• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

BigAT

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So apparently Jerry Jones "teared up" after the opening day loss to the Houston Texans in the Texans inaugural game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think I've told you guys this but if the Lions didn't exist I would be a Raiders fan. I thought McKenzie would turn the franchise around but those Matt Flynn and Matt Schaub contracts explain his tenure in the Biggity O so far.

A good Raiders team is good for the NFL.

I wonder what Chan thinks of the current state of affairs. He is probably on MDMA in deep meditation in a Cambodian jungle.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No, Brady had an awful game but I don't think he's done. He'll bounce back, I'm sure of it.

the wheels could come off quick with another blowout, so i dont know that i share that sentiment. i dont think Jimmy is the answer yet though.

Peyton is 1-2 in SBs. Your point is not a good one my friend.

My point is fine. Chokers lose the big one. Brady has lost in the playoffs for the past 8 years or whatever. I only said that if Peyton had lost all those playoff appearances, we'd call him a choker. Throw the Peyton thing out, and focus on this one point: Tom Brady's last eight playoff appearances.....no Superbowls. Winners win the big one.

Godslay

Banned
I think I've told you guys this but if the Lions didn't exist I would be a Raiders fan. I thought McKenzie would turn the franchise around but those Matt Flynn and Matt Schaub contracts explain his tenure in the Biggity O so far.

A good Raiders team is good for the NFL.

I wonder what Chan thinks of the current state of affairs. He is probably on MDMA in deep meditation in a Cambodian jungle.

I want a good Raiders team. If only to give some meaning to when we beat them.

Being on MDMA and deeply meditating seem like they would be counterproductive to one another. Clean mind is a clear mind...

Have you forgot about....

2013 Denver 26, New England 16

2012 Baltimore 28, New England 13

2011 NY Giants 21, New England 17

2010 NY Jets 28, New England 21

2009 Baltimore 33, New England 14

2007 NY Giants 17, New England 14

2006 Indianapolis 38, New England 34

2005 Denver 27, New England 13

What do we call all this playoff losing? NOT choking? We'd sure call it choking if it was Peyton.

Anyone have the lines on these games? I'd venture to say you all were the favorites in most of them. And lost. Choked, some would say.

Funny double standard. Good on you for pointing it out.

Peyton is 1-2 in SBs. Your point is not a good one my friend.

John Elway is 2-3 in Superbowls. Do people remember the losses as well as they do the wins? I'd argue that since it was at the end of his career people remember the wins at the end more so then the losses at the beginning. The reverse is happening to Brady, people are remembering his recent string of failures rather than his early successes. Problem of recent history, that's why people like to go out on top. Peyton isn't immune to this, and has to wash those Superbowl losses away or it maybe the last memory of him on the big stage.

My point is fine. Chokers lose the big one. Brady has lost in the playoffs for the past 8 years or whatever. I only said that if Peyton had lost all those playoff appearances, we'd call him a choker. Throw the Peyton thing out, and focus on this one point: Tom Brady's last eight playoff appearances.....no Superbowls. Winners win the big one.
Why only look at the last 8 years and not his whole career?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why only look at the last 8 years and not his whole career?

because it fits his point? this argument is so ridiculously irrelevant, I'll say it again, but unless peyton wins another, people will always put tom ahead. the media already does, and legacies aren't made in their closing years, although it makes for a good story. Godslay, plenty remember elways failures, his story was great, because he finally got over that hump. if you look at the last 8 years of peyton his path is shockingly similar. 2 bowl losses, td records, unbelievable runs, but ultimately coming up short. Oh and both lost a year to injury.

What do we have to do to get you too ashamed to post inside the fort?

:(

And even if I could choose the 89 avatar, I'd still go with this one. After all the campaigning and whining I've done against the Harbatars, I couldn't seriously wear one myself.

The fact that it was a dude who just eviscerated our defense made it even worse.

because it fits his point? this argument is so ridiculously irrelevant, I'll say it again, but unless peyton wins another, people will always put tom ahead. the media already does, and legacies aren't made in their closing years, although it makes for a good story. Godslay, plenty remember elways failures, his story was great, because he finally got over that hump. if you look at the last 8 years of peyton his path is shockingly similar. 2 bowl losses, td records, unbelievable runs, but ultimately coming up short. Oh and both lost a year to injury.

Manning>Brady, Superbowls are won as a team and without one of the best field goal kickers ever how many Supebowls does Tom have? It's so stupid when people use wins and loses/titles to validate if a QB is good or not. Is Dan Marino a bad qb then? Is Trent Dilfer better? That makes no sense, if you take all QBs and put them side by side and look at them as QBs only and how they play the game there is no one better then Manning, I can't stand people that make an argument over who is better and use wins/titles or something as stupid as pro bowl appearances to make the case for that player.

Outside of New England, it's Manning>Brady. Sorry.

If yall still haven't realized that sports, just like any other job, is all about "what have you done for me lately", I don't think you'll ever realize

You only get so long a grace period before you actually have to answer that question, and if the answer isn't great, welp

If yall still haven't realized that sports, just like any other job, is all about "what have you done for me lately", I don't think you'll ever realize

You only get so long a grace period before you actually have to answer that question, and if the answer isn't great, welp
So who is the best "what have you done for me lately" QB?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Manning>Brady, Superbowls are won as a team and without one of the best field goal kickers ever how many Supebowls does Tom have? It's so stupid when people use wins and loses/titles to validate if a QB is good or not. Is Dan Marino a bad qb then? Is Trent Dilfer better? That makes no sense, if you take all QBs and put them side by side and look at them as QBs only and how they play the game there is no one better then Manning, I can't stand people that make an argument over who is better and use wins/titles or something as stupid as pro bowl appearances to make the case for that player.

you have a right to your opinion. Im talking in terms of legacy and how people will perceive it. Thats all we can go on, we can watch and make our cases but at the end of the day the majority will pick brady they already do and its really not close. again if peyton wins one more itll be different, but the media and experts in most cases pick tom. seriously I've already tried to make this clear Im not arguing that right now that's not my intention Im just pointing out, on message board, in nfl gaf, haters will say 0-2 asterisk, but all the football mind still pick tom and canton will pick tom just like peyton, people will debate, but if alls the same in the end tom will be favored.

MechDX

So who is the best "what have you done for me lately" QB?

manningface.jpg

I used pepper jack and mozzarella, threw some chicken and pepperoni in there. Delicious.

That is NOT a quesadilla.

Top Bottom