• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

MRSA

Banned
hKW0xASl.jpg

Milana pls

Crisco

Banned
One or both of DeAngelo and Jonathan will not be in Carolina uniforms next year, I'm calling it. I love them both and will never forget the magical years of 2008 and 2009 but enough is enough.

You know you're ass when the black QB dickrider can't even stand up for you.

Yeah, bad luck is one thing, but those dudes are just brittle. Stewart's injury looked legitimately bad, his knee clearly hyperextended. But wtf happened with Williams? He just pulled up lame on a tame looking play running out of bounds.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
When will Kraft realize that Bill is a shit gm?

HUH!? How dare you!!!

- Chad Jackson
- Taylor Price
- Joey Galloway
- Sam Aiken
- Tiquan Underwood
- Chad Johnson
- Danny Amendola
- Recehe Caldwell
- Brandon Lloyd
- Greg Salas
- Daniel Fells
- Laurence Maroney
- josh boyce
- Brandon Tate
- Brandon Lafell

That's just a small sample of some receivers we've successfully implemented into Tom's stable of lethal weapons. Need I say more? I do? Well fine

- Darius butler
- Terrence whealty
- Ras I Downling (the goat)
- jonathan wilhite
- Ellis Hobbs AKA Mr. Shutdown!
- brandon big bang clock meriweather
- patrick top rung chung
- shawn springs on a generous monster of a contract!
- leigh bodden
- mr. 2nd round steal himself TAVON WILSON!
- Duron muda. fuckin. Harmon

Seriously does it get better? oh it does?

- Sean Crable (not that bum vrabel)
- Ron Brace
- Jermaine Cunningham
- Jake Bequette

Just a small sample of shockingly bad players drafted by the hooded genius, or bizarre signings that nobody thought would work. A ton of these guys were considered massive reaches as well.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats scored the most points in the NFL the games Gronk played last year from being asstastic. Clearly a healthy Gronk can't play without Hernandez.

People always quote this, but they were still pretty asstasstic during this stretch. I agree Gronk is an unbelievable weapon, I just honestly believe Hernandez was a hair better.

Fox318

HUH!? How dare you!!!

- Chad Jackson
- Taylor Price
- Joey Galloway
- Sam Aiken
- Tiquan Underwood
- Chad Johnson
- Danny Amendola
- Recehe Caldwell
- Brandon Lloyd
- Greg Salas
- Daniel Fells
- Laurence Maroney
- josh boyce
- Brandon Tate
- Brandon Lafell

That's just a small sample of some receivers we've successfully implemented into Tom's stable of lethal weapons. Need I say more? I do? Well fine

- Darius butler
- Terrence whealty
- jonathan wilhite
- patrick top rung chung
- leigh bodden

- Ron Brace
- Jermaine Cunningham
- Jake Bequette

Just a small sample of shockingly bad players drafted by the hooded genius, or bizarre signings that nobody thought would work. A ton of these guys were considered massive reaches as well.
Worst part is that ESPN is full of Patriot shitheads who always say that Bill can coach em up and he always makes the right move with his trades.

Tom Brady is gonna get killed on the field because Bill traded his offensive line captain for a TE that wouldn't make most team's practice squads.

If ESPN was in any other city Bill would have been fired as GM and coach long ago for the simple fact that he hasn't dominated the AFC east and won more than 3* super bowls.

Bill can't coach and he can't draft. When he got caught with spygate he lost his advantage in the league and has been riding Tom Brady's coat tails to the post season every year while the Fish, Jets, and Bills are on fire every year because of horrible ownership.

Bread

Banned
join me channy sanjuro and noodle in irc friends

we're discussing the finer points of milana's body and if we would let muscular girls carry us or not

Tom Penny

People always quote this, but they were still pretty asstasstic during this stretch. I agree Gronk is an unbelievable weapon, I just honestly believe Hernandez was a hair better.

Excluding when Gronk Blew his knee

You have a high fucking bar.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Worst part is that ESPN is full of Patriot shitheads who always say that Bill can coach em up and he always makes the right move with his trades.

Tom Brady is gonna get killed on the field because Bill traded his offensive line captain for a TE that wouldn't make most team's practice squads.

If ESPN was in any other city Bill would have been fired as GM and coach long ago for the simple fact that he hasn't dominated the AFC east and won more than 3* super bowls.

Bill can't coach and he can't draft. When he got caught with spygate he lost his advantage in the league and has been riding Tom Brady's coat tails to the post season every year while the Fish, Jets, and Bills are on fire every year because of horrible ownership.

