• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Schefter was saying Suh wants to play in NY, doesn't matter which team he want to play in NY for his Brand..

I love Suh but this pisses me off. If he wants to play in New York it's not a coincidence this leaked right before our game against a New York team.

I'm worried about this season and the Jets not the offseason.

Tenumi

Banned
Suh can go ahead and go. Might make it a little more worthwhile to resign Fairly. Yes, he's a great player, but not for that money.

Colasante

What makes you say this, friend?

I haven't been overly impressed with the Ravens and now they've lost Dennis Pitta. They're starting a rookie UDFA at left tackle in place of Eugene Monroe. Their running game is bad and Torrey Smith is invisible. Lardarius Webb will probably be going up against Kelvin Benjamin and he's giving up six inches and hasn't been playing that well so far anyway.

RBH

image.php

I haven't been overly impressed with the Ravens and now they've lost Dennis Pitta. They're starting a rookie UDFA at left tackle in place of Eugene Monroe. Their running game is bad and Torrey Smith is invisible. Lardarius Webb will probably be going up against Kelvin Benjamin and he's giving up six inches and hasn't been playing that well so far anyway.

Torrey Smith is invisible but the other Smith is gonna go ham. I think that game is gonna be a struggle and then just break out in the 2nd quarter.

Max Henson ‏@PanthersMax 6m
Lots of smiles and hugs as Steve Smith catches up with former teammates during warmups. Just posed for photo w/ Luke, TD and Stewart.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 35m
Steve Smith comes onto the field to meet former #Panthers teammates. Gives Charles Godfrey a hug.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 34m
Steve Smith is now talking to #Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams, who is not wearing his "blood and guts'' goggles.

Worth noting that 89's beef has always been specifically with Dave Gettleman. He doesn't hold any grudges against players. The "blood and guts" charade is yet another Smitty dramatization.

RBH

Sky Sports, which has broadcast live NFL games in the UK since 1995, has extended its deal with the NFL by five years, adding the rights to air Monday Night Football. With the addition of Monday Night Football (played in the early hours of Tuesday morning for a UK audience), the broadcaster will give British NFL fans the chance to watch as many as 80 live games a year.

Sky Sports' coverage will also include all games from the NFL's International Series as teams travel to the UK for regular season match ups, which has seen sell out contests at Wembley since 2007.

Alistair Kirkwood, the Managing Director of NFL UK, said: "Sky Sports has been a fantastic partner for 20 years and we are delighted to have agreed a deal that will extend that partnership to a quarter of a century. Sky's coverage of the NFL and their support for the sport in this country has been an important element of our growth and we look forward to seeing their coverage expand and develop over the next five years."

The Dolphins-Raiders matchup at Wembley is the first of three games to be played in the UK in 2014. In Week 8, the Falcons and Lions will clash in a game that will be broadcast at 9:30 am ET, debuting a new game time that will showcase this international matchup. In Week 10, the Jaguars will host the Cowboys. In 2013, the Jaguars began a commitment to four years of games that will be played in London.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000400539/article/sky-sports-extends-deal-with-nfl-five-years

Bowser

Max Henson ‏@PanthersMax 6m
Lots of smiles and hugs as Steve Smith catches up with former teammates during warmups. Just posed for photo w/ Luke, TD and Stewart.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 35m
Steve Smith comes onto the field to meet former #Panthers teammates. Gives Charles Godfrey a hug.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 34m
Steve Smith is now talking to #Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams, who is not wearing his "blood and guts'' goggles.

Worth noting that 89's beef has always been specifically with Dave Gettleman. He doesn't hold any grudges against players. The "blood and guts" charade is yet another Smitty dramatization.

I don't think he and Cam get along tho. There's always been rumors that he rubbed Cam the wrong way, and pre-game they just shook hands, no hugs or smiles or laughter etc.

BigAT

Charlie Weis got fired from Kansas. Another BB disciple officially and unequivocally washes out. You can't even make Kansas football's expectations? This coaching shit is not for you bro.

Ol Charles is gonna have to make money dressing up as Santa and letting obnoxious kids sit on his lap.

The guy is going to get an additional $7 million to NOT coach at Kansas. This is after he got an extra $19M from Notre Dame after getting canned. Teams are dumb.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh can go ahead and go. Might make it a little more worthwhile to resign Fairly. Yes, he's a great player, but not for that money.

