• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Zeke

Not gonna lie that food looks amazing. Damn Brady on the decline he should go to the raiders would be great to see the fan reactions.

Mokoi

Banned
MY 7970 is doing really well with it. 90% of the stuff is on Ultra.

Haha that picture wasn't very convincing, but I'm still going to stick with my 760. Was just imitating the peps who were freaking out about their cards not being good enough.
---
My picks this week, and the rest I'm indifferent about.
HOU @ DAL

It won't happen. We've reached the point where we impose our will and win against lesser teams.

The Lolions days are over and the view from the top of the NFC North is something special that we will motivate us every week until the playoffs.

You see my avatar? That is the face of a man who will not accept failure.

Looks like a fat face to me, and probably a fat face that will be one and done in the playoff despite having a home game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I like Kas, but he crossed a line talking about Tucker.

In hindsight that 61 yard field goal was a blessing. It was painful and I knew I was going to have a long offseason defending Stafford and explaining how the Roar would be Restored.

But that kick also led to the firing of Schwartz and the hiring of the Caldwell staff. What a difference a solid coaching staff makes plus finally getting Stafford a #2 WR after 2 years and some solid draft picks.

Joe Fauria getting hurt could be a blessing. Eric Ebron will get starter minutes and he has gained confidence after his solid game last week. Stafford will target him a lot this weekend especially if Megatron doesn't play.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Where's the Bills bandwagon?

T6dE1Lz.gif

I want on.

zychi

Banned
Haha that picture wasn't very convincing, but I'm still going to stick with my 760. Was just imitating the peps who were freaking out about their cards not being good enough.
---
My picks this week, and the rest I'm indifferent about.
HOU @ DAL

it looks a million times better in motion, but i figure if i can get it to look better than a ps4 or xbone game, i'm happy.

Didn't see any Falcons fans post this but here's some of the lineup changes for the team this week after the heavy injuries to their offensive line:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/...-Tuesday/9f604b60-ad82-4e2c-95fd-d94ee4da2319

Gabe Carimi has been named the starting right tackle
Peter Konz has been named the starting center
Harland Gunn will back up both right guard and center
Newly-signed tackle Cameron Bradfield will back up Carimi
Kemal Ishmael will start at safety in place of William Moore
Sean Baker will back up Ishmael

C Joe Hawley and T Lamar Holmes were placed on season ending IR. William Moore placed on Designated to Return IR.

Who is your team again?

The biggest chokers of all time right?

I don't know.....5 Superbowls for the Cowboys, 3 for Patriots, all with asterisks . Lots of playoff appearances since the last Superbowl "victory" for the Patriots.....explain how choking works, because, it's not clear based on your comment.

....and cue the not witty "choke on a dick" joke

Bread

Banned
Brady will keep playing and he will never play that badly again. Jimmy's time is coming though, praise be to him.

I don't know.....5 Superbowls for the Cowboys, 3 for Patriots, all with asterisks . Lots of playoff appearances since the last Superbowl "victory" for the Patriots.....explain how choking works, because, it's not clear based on your comment.

....and cue the not witty "choke on a dick" joke
Have you forgot about Romo

Have you forgot about Romo

Have you forgot about....

2013 Denver 26, New England 16

2012 Baltimore 28, New England 13

2011 NY Giants 21, New England 17

2010 NY Jets 28, New England 21

2009 Baltimore 33, New England 14

2007 NY Giants 17, New England 14

2006 Indianapolis 38, New England 34

2005 Denver 27, New England 13

What do we call all this playoff losing? NOT choking? We'd sure call it choking if it was Peyton.

Anyone have the lines on these games? I'd venture to say you all were the favorites in most of them. And lost. Choked, some would say.

jbug617

Banned
FCC might ban the Redskins name
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037057

The Federal Communications Commission is considering whether to punish broadcasters for using the moniker of the Washington NFL team, the Redskins, a word many consider a slur to Native Americans, the agency's chairman indicated on Tuesday.

The FCC, which enforces broadcast indecency violations, has received a petition from legal activist John Banzhaf III, asking that regulators strip local radio station WWXX-FM of its broadcasting license when it comes up for renewal for using the name "Redskins."

Banzhaf says the word is racist, derogatory, profane and hateful, making its use "akin to broadcasting obscenity."

"We'll be looking at that petition, we will be dealing with that issue on the merits and we'll be responding accordingly," FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler told reporters.

"There are a lot of names and descriptions that were used over time that are inappropriate today. And I think the name that is attributed to the Washington football club is one of those," Wheeler added.

The FCC could formally deem use of the team name to be indecent, and thus impose a de facto ban on it on over-the-air television and radio.

What do we call all this playoff losing? NOT choking?
It's better to have loved and lost than to have never lived at all.

Fox318

Jets 4th round pick passed though waivers. Dude was practically a red round pick and nobody picks him up. Good job Idzik

Dragon

Banned

What do we call all this playoff losing? NOT choking? We'd sure call it choking if it was Peyton.

Peyton: 11-12
Brady: 18-8

If you're going to just compare wins and losses between QBs...if you want to look up playoff stats, Brady compares well there as well with Peyton. Not sure what your point is, but Peyton has under an .500 record in the playoffs.

Peyton: 11-12
Brady: 18-8

If you're going to just compare wins and losses between QBs...if you want to look up playoff stats, Brady compares well there as well with Peyton. Not sure what your point is, but Peyton has under an .500 record in the playoffs.

I'm merely pointing out to Gata, that you could just as easily call Brady a choker for all those unsuccessful playoff runs.

Maybe it's just me (I know it's not), but not winning the Superbowl is not winning the Superbowl.

Dragon

Banned
I'm merely pointing out to Gata, that you could just as easily call Brady a choker for all those unsuccessful playoff runs.

Maybe it's just me (I know it's not), but not winning the Superbowl is not winning the Superbowl.

Peyton is 1-2 in SBs. Your point is not a good one my friend.

Top Bottom