LOL the spygate comments are so bitter. I've gone over this, as have many experts and pundits on why spygate means NOTHING to a team and other teams continue to do exactly what the pats did, have been caught in the process along the way, and past superbowl teams also have been caught (those broncos teams in the 90s? They got caught taping practices, and also caught tampering, no big though). Anybody who actually believes that's a major factor has no credibility as a football fan.

That being all said I do believe the majority of this teams success has been almost entirely on Tom Brady. He is one of the best QBs of all times. The times have changed in the league though, and offenses are a fast pace, spread it out, over the top offense now. Brady has been given the same caliber garbage he won superbowls with (it's actually worse), but he's not young anymore, and the game has changed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Excluding when Gronk Blew his knee

You have a high fucking bar.

Ok, what's the outlier there? Also Gronk blew his knee with what 5 minutes left? Why aren't we including that? That game was a perfect example of why the team was one dimensional and an overrated offense. The Broncos shitting themselves all over the field was part of that run as well. It reminds me of 09 when we won 59-0 then crushed the shitty bucs in europe. Our offense was inefficient that year.

Tom Penny

Ok, what's the outlier there? Also Gronk blew his knee with what 5 minutes left? Why aren't we including that? That game was a perfect example of why the team was one dimensional and an overrated offense. The Broncos shitting themselves all over the field was part of that run as well. It reminds me of 09 when we won 59-0 then crushed the shitty bucs in europe. Our offense was inefficient that year.

They scored 27 in the Browns game...

Patriots7

HUH!? How dare you!!!

- Chad Jackson
- Taylor Price
- Joey Galloway
- Sam Aiken
- Tiquan Underwood
- Chad Johnson
- Danny Amendola
- Recehe Caldwell
- Brandon Lloyd
- Greg Salas
- Daniel Fells
- Laurence Maroney
- josh boyce
- Brandon Tate
- Brandon Lafell

- Darius butler
- Terrence whealty
- jonathan wilhite
- patrick top rung chung
- leigh bodden

- Ron Brace
- Jermaine Cunningham
- Jake Bequette

This list is a punch in the dick

Godslay

Banned
Right, it's better to play QB as a rookie when you're interior OL is trash and you're getting sacked/pressured in under 2 seconds repeatedly. That will certainly help with development.

Rookie/Young QBs are such an interesting position to be in these days.

If you are lucky, you have a franchise that has an elite QB that maybe in the twilight of his career. The franchise will let you ride the bench, learn from the master, and in general be groomed for the spot. If you are real lucky, you'll inherit a good OL/team and all the boxes are checked for a good start to your career.

If you are fortunate, you'll get drafted by a team with all the right pieces and are just missing a QB. The defense or good skill players/OL will carry you until the speed of the game slows down enough for you to make in the game.

If you are unfortunate, you'll get drafted by a team with mediocre to poor talent levels. You'll get to play after the journeyman they signed as a stop gap shows that even experience can't lift the team. Your talent may carry the team, if you are good.

If you are just plain unlucky, you'll get drafted by a team that can't evaluate talent, has poor talent levels in most positions, and has poor coaching. You'll get shoved out there, you won't get help, the coaching will be bad, and you might not be as good as the poor talent evaluation thought. Basically, you're screwed.

Add on to this guessing game, the fact that hardly any team has the patience that they had with QBs not so long ago. Plus the fact that talent levels vary so widely at the position, even if you get drafted into an ideal situation it very well might not work out.

Rookies are more disposable then they used to be, so you won't get to develop unless your in the lucky spot I named above. I'd imagine that it's an incredible amount of pressure, and some guys can't handle it.

I personally think some guys just need more time to develop. In today's NFL they won't get it. It's a tough spot to be in. It's no wonder that we have a few select at the top, and a bunch of mediocre/poor passers below them. Sucks for EJ, but it doesn't help that he was drafted into a spot that most QBs won't succeed in. Would he do better in a more fortunate position? Maybe? Might just fall back to that he might not be that talented. Just interesting to think all the things that are out of their control when it comes to being successful.

TLDR;

QBs are a goddamn guessing game, and it helps to be a on a good team to start with or in the right situation.

My current Top 5 Power Rankings:

1.) Seattle Seahawks
2.) Denver Broncos
3.) Detroit Lions
4.) Cincinnati Bengals
5.) San Diego Chargers

Broncos are a bit high right now. All those teams on that list are playing better than they are right now. Top 10 sure, Top 5 not yet.

Tom Penny

more than half of that Came with Gronk off of the field and in the last minute... so that kind of goes against your initial point.

Obviously the Pats offensive efficiency went up in all facets and dramatically in the redzone by coincidence when Gronk played last year.

Top Bottom