• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

jerd

Stop lying there's nothing. This is like when these guys talk up their "film watching". I love it when they go on about a coach watching "so much film"

What is he watching? If there's 11min of total action in a game he could go through a whole season of film before i have lunch lol.

Lol what

You realize they aren't just casually watching the game right?

Hunter S.

Stop lying there's nothing. This is like when these guys talk up their "film watching". I love it when they go on about a coach watching "so much film"

What is he watching? If there's 11min of total action in a game he could go through a whole season of film before i have lunch lol.

smh wtf this is so wrong

dqCUYQ2l.jpg

ShaneB

Like most professional athletic appropriations of Native American culture, the tomahawk chop and the war chant have little basis in Native American history. There is no indication that Native Americans ever made the gesture known today as the tomahawk chop. Tomahawks were historically not only used as weapons by Native Americans but also revered as sacred objects. Similarly, scalping—which FSU’s fight song encourages its athletes to do to their opponents—was practiced by both European settlers and Native Americans during the Colonial era, and it wasn’t widespread among Native Americans. The spread of the popular association of Native Americans with mock savagery probably dates to the early 20th century, around the time the Boy Scouts began using Native American-inspired terms and images in its curriculum.

Athletic teams’ use of Native American mascots has been subject to criticism repeatedly over the years for being insensitive and insulting to Native American people, and today the principal chief of the Cherokee Nation called Brown’s staffers’ use of the gesture “offensive and racist.”
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/09/origins_of_the_tomahawk_chop_scott_brown_s_staffers_mocking_elizabeth_warren_are_continuing_a_long_tradition_.html

Started at Florida State. Has nothing to do with real native American culture. Fairly embarrassing.

Arrowhead once again back on top as the loudest outdoor stadium in the world. No need for gimmicky acoustic engineering or pumping in fake crowd noise.

Hunter S.

As far as that loudness record goes, the Chefs have one of the biggest stadiums in the league.

Arrowhead Stadium Kansas City Chiefs 76,416

CenturyLink Field Seattle Seahawks 67,000

rando14

Arrowhead once again back on top as the loudest outdoor stadium in the world. No need for gimmicky acoustic engineering or pumping in fake crowd noise.

Yeah it sure is easy when you put up a sign during a time out and coordinating the whole thing and telling everyone to scream as loud as they can at once

Not that it matters lol

Top Bottom