• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

jbug617

Banned
h2ojElY.gif

also this

BzPkvUQIEAAPEyA.jpg

This new TV deal for the NBA is worth 2.6 billion a year for all of the live games that Disney (ESPN/ABC) and Turner (TNT/NBATV) show, including the NBA Finals.

ESPN pays the NFL 2 billion a year JUST for the 16 Monday Night Football games.

Goodell's America

j-wood

So I said yesterday I was abandoning the Titans. It was heat of the moment, tons of frustration. Gotta stick with my team I guess.

But fuck man, it's really difficult after yesterday's game. The fact that I called how the game would end at half time shows how predictable this team has been for the past 7 years. We're up 28 to 3 and I turned to my roommate and said:

"Browns just took the momentum. We come out flat and lose this game in the last 2 minutes."

Guess what? That's exactly what happened.

bionic77

Speaking of the Lions amazing choke yesterday, what are the stats on losing when your team successfully returns an INT for a TD?

I am pretty sure that that is actually something that is hard to do.

Geno has always come off as an entitled brat to me.

The shit at the draft when he got all pissy about not going in the first round should have been a huge red flag for teams. I really feel for Rex, the GM has done everything to sink Rex, no CBs at all, a terrible QB, no weapons. That is such a terrible situation, I wonder who will take the job next year if the GM is still there.

eznark

Banned
The shit at the draft when he got all pissy about not going in the first round should have been a huge red flag for teams. I really feel for Rex, the GM has done everything to sink Rex, no CBs at all, a terrible QB, no weapons. That is such a terrible situation, I wonder who will take the job next year if the GM is still there.

tumblr_mblh9oz3oO1rge74zo1_500.jpg

bionic77

I would love to have that fat bastard come to Pittsburgh as our defensive coordinator for a year or two until he found a good situation for a 2nd shot.

Rex don't just take the first shit job thrown at you! Wait a while and make the Steelers defense good again! You can even fuck with your old team the Ravens and make Flacco bad!

Speaking of the Lions amazing choke yesterday, what are the stats on losing when your team successfully returns an INT for a TD?

I am pretty sure that that is actually something that is hard to do.

We beat Washington last year when they did that so it's probably not as horrible as on would think.
In other news people are crying for Little Mac nerfs lol dude's aerial game is complete ass expose it.

Yeah, you're right, nothing to see here.

I'm actually legit worried about the Gnats next week.

Eli is going to skull fuck our defense. It is going to get ugly, Foles lobbing up balls into double coverage and Shady running backwards every play. I am expecting a blowout. The Eagles have been terrible 4 out of 5 games so far this year, something is seriously wrong. Even more then the OL being banged up, Foles had tons of time yesterday and still kept missing open guys and then forcing passes into tight coverage. What happened to all the crazy formations from last year by the way? This team just had an energy about them that is totally missing this year.

I can honestly say I have never heard him speak anything but sports cliches.

GETTING PUMPED FOR SUNDAY FRIEND?!?
Don't see much of a way the Dolphins can pull off a W, I just hope they keep it close and Tannehill looks good. I always love watching Rodgers but this week it will hurt!

Zeke

Dez said his catch yesterday is most clutch catch of his career. I can't argue that it was a circus catch. Also Witten became the third te is break 10,000 yards yesterday Gonzo and Sharpe are the other two. He can pass Sharpe this season too. Sharpe has 10,060 and Witten is at 10,002. Gonzo still a freak at 15,127. I'm going to be so depressed when he retires. The only cowboy jersey I own is a throwback Witten.

This dumb country finally has legal gay marriage in most of the country, I'm so happy

I don't think even the blowout that's going to happen tonight could bring me down. I love everybody right now.

Fox318

At least geno is a second round pick.

Jets can cut him with no regrets.

@AdamSchefter - "Jaguars have apologized for their mascot using the Ebola epidemic to mock the Pittsburgh Steelers' Terrible Towels during Sunday's game."

