what they had before, right? Right?

tom-brady-18.jpg

Oh no. Two rookie linemen making their first starts on Monday Night Football at Arrowhead, against Dontari Poe, Justin Houston, and Tamba Hali. And Fleming was a college tackle who took his first snaps at guard last Wednesday. I guess it can't be worse than what they had before, right? Right?

tom-brady-18.jpg

RIP Brady

Pro

3 of the five graded positive in the run game per PFF. Linsley had a really bad game but Bulaga, Lang and Sitton play well, Sitton specifically.

Like me, PFF puts most of the blame squarely on Lacy, though unlike last week he shares it a bit with Linsley.

If Bulaga can stay healthy for an extended period of time we could build some much needed consistency on that O Line. I only got to watch the fourth quarter, but was this a better Defensive effort or was it more of Rodgers carrying the team on his shoulders. If it's more the latter, we can't expect that week in and week out. And from what I've heard it was pretty tight the first half and the Bears shot themselves in the foot in addition to Aaron playing out of his mind.

Torrey smith is Mike Wallace 2.0 - 1 route body catcher. Same with Jones.

Smith gets the targets because he's more versatile than both those 2 put together and multiplied by 10.
Wallace has 246 yards and 3 TD's this season and none of that has been from a 9 route. He's become a much better route runner simply because of how quick he is.

That said, he's still bad at catching in traffic and he's way overpaid.

His TD yesterday was pretty nice.

Bread

Banned
Idzik might not have a job ever in the NFL after this season.

If he came out and said he is foced on the future instead of this season maybe he could sell his moves but this team is too talented to tank.
Is it though? Can't do much with no cornerbacks, a crappy QB, and a bad receiving corps.

brentech

A.J. Hawk, ILB: +2.7

Breakdown: One of the more up and down players on this defensive roster, Hawk put together a solid day in both run defense (+1.3) and pass coverage (+1.7). He allowed just two completions for a meager three yards, closing quickly on Matt Forte on both occasions Cutler threw into Hawk’s territory.

Signature Stat: Hawk had seven stops on the day, bringing his season total to 16.
4 games done, acquires basically half of his stat in one of four games.

crazy.gif

bionic77

Wallace has 246 yards and 3 TD's this season and none of that has been from a 9 route. He's become a much better route runner simply because of how quick he is.

That said, he's still bad at catching in traffic and he's way overpaid.

His TD yesterday was pretty nice.
I wouldn't mind having him on the Steelers.

We need a deep threat. Add him to Brown, Miller and Bell and our offense would be insane.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
When it comes to a good milkshake the seperation is in the preperation.

:jnc

Best part is the Dom Capers style afternoon nap after lunch and ice cream too.

At least your defense is still alive!

We fucking brought James Harrison out of retirement last week!

Speaking of coaches, my coach is a fraud too!

Well maybe Omar Epps is the coach now?

Don't forget we brought Ahman Green back from the dead not too long ago. It happens...

Lubricus

Falcons defense=558 yards offense led by a rookie QB. Injuries meant a TE was starting at RG.
We're doomed. Might as well start the reset this year. Mr. Nolan is going backwards. Mr. Smith doesn't have a clue these days. The GM has been resting on his laurels the last 5 years.

Top Bottom