• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Bread

Banned
image.php

Looks good to me!!
mqdefault.jpg

thanks!

Milchjon

Someone recommend me a book.

Fiction/non-fiction, not too obscure, not too long, no fantasy/sci-fi pls (sorry). Maybe some classics?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Honestly I still have to recommend Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

It's only sci-fi in that it takes place in outer space and that there are aliens. That's it. It's basically the funniest book ever written and it would be very disingenuous to actually label it "sci-fi". I think it would belong in the "Sociology" section before "Sci-Fi".

Milchjon

Abridged version of Count of Monte Cristo.

Most people have read it though I think.

I haven't. Might look into it.

Walker Connor: Ethnonationalism in the Contemporary World.

130 Bucks on Amazon :jnc

The Chocolate War, The Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye are some of my favorites.

Have read the last two. The first sounds intriguing.

Honestly I still have to recommend Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

It's only sci-fi in that it takes place in outer space and that there are aliens. That's it. It's basically the funniest book ever written and it would be very disingenuous to actually label it "sci-fi". I think it would belong in the "Sociology" section before "Sci-Fi".

Oooph. That's definitely something I need to do quickly. Embarrassing gap in my book list.

Also, is To Kill A Mockingbird still worth a read?

Colasante

Someone recommend me a book.

Fiction/non-fiction, not too obscure, not too long, no fantasy/sci-fi pls (sorry). Maybe some classics?

The Lost City of Z by David Grann.

While fellow draft mate Chandler Jones has gotten most of the attention so far this year, Dont’a Hightower has become a force for Patriots, and their most consistent defender.

Riding a nine-game streak of +1.0 or better overall grades (including a pair of outstanding performances in the playoffs last season), Hightower has played well even when the rest of the defense hasn’t. And as the only defender in the league currently carrying a green grade in run defense, pass rush, and pass coverage, Hightower has excelled in whatever role or position the Patriots have asked him to fill.

This was supposed to be Jamie Collins' breakout year, but Hightower's actually been the best Patriots player outside of Julian Edelman so far.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Calvin Johnson is playing. Much needed today.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Until Detroit can prove they can win consistently on the road, I don't see how anyone could pick them in a road game unless they are playing a team like Jacksonville.

Top Bottom