• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

I know what a good or bad line looks like, that's why I'm posting what I am, no team would succeed with this line. If you think someone can compete when on a 4 man rush you're literally not blocking 1 guy, then you don't watch football.

Everybody has the worst everything.

Patriots gameplan - Double Gronk, watch out for Edelman. The rest will take care of itself. Team has no talent at receiver.

I know what a good or bad line looks like, that's why I'm posting what I am, no team would succeed with this line. If you think someone can compete when on a 4 man rush you're literally not blocking 1 guy, then you don't watch football.
When did I say that? I never said Luck would win a SB behind that o-line. It's pretty bad it's just not as bad as you, a Patriots fan spoiled with years of great o-line play, seem to think it is. Still pretty bad though!

Godslay

Banned
Any chance someone can crop that Belichick face?

Did my best. Not good with photoshop.

GnYUN60.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Why do I know why the Raiders do the shit they do? All i'm saying is the current team is not indicative of McKenzie's competence as a GM.

I don't disagree that McKenzie's done a good job. Allen just was put in an impossible position.

McKenzie isn't going anywhere. He has had the best draft class of 2014 (his first full draft) so far and the narrative on him is far from accurate. He's done a good job with what he has had to work with. He deserves a 2nd head coach and I think he'll get one.

He's done a good job drafting, and the numbers speak for themselves. They can't keep cycling through these HCs though. It will never get better if they do.

Firing the coach is an easy move -- they're consistently not competitive. Firing the GM at this stage? I guess if I were their division rival I'd be in favor of it too!

McKenzie's one saving grace at this point is that the 2014 draft class looks very promising. Pretty much everything else ranges from meh to awful. I think McKenzie gets at least one more year

ShaneB

McKenzie isn't going anywhere. He has had the best draft class of 2014 (his first full draft) so far and the narrative on him is far from accurate. He's done a good job with what he has had to work with. He deserves a 2nd head coach and I think he'll get one.

Dude, I just want the Raiders to be good to spice up the AFCW!

Explain his decision to let Houston and Veldheer walk while signing a bunch of washed up vets? That smacks of incompetence to me.

He didn't let them walk, they wanted to leave and he refused to give them 12 million a year offers to keep them.

Donald Penn, the "old" LT he got for a fraction of the price Veldheer wanted has quietly outplayed him. We miss Houston a bit more, but 13 million for 1 year is too much for a 1-dimensional run-stopper. Lamaar Woodley and Tuck are both better players when used correctly, but Allen has them standing up in 2 point stances getting blown up. Woodley signed because he was told he'd be a 43 DE, which he'd be good at.

He also signed Austin Howard, who has been good, Tarell Brown hasn't been bad.

All these signings are not bad contracts which people do not understand. He can cut them all loose next year and have no effect on the cap.

And all of the top FAs he targeted, flatout said NO, they wouldn't play for the Raiders. He targeted almost every top FA this year.

The roster isn't as bad as people think, the coaching is a huge issue.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Everybody has the worst everything.

Patriots gameplan - Double Gronk, watch out for Edelman. The rest will take care of itself. Team has no talent at receiver.

There's always a worst somewhere, and the pats happen to have a few of them- The worst LB corps, the worst Receiving corps, and the worst O-line. You could even argue that in it's current state they have the worst or towards the bottom in their secondary. Revis looks awful against bad receivers these past 2 weeks. Logan Ryan is awful, Pat Chung is the worst safety in the league, Tavon and Duron don't even play. They are in real trouble across the board here. just the way it is.

When did I say that? I never said Luck would win a SB behind that o-line. It's pretty bad it's just not as bad as you, a Patriots fan spoiled with years of great o-line play, seem to think it is. Still pretty bad though!

They haven't had GREAT o-line play for a few years now. Not like Peyton has had, and that's poor GMing from Bill as always. It's never been this bad, it's not about being spoiled, it's about it being the worst, and even when he does get time, his weapons don't get open. They average less than 3 yards a carry in the run game, due to poor personnel and line play. Tom has no time, and nobody is open. The playcalling is beyond atrocious.

DarkFlow

Banned
As I saw on Twitter, "Who knew Batman without Batman was so boring?".

Everyone but Fox apparently. I'd be totally fine with the show if they just kinda ignored Batmans rogue galley, got rid of Kid Bruce and Catwoman and made totally new people for Jim to deal with.

Fox318

McKenzie's one saving grace at this point is that the 2014 draft class looks very promising. Pretty much everything else ranges from meh to awful. I think McKenzie gets at least one more year
So what vet qb will he overpay that only gets beat by a rookie will he get next year?

Drakeon

He didn't let them walk, they wanted to leave and he refused to give them 12 million a year offers to keep them.

Donald Penn, the "old" LT he got for a fraction of the price Veldheer wanted has quietly outplayed him. We miss Houston a bit more, but 13 million for 1 year is too much for a 1-dimensional run-stopper. Lamaar Woodley and Tuck are both better players when used correctly, but Allen has them standing up in 2 point stances getting blown up. Woodley signed because he was told he'd be a 43 DE, which he'd be good at.

He also signed Austin Howard, who has been good, Tarell Brown hasn't been bad.

All these signings are not bad contracts which people do not understand. He can cut them all loose next year and have no effect on the cap.

And all of the top FAs he targeted, flatout said NO, they wouldn't play for the Raiders. He targeted almost every top FA this year.

The roster isn't as bad as people think, the coaching is a huge issue.
Fair points, I guess he wasn't as bad as I thought.

There's always a worst somewhere, and the pats happen to have a few of them- The worst LB corps, the worst Receiving corps, and the worst O-line. You could even argue that in it's current state they have the worst or towards the bottom in their secondary. Revis looks awful against bad receivers these past 2 weeks. Logan Ryan is awful, Pat Chung is the worst safety in the league, Tavon and Duron don't even play. They are in real trouble across the board here. just the way it is.
You forgot worst QB.

Everyone but Fox apparently. I'd be totally fine with the show if they just kinda ignored Batmans rogue galley, got rid of Kid Bruce and Catwoman and made totally new people for Jim to deal with.

Jada Pinkette's character is one of the few bright spots in the show though.

Top Bottom