• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Bowser

3kixVtM.jpg

My man! Thanks.

Fox318

How about dumb owners stop hiring dumb GMs and giving those garbage vets deals? Nah lets just have another amnesty.

Only reason why fans would talk about a paycut is that there is no team that could pay lebron what he is worth.

He is a 100 million a year player for what he is worth to the league.

Hunter S.

Everyone moves up. Now we get to see if Montee is as bad as some people around here say, or if the line just isn't blocking well. I think it's less on Montee and more on the line, but he's looked lackluster for the most part.

Second half was interesting, simply because the pass game was rolling and the defense opened up for the run to work. Campbell going out helped out quite a bit as well. Plus once Hillman and Thompson got going the defense was largely out of steam.

I would be fine with passing more to allow the run game room to develop. Can't really hide our spots as a passing team I guess.

That is why I think Montee should share the ball with Hillman and Thompson more. It worked other years not having a real primary running back. Rather having two or three guys touch the ball all quite a bit. I think this will happen if he is injured for some time. More equal sharing. I hope it works because when Ball comes back it might work even better.

The line first and foremost protects Manning really well. It might cause them to slip on their overall run blocking. So you might be right. What matters the most is they protect Manning well. I guess no group can do everything perfect.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I still don't know how Lewis has a job

Yep, this is one of the big reasons I ended up giving up on the Bengals 5 years ago after being a loyal fan for 30 years, season ticket holder 4 of those years.

Other than being a loyal puppet for Brown there is ZERO reason he should still be coaching this team. He has no control over his players and he doesn't seem to have any fire at all. It baffles my mind that Lewis only behind Belichick for most tenured NFL coach with 12 seasons. He has ZERO playoff wins. Only 5 season with an over .500 and a career .522 winning percentage.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Godslay

Banned
That is why I think Montee should share the ball with Hillman and Thompson more. It worked other years not having a real primary running back. Rather having two or three guys touch the ball all quite a bit. I think this will happen if he is injured for some time. More equal sharing. I hope it works because when Ball comes back it might work even better.

The line first and foremost protects Manning really well. It might cause them to slip on their overall run blocking. So you might be right. What matters the most is they protect Manning well. I guess no group can do everything perfect.

Who knows, we might get lucky and someone might emerge as the head back out of these three. I would be so happy if Anderson/Thompson took over. If Hillman did it, I would be happy too, but it would take me longer to warm up to him.

Just remember folks: The next time you have to endure the Bungals shitting the bed in yet another high-profile matchup, they exist because of Art Modell.

Which is yet another reason why he should never be allowed in the Hall of Fame.

Top Bottom