• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So many bad teams this year which is good news for everyone I guess.

7-9 vs. 8-8 Super Bowl!

you guys say this every year... and every year there's several 12-4 teams 13-3 teams etc. Parity doesnt exist in the NFL. You either have a great QB or you're looking for one.

eznark

Banned
Don't be too sure. Jets gave Green Bay and Chicago some trouble and are playing at home coming off of two losses. They might be playing extra hard.

No they didn't. The Bears and Packers gave themselves trouble and an awful Jets team was the benefactor.

BigAT

Went to the game last. Fairly good game to watch as someone that takes enjoyment from the Jets' ineptitude. It took all my self control not to burst into laughter when Geno threw that screen pass right into Mundy's chest to start the game.

Guy in front of me was wearing this...thing:

BYff5GA.jpg

The half-and-half jersey has long disgusted me in all its forms, but I don't think I've ever seen one made for a player on the same team. Its made even worse by half of it being an awful away jersey that Payton never even wore when he played.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
did you smash any chicks?

When you're on a cocktail of Molly, alcohol and other drugs I'm not on my Megatron P.I.M.P. game. Met a really cool girl, got her number, got the vibe and I'll be taking her out in the next few days. At these types of parties unless you go with a GF/BF odds are no smashing goes on especially in a small setting with 70 people or so.

I'm resting my mind and body for the next couple of days and Thursday or Friday I'll take her out for coffee or a small bite.

Had a hell of a time though.

eznark

Banned
This is spot on:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

A year ago, Lacy faced crowded boxes and conquered those crowded boxes, one by one...

Yet three games into Year 2, Lacy has 113 yards on 36 attempts (3.1 avg.) with no touchdowns.

"Let's be honest," McCarthy said, "if you have a run and they're playing two-deep, you should be running the ball. I think that's elementary football there."

The offensive line isn't totally blameless, but this is on Lacy first. He had alleys, cutbacks, slivers of openings. And none was wider than a second and 1 with the Packers staging a comeback.

Green Bay drove to Detroit's 16-yard line — down by 12 points — with 7 minutes and 47 seconds of football eternity still to go. And on the left side of the line, Corey Linsley, Josh Sitton and David Bakhtiari parted a sea. Lacy hopped wide, lost four yards and, two plays later, the Packers offense was finished.

Five of Lacy's 11 carries went for zero or negative yardage.

In terms of the running woes, it's been pretty much all Lacy. Sitton is the only actual legitimately bad run blocker on the team.

Week 4 Picks
NY Giants at Washington
Green Bay at Chicago
Buffalo at Houston
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Carolina at Baltimore
Detroit at NY Jets
Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Miami at Oakland
Jacksonville at San Diego
Atlanta at Minnesota
Philadelphia at San Francisco
New Orleans at Dallas
New England at Kansas City

JABEE

http://www.mediaite.com/online/espns-bill-simmons-goes-off-on-roger-goodell-such-fcking-bullsht/

Bill Simmons insinuating he has some damning piece of evidence against Goodell to release if ESPN punishes him for calling Goodell a liar.

“Goodell, if he didn’t know what was on that tape, he’s a liar,” Simmons said Monday. “I’m just saying it. He is lying. I think that dude is lying. If you put him up on a lie detector test that guy would fail. For all these people to pretend they didn’t know is such fucking bullshit. It really is — it’s such fucking bullshit. And for him to go in that press conference and pretend otherwise, I was so insulted. I really was.”

Later, Simmons dared someone at ESPN to penalize him for speaking out against the NFL. “I really hope somebody calls me or emails me and says I’m in trouble for anything I say about Roger Goodell,” he said. “Because if one person says that to me, I’m going public. You leave me alone. The commissioner’s a liar and I get to talk about that on my podcast.”

“Please, call me and say I’m in trouble,” he added. “I dare you.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/espns-bill-simmons-goes-off-on-roger-goodell-such-fcking-bullsht/

Is Simmons just looking for attention? Why wouldn't he publish this information without needing provocation?

Zeke

Looking at saints stats trying see if Dallas has a decent matchup my only conclusion is we are getting smashed. I thought maybe on the ground since Murray has been racking up yards but NO looks like they might be able to contain him.

Trey

Is Simmons just looking for attention? Why wouldn't he publish this information without needing provocation?

Exactly. for as much as Simmons shits on Goodell, he'd fire that salvo preemptively if it was worth anything.

Dutch is the best OP maker since Bucket went Judas on us. That's not really saying much tho, considering.

Seriously everyone how did Marvin Harrison get off?

Should I look further into this?

Everyone was too scared to testify against him after he already had someone scrubbed.

Marvin Harrison is what Aaron Hernandez would be if he wasn't a dumbass

I don't want to root for a mechs favorite team cause he's a slut, but I want buffalo to lose. Gotta get that hight draft pick from them
I notice this a lot. I multi-quote a lot to save posts and because I go several hours at a time without posting sometimes, but on mobile I have to retry several times to get everything quoted. When quoting multiple pages, it "forgets" what I quoted and sometimes I go to reply and its blank.
I feel your pain. I pretty much exclusively post on mobile Gaf. Had to find and requote this lol. I'm on iPhone and with ios8 updated it dosent copy the url of pics and gifs so can't really effectively post those right now, and I keep getting signed out. Lol frustrating.

Bill Simmons insinuating he has some damning piece of evidence against Goodell to release if ESPN punishes him for calling Goodell a liar.

What a joke. If he had anything at all he would have gone public with it. Hell if there was hard evidence out there TMZ would have already bought it. As much as it sucks I think Goodell and co are going to get away with everything now.

Tamanon

Banned

He's not saying he has information, he's saying he'll go public with ESPN's complaints against him if they did try to muzzle him. That's all.

Tamanon

Banned
Surprising fact, and another damning statistic about our offensive woes.

Jags are tied for the league lead in sacks with 10.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This is spot on:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

In terms of the running woes, it's been pretty much all Lacy. Sitton is the only actual legitimately bad run blocker on the team.

I'm going to need some gifs to properly look at this situation.

Actually, I'll record the game rewind and see if I can tell anything.

I hope they fire this d-bag. Not for talking about Goodell, just for being a d-bag.

JABEE

Simmons is not going to get fired. He gives ESPN "credibility," because he is a creator and executive producer on 30-for-30. I believe he also started Grantland.

Dragon

Banned
Simmons is not going to get fired. He gives ESPN "credibility," because he is a creator and executive producer on 30-for-30. I believe he also started Grantland.

Simmons also brings a metric fuckton of traffic to ESPN. They'd be asinine to fire him.

89's going to get a lot of people talking in Charlotte because for being a bunch of bandwagon fucks they sure are sensitive.

No one in the locker room's going to give a fuck about Smitty Being Smitty.

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 6m
What we are hearing from Giants players indicates Quintin Demps has replaced Stevie Brown as a starting safety.
Stevie officially demoted.

Also, Odell Beckham will have his season debut the week after against the Falcons. He won't play this week.

Bowser

did he really say this? Whats Wong with that guy? Lol

Pretty sure it's fake, unless he deleted it. Don't see anything on his timeline and never heard about this tweet (which I'm sure if he had deleted it, it would have been all over Panthers news/boards/twitter etc).

Pro

Ok Packers, time to get this ship back on course.

2-2 time!

No kidding. They best figure out how to get their Offense clicking again. I'm confident they can do it. Just not confident in the Defense still with all these high-octane Offenses.

Lacy is the new Trent Truck

Say it ain't so! I'm honestly scratching my head at his performance so far. Awesome Rookie year with a Sophomore realization that the NFL is hard? O-Line? Concussions?

Top Bottom