• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Godslay

Banned
I thought so too but i've reconsidered. McKenzie just dumped a truckload of salary, then signed a bunch of washed up vets to get to the Salary floor. His plan is much more long term than the current team on the field.

Then why not a long term commitment to the HC coach who has to trot out the garbage McKenzie signed? Next guy walks into the same problems.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
he laughed because garappolo is clearly better and everyone could see that clear as day!

Yep, just like everyone knew Kaep was the better starter after a few drives... right?

Brady has been spoiled by great o-lines his entire career. Welcome to a day in the life of Ryan Tannehill.

That's funny he got to the AFC championship being one of the most pressured QBs in the league last year.

McKenzie wll probably be around for another year or so...the new coach will be in a better situation next year instead of a fielding a blue light special roster...

I hope.

I got the shit talking out of my system...I'll stop doing that for now.

raiders should just re-hire hue jackson. he is the only man who has made them look somewhat decent in the past decade +

he traded a first round pick for Carson Palmer...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Belichik laughed off the question of evaluating the quarterback position.

BywFLPiIcAAF4UX.png

This look and no sounds = laughing it off

Yep, just like everyone knew Kaep was the better starter after a few drives... right?

That's funny he got to the AFC championship being one of the most pressured QBs in the league last year.
His line wasn't great last year but watch a 2013 Dolphins game if you really want to know what an abysmal o-line looks like. Brady has a quick release and his o-line has generally done a good job keeping him clean for the few seconds he needs minus a few years of mediocrity.

Syrinx

McKenzie wll probably be around for another year or so...the new coach will be in a better situation next year instead of a fielding a blue light special roster...

I hope.

I got the shit talking out of my system...I'll stop doing that for now.

I think maybe a 2008 Lions-like 0-16 campaign might be best for the Raiders, to really drive home to the people in power just how fucked up that organization is and that it needs a complete overhaul.

BTW, firing McKenzie after he hires his new head coach would be incredibly stupid. Just fire him at season's end.

I think maybe a 2008 Lions-like 0-16 campaign might be best for the Raiders, to really drive home to the people in power just how fucked up that organization is and that it needs a complete overhaul.

BTW, firing McKenzie after he hires his new head coach would be incredibly stupid. Just fire him at season's end.

I honestly think that is what's happening. I think DA was given a shot and if he even won 4 games but stayed competitive he would've kept his job

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
His line wasn't great last year but watch a 2013 Dolphins game if you really want to know what an abysmal o-line looks like. Brady has a quick release and his o-line has generally done a good job keeping him clean for the few seconds he needs minus a few years of mediocrity.

I know what a good or bad line looks like, that's why I'm posting what I am, no team would succeed with this line. If you think someone can compete when on a 4 man rush you're literally not blocking 1 guy, then you don't watch football.

Why do I know why the Raiders do the shit they do? All i'm saying is the current team is not indicative of McKenzie's competence as a GM.

Firing the coach is an easy move -- they're consistently not competitive. Firing the GM at this stage? I guess if I were their division rival I'd be in favor of it too!

njean777

Brady is shook in there.. it's pretty clear whats going on.. he has zero faith in his O-line.. .and he shouldn't they are terrible. Those last 2 INT's are on him.. but by that point he was pressing and that was just a bad idea... but early in the game he was given zero time.

The Patriots are a mess... no deep threat... Vereen isn't a great RB... Gronk isn't quite Gronk yet.. the O-Line is one of the worst in the league.. their D-Line isn't getting any pressure. Gonna be a long year.

Welcome to the club Pats fans, our O-line is gone also. Lets all reveal in the mediocre year we will probably have!

Tom Penny

I'll keep it simple. Pats are playing like ass on all levels. If someone can't step up and take the AFC east at this point then when are you?

McKenzie isn't going anywhere. He has had the best draft class of 2014 (his first full draft) so far and the narrative on him is far from accurate. He's done a good job with what he has had to work with. He deserves a 2nd head coach and I think he'll get one.

Top Bottom