• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, it's not happening.

Unless there is an injury or the wheels completely fall off and you have 4 of these games like tonight, Brady is starting every game for the rest of the season. Let's remember, the Patriots just got completely spanked for 60-minutes ... and they're still tied for first place in their horrible division. Brady's not going anywhere.

I think the wheels could easily come off. People are going to lose faith in bill, I think that faith was shaken quick when they traded one of their leaders a few days before the season started. It's easy to lose faith when you're losing, especially when the player you traded is directly connected to one of their reasons for playing so poorly.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You guys lost by more points than us. LOL SUCKS TO SUCK BIIIIIITCH

And yet, somehow this awful team (by my own accord), won against them. The raiders are the undisputed worst franchise in the last 10 years of the NFL. Again Trash talk is for losers, but keep beating that drum.

jbug617

Banned
Tom has declined, but not as bad as the personell and management around him has made it look. Nobody could succeed with this line- not peyton, not A-rod, not Luck. No Receivers, no backs, and worst of all no line.

I don't think Mankins would help this line either.

Ship the Raiders to San Antonio. Shuffle the whole team. Grab Mariota in the draft. Find the football version of Greg Poppovich. Enjoy success in Texas for the next two decades.

Godslay

Banned
You have to at least project a winner to be considered a fraud. Pats look fucking awful across the board. I hope they trade Tom, really his bounce back would have a ton of people surprised I truly believe that. Nobody would succeed with this team right now.

Pat's were projected to be a power in the AFC. Plenty of media guys had them projected to go to or win the Superbowl.

On the flip side, anyone paying attention saw this coming. There was a lot of hype around the Pat's defense coming into the season, but I knew it was bad simply because the DL is not a good unit. If you can't get pressure, then guys like Revis don't matter. If you can't stop the run, teams will run it down your throat, and then once you think a run is coming they'll open up the pass on you. It all pretty much starts on that line.

I thought the offense would get it together as they have some playmakers, but it looks pretty bad at this point. Obviously could turn it around, as it's still early, but if teams like Oakland are hanging around with you, and KC is pissing on your steak, those are definitely warning signs that all is not right in the world.

And yet, somehow this awful team (by my own accord), won against them. The raiders are the undisputed worst franchise in the last 10 years of the NFL. Again Trash talk is for losers, but keep beating that drum.

I will...I hope you choke on that humble pie flavored diick!

I may be a bit drunk

I think the wheels could easily come off. People are going to lose faith in bill, I think that faith was shaken quick when they traded one of their leaders a few days before the season started. It's easy to lose faith when you're losing, especially when the player you traded is directly connected to one of their reasons for playing so poorly.

I agree... and many fans, while loving what Bill brought to the org, are also suspicious of his capriciousness.

But, while the wheels could come off, I don't think that putting Jimmy Garoppolo into that position is any better than having Tom Brady be in that position.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't think Mankins would help this line either.

I don't think he would make much of a difference, but he'd have more fight, add some edge, and some damn consistency. The rotations right now are mind boggling, every single set it's a new group and they're moving all over the line, rotating cannon from guard to tackle, rotating centers, tackles switching sides, etc.

09-21-17
Breaking: Raiders new coach fired after he goes 4-38

Unfortunate, because nobody could coach that group to anything the way they're built. I thought they should've stuck with Tom Cable, but I didn't get to watch him much.

calm down. Season is not over.

187H8ix.jpg

Belichik laughed off the question of evaluating the quarterback position.

Brady has been spoiled by great o-lines his entire career. Welcome to a day in the life of Ryan Tannehill.

Eh, Patriots offensive line was in the bottom 5 from 1999 - 2001. Bledsoe was the most sacked QB for the first 3 weeks of 2001. Brady came in and suddenly the league-worst offensive line was competent. He inherited garbage but was able to get rid of the ball quickly and had a good offensive gameplan. He had a strong OLine from 2003 -> 2007. The Oline has gotten worse and worse since 2008, and the gameplan didn't change in a meaningful way. It was terrible last season, a bottom 10 O-line. This year it's the worst in the NFL thus far.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I agree... and many fans, while loving what Bill brought to the org, are also suspicious of his capriciousness.

But, while the wheels could come off, I don't think that putting Jimmy Garoppolo into that position is any better than having Tom Brady be in that position.

O I agree, I've been arguing that they flip Tom and Gronk for some picks, sign a veteran tank out the rest of the season, Tom will have something to compete with elsewhere and not waste away here, and we can use the picks to build something for Jimmy and see what he has next year.

I will...I hope you choke on that humble pie flavored diick!

I may be a bit drunk

No humble pie here, lol unfortunate that I'm a pats fan since I get lumped into that, but I've been calling this for a while now.

Pat's were projected to be a power in the AFC. Plenty of media guys had them projected to go to or win the Superbowl.

On the flip side, anyone paying attention saw this coming. There was a lot of hype around the Pat's defense coming into the season, but I knew it was bad simply because the DL is not a good unit. If you can't get pressure, then guys like Revis don't matter. If you can't stop the run, teams will run it down your throat, and then once you think a run is coming they'll open up the pass on you. It all pretty much starts on that line.

I thought the offense would get it together as they have some playmakers, but it looks pretty bad at this point. Obviously could turn it around, as it's still early, but if teams like Oakland are hanging around with you, and KC is pissing on your steak, those are definitely warning signs that all is not right in the world.

I didn't argue that, read my post above. A fraud has to be in position pretending to be something else. They got exposed from day one, but they're 2-2 they're not projecting as anything right now, they got blown the fuck out, they have a terrible offense, and they barely beat the raiders... there's no fraud here, they're bad people have been questioning them, they were the underdogs tonight. That word is thrown around way too much in NFL gaf.

Luck's o-line has been trash from day one, he'd be alright.

You haven't been watching this line then. I agree their line could be better, it's not this bad, period. Watch the games, no bias here it's just that bad. On top of that, Luck has had Reggie wayne (still going strong), TY hilton, and a handful of other competent players along the way.

Top Bottom