I still think we should trade Megatron, as much as that hurts to say, and that will free up a ton of cap space.

Megatrons body is not built for the long term and we should plan accordingly.

Not a popular plan, and one I would rather not make, but he'll be hitting 30 and his height and weight will eventually (and has) lead to knee and ankle problems.

Our defense is great because of Suh. I've been harping about it for years but he instantly transforms a mediocre/crappy defense into a great one. Very few defensive players in NFL history have been able to do that.

I'm hungover and the more I think about this leak about Suh wanting to play for a New York team, right before we play a New York team, the more pissed I get.

We're set at the most important position in the NFL, franchise QB, and I'll always take solace in that.

Five letters Lions fans: R-e-l-a-x.

I see you PD.

I still think we should trade Megatron, as much as that hurts to say, and that will free up a ton of cap space.

Megatrons body is not built for the long term and we should plan accordingly.

Not a popular plan, and one I would rather not make, but he'll be hitting 30 and his height and weight will eventually (and has) lead to knee and ankle problems.

Our defense is great because of Suh. I've been harping about it for years but he instantly transforms a mediocre/crappy defense into a great one. Very few defensive players in NFL history have been able to do that.

I'm hungover and the more I think about this leak about Suh wanting to play for a New York team, right before we play a New York team, the more pissed I get.

We're set at the most important position in the NFL, franchise QB, and I'll always take solace in that.

Five letters Lions fans: R-e-l-a-x.

I see you PD.

sPkzJuZ.gif

KaYotiX

Banned
Another Sunday at work and can't watch football... Ugh.

Then again do I really want to see Fraudgers and company score 3 points?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't like having to say that, Rell.

I'm probably the only Lions fan who has brought up a Megatron trade. I don't even like bringing it up but I'm thinking long term and I don't see how his knees and ankles hold up with his body height and weight.

Suh is more valuable to our team long term, IMO. But it looks like he wants to leave.

Either way we have a long offseason to think about that. Today let's kick the Jests ass and go 3-1.

WedgeX

Banned

iMQBtjzHo4JcJ.png

Suh's wanted out since early on in Detroit. He might have only been asked "where would you benefit most from playing." But I care not. He's destined to leave and now the Lions get nothing for him.

Bowser

I'm probably the only Lions fan who has brought up a Megatron trade. I don't even like bringing it up but I'm thinking long term and I don't see how his knees and ankles hold up with his body height and weight.

Suh is more valuable to our team long term, IMO. But it looks like he wants to leave.

Either way let's kick the Jests ass and go 3-1.

lol, I hope Detroit trades Megatron. Then you'll really see how much of a fucking fraud Fatford is

Tenumi

Banned
I don't have much love for mercenary players. It's a team sport, after all, and chasing the most money is just selfish. Cripple the team's salary cap, or play for a contender? What sounds better?

I, for one, would pick playing for a contender every day of the week.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lol, I hope Detroit trades Megatron. Then you'll really see how much of a fucking fraud Fatford is

Megatron has been putting up record numbers since Stafford took the helm in 2011. Both are great and need each other.

We can get other wide reciever via free agency and the draft.

This whole discussion would be different if we have a Sammy Watkins or Kelvin Benjamin.

I don't have much love for mercenary players. It's a team sport, after all, and chasing the most money is just selfish. Cripple the team's salary cap, or play for a contender? What sounds better?

I, for one, would pick playing for a contender every day of the week.

Great point. No reason for us not to make a playoff run outside injuries. If Suh wants to leave a contender, which I believe we are, for the Giants or Jets he'll look bad in the end.

Bowser

Megatron has been putting up record numbers since Stafford took the helm in 2011. Both are great and need each other.

We can get other wide reciever via free agency and the draft.

This whole discussion would be different if we have a Sammy Watkins or Kelvin Benjamin.

Great point. No reason for us not to make a playoff run outside injuries. If Suh wants to leave a contender, which I believe we are, for the Giants or Jets he'll look bad in the end.

Megatron stats without Stafford:

9kTWtf9.png

Yeah, safe to say he doesn't need Stafford to "make him great"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Either way we have a long offseason to think about that. Today let's kick the Jests ass and go 3-1.

I still wouldn't trade him, but you do have a point, Kas, about his injuries/knees/ankles. Still worth it to me, though.

As for Suh, why not trade and get something for him in the next few weeks?

Top Bottom