• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Well right now the Packers are 32nd in opponent rushing yards per game so Miller better get about 25 carries at least. If the running game sputters out and Lazor abandons it the game is over. Getting Pouncey back should help there, and hopefully Smith will be back as well.

Its so obvious yet I dont have faith the coaches will stick to the run game, so is pouncey starting for sure? I think jones is back too right?

The DS had more good games. It had an epic 3rd party library and a lot of the games were really innovative and different.

You can argue that the 3DS' best is better than the best of the DS, but in terms of overall library it is no contest. The DS had a library that is only surpassed by the PS2 in terms of how many good games it had.

And if you are going by hardware then the best portable is probably your phone from this year. The Vita has been surpassed in terms of power and definitely screen resolution and quality. Obviously phone games suck dick because of no controller but the hardware advantage is undeniable.

In the end the hardware doesn't mean shit if you don't have any games to play on the console.

Hardware includes controls so even with phones being more powerful the vita is still the best handheld in terms of overall hardware

eznark

Banned
Its so obvious yet I dont have faith the coaches will stick to the run game, so is pouncey starting for sure? I think jones is back too right?

Running against the Packers is awesome until you are down two scores in the 4th quarter and shitting yourself.

Or in the Jets case up 3 scores and shitting yourself!

Spinluck

Yep. The only advantage DS has left is the awesome Castlevania games. I guess the JRPG's were probably a little better as well. 3DS has much better Nintendo games which is what really matters, though.

Pretty sure yh was just talking about the hardware itself, though. He's right, Vita is the best in that regard.

There are still amazing games I have yet to play on 3DS. Like, Kid Icarus Uprising keeps eluding me. Overall it has an impressive library, and more games are on the way!

Vita is definitely a nice piece of tech though, kind of crazy that it had comparable battery life to the OG 3DS. I wish it had more software to call its own. There are times where I think about what Nintendo could do with a piece of hardware like the Vita--would be amazing. I'm playing Smash on 3DS and I'm mostly loving it, but there are a few issues with it that make me realize how dated the 3DS is tech wise. It also doesn't fit in the hand as well either.

The DS had more good games. It had an epic 3rd party library and a lot of the games were really innovative and different.

You can argue that the 3DS' best is better than the best of the DS, but in terms of overall library it is no contest. The DS had a library that is only surpassed by the PS2 in terms of how many good games it had.

And if you are going by hardware then the best portable is probably your phone from this year. The Vita has been surpassed in terms of power and definitely screen resolution and quality. Obviously phone games suck dick because of no controller but the hardware advantage is undeniable.

In the end the hardware doesn't mean shit if you don't have any games to play on the console.
DS has more great games but 3DS has far more outstanding, masterpiece tier games. Overall I have to give the advantage to 3DS for that reason. To be honest I think the vastness of the DS library is a little overrated anyway, at least for my tastes. I own close to the same number of games for both systems.

Vita is way better for playing games than a phone because of the buttons and overall design. It's the best gaming handheld hardware ever from a pure hardware standpoint and it isn't even close. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot ultimately but it makes the lack of support that much more disappointing.

eznark

Banned
I just heard a jets fan say that idzik should trade a 2nd for Sanchez.

All is lost

manziel133445-525x415.jpg

Running against the Packers is awesome until you are down two scores in the 4th quarter and shitting yourself.

I feel werid saying this but if we are down a TD or less I have faith in tannehill running a succesful two minute offense, hes pretty good at those

So I just looked at the 91-92 Divisional playoffs we had against the Cowboys and it's funny watching this game now as oppose to when i was 8 at that time. I knew Steve Beuerlein was the starter and Aikman was on the bench cause Steve was playing better but I remember Aikman coming in the game but I always thought it was when the game was a blowout. They put him in in the second half when it was still 17-6.

Also that old school quality

eznark

Banned
I feel werid saying this but if we are down a TD or less I have faith in tannehill running a succesful two minute offense, hes pretty good at those

I actually anticipate the game will be similar to the Packers - Bengals game last year. With that defense I give the Dolphins a very good shot at winning.

This is what I'm worried about. If the Dolphins get down by more than 10 and abandon the run (as they love to do) it's over. Tannehill isn't winning that game for you without some serious help.

I have no idea what to expect from the D. Secondary seems okay but they haven't faced anyone near Rodgers tier yet.

eznark

Banned
This is what I'm worried about. If the Dolphins get down by more than 10 and abandon the run (as they love to do) it's over. Tannehill isn't winning that game for you without some serious help.

I have no idea what to expect from the D. Secondary seems okay but they haven't faced anyone near Rodgers tier yet.

AFA says they are the best defense in football!

Bowser

Panthers open up as 7 point dogs at Cincy. Not surprised, we've looked fairly clownshoes this season besides about 9 quarters (First 3 quarters vs Bucs, Lions game, 2nd half vs Bears) and Cincy is coming off an embarrassing loss and is a pretty dominant home team.

Doomsayer

I went to my first game at Levi's yesterday, it was awesome! So much better than Candlestick. Although, I ordered a pretzel with their online app and never got it...

holylloyd.0.0.0_standard_400.0.gif

The amount of athleticism required to do that is insane.

Running at the speed they do and then having the strength and coordination to jump that high and still control your body as you fight for the ball?

When Lloyd made that catch the entire stadium ERUPTED, the atmosphere was incredible.

Kaep looks much worse in person, btw. He was missing open receivers all game. Boldin and Crabtree were running open pretty much all game. Really concerning.

LJ11

It's also a crime that the Bills haven't resigned Jerry Hughes. An absolute fucking steal of a trade, scheme versatile, issues against the run remain but when you put him in a position to do what he does best. The guy has fucking power too, straight bull rushing LT, playing with some good leverage.

I thought Schwartz was trying to phase him out but Jerry had a fucking game yesterday, as he did quite often last season.

Edit: One thing I do like is that Schwartz is letting him rush from a two point stance.

eznark

Banned
Lions cut Henery.

Is it strange to anyone else that THE GREATEST OFFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GREAT GAME OF FOOTBALL WITH THE MOST DOMINANT QUARTERBACK UNDER THE AGE OF 26 AND OVER THE WEIGHT OF 275 is struggling so badly that their kicker has become the most important cog as they try to squeek out wins on the back of a great defense?

@Lions

The #Lions have released Alex Henery, Jim Caldwell announced.

Good. Dude could have had a steady job for a decade here if he was simply decent. I suppose his career is finished now...

Get Prater. Or give Giorgio Tavecchio a shot. He should have gotten the job in the first place.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Should I even bother rooting for Washington tonight? Probably not but I still will.

Watching Niners post game interviews last night Alex Boone called Deion and Glazer losers for their reports. Hahaha!

The 3DS has a higher ratio of the heavy hitters but in terms of the breath of content it stands no chance against the DS.

DS is king.

It's pretty fantastic with Madden and Destiny.

I tried it with both KZ:SF and Resogun and it was a laggy mess and I have really good internet. Man the Vita hardware was so good and it was such a wonderful design. I cant believe there wont ever be another KZ game for it, Mercenaries was fantastic.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

oh yea... this reminds me. Not once was anyone called for holding Watt in the Buffalo game, and again i think there was only one holding call against dallas yesterday but they didnt show who it was on. There was one play where dude just flat tackles Watt right in front of the ref and no call.

MRSA

Banned
I'm getting paid to play Destiny at work. Fuck you jak

EDIT: Remote playing with my Vita through my iPhone 6's hotspot

Top Bottom