• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Is Kas ok?

I really think this game proved that Stafford is not going to be an elite QB. He panicks under pressure, constantly misses open reads, doesn't check down fast enough, stares down receivers, etc. You can do that against shitty to average teams, but good teams? His record against good teams speaks for itself (even in 2011).

That amazing Golden Tate play was 100% YAC awesomeness, I'm not going to give Stafford much credit for that. He was missing slants and screens all day. Balls were sailing, too high, etc. Even that one pass Megatron caught was low, and resulted in him getting hit in the legs.

Trade Suh for Brady, cut Stafford. It's the only way brehs.

brentech

Even that one pass Megatron caught was low, and resulted in him getting hit in the legs.
Yerp. The coverage was a little off, so he definitely could have placed that ball more on Johnson giving him at least a little more time to adjust after the catch and possibly not get smashed in the legs. My guess is he would have caught it and dove getting his legs up.

He had absolutely no chance to do anything the way it got there.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I mean....is it supposed to be believable? Fincher turned it into a heavy handed attack on the media's ability to shape reality. Supposedly the book doesn't really rely on that so much.

The book was good I enjoyed it very much up until the last chapter. Just really didn't like the ending after reading the second half of the book as a reader
you really want the wife to get whats coming to her and we aren't given that payoff. After thinking the ending of the book for a few days I did come to the conclusion that the ending works pretty well and says a lot about how a lot of people can feel stuck in marriages obviously not to that extreme.

I agree the movie was way too long. But I was really surprised how close to the book the movie was. The book did also lean heavily on the perception and influence of the media so I don't think that is Fincher's L.

Sorry, didn't mean to go all book club on the thread. I just saw it last night so I haven't gotten to share my opinions on it with anyone yet.

Bengals bungling. What a time to get back on the bandwagon. I'll stay on the wagon this time though. I've come to realize I really miss football after taking off from watching it for 5 years.

Top Bottom