Lol, what?

eznark

Banned
This dumb country finally has legal gay marriage in most of the country, I'm so happy

I don't think even the blowout that's going to happen tonight could bring me down. I love everybody right now.

Congrats, now everyone can be as ..... happy.... as bionic.

According to AFA, Matt Stafford was the third worst quarterback in football this week, better than only Geno Smith and Kyle Orton.

MOTHAFUCKINGELITEFATTWATS!!!!!!!!!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Congrats, now everyone can be as ..... happy.... as bionic.

According to AFA, Matt Stafford was the third worst quarterback in football this week, better than only Geno Smith and Kyle Orton.

MOTHAFUCKINGELITEFATTWATS!!!!!!!!!

he was worse than Fitzmagic? This perplexes me.

I think it should be clear now that Stafford is essentially a game manager QB with a cannon arm. He can't run a no huddle offense, locks on WRs, and if you take that first read away he's fucked.

xnipx

hahahaha

Geno Smith skipped team meetings on Saturday. What a piece of shit.

60 yards passing in a blowout loss is possibly the worst performance from the position in decades.

Rex is going to get fired over this and end up winning a Super Bowl in Baltimore .

Fixed. Dean Pees it was good knowing you.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So glad that Cleveland sports radio can still find the time to pointlessly argue about Manziel for about an hour.

now imagine, Manziel played college football in Ohio and was from some city in Ohio, welcome to houston texans fans world with VY.

What happened yesterday? All I remember is beating the Football Titans of Tennessee, posting dance gifs with Kave. ..... And then I woke up with chicken wing bones everywhere..

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
NFL AM this morning spent a 10 minute segments discussing how Hoyer had silenced all Manziel discussion.

Radio in Toronto here spent more time arguing if Manziel will start a game this season. They spent about a minute on this versus a few seconds saying the browns beat the titans.

bionic77

I thought Hoyer was good last year.

Not great (who knows with time though) but definitely good.

The Browns may finally have their qb!

If they humiliate the Steelers next week I want to see how they handle dat success. Lions fans couldn't handle 3-1. Carolina fans also couldn't handle success. Packer fans all turned into horrible cunts the year after they won the Superbowl and won like 14 games.

I have faith that the Browns fans will stay humble but I have no proof one way or the other.

eznark

Banned

If they humiliate the Steelers next week I want to see how they handle dat success. Lions fans couldn't handle 3-1. Carolina fans also couldn't handle success. Packer fans all turned into horrible cunts the year after they won the Superbowl and won like 14 games.

I have faith that the Browns fans will stay humble but I have no proof one way or the other.

The only one that changed was Bucket, who went from loveable and affable to Godless hipster.

And TheLegendary, he died in the Great Console Wars of 2012 though. RIP soldier

Considering trading in my Vita. Gamestop is offering $110 for it plus an extra $50 above that for Rewards members.

I've barely touched the thing in months I must admit. Though its an OLED screen version and I almost don't want to because of that...

Decisions, decisions....

Zeke

Whoa yesterday was Romo's first 300yd game this season. Truly a testament of the run game being amazing so far this season.

eznark

Banned
Considering trading in my Vita. Gamestop is offering $110 for it plus an extra $50 above that for Rewards members.

I've barely touched the thing in months I must admit. Though its an OLED screen version and I almost don't want to because of that...

Decisions, decisions....

I only use mine for remote play, and as far as I can tell it's totally dead in terms of actual Vitsa game support. If you don't use remote play I don't see why you'd hold onto it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Here at least I think we'd need at least 2 seasons of dat success before you might see some cocky fans.

Every game this season we've expected to lose. BG is all puked out by the end of the games. My hair is grey and Batman dies a few times.

Tamanon

Banned

Decisions, decisions....

$110 cash? I might do that too, since I never do portable games any more.

Top Bottom