• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Have I even seen the Browns beat Big Ben yet?

Was he the starter doing that weird game when the weather was eight types of fucked up?

Edit: the answer is yes the game was in 2009.

Tom Penny

poolladyjeans-480x307.jpg

Schefter on sportscenter saying Megatron could miss some games. I say at least sit him this week.

This season has been a disaster injuries wise on both sides of the ball. Three RBs out, Megatron out, Waddle banged up for a couple weeks...what a brutal game.

Minnesota won't be a pushover, and given our injuries I'm no longer confident in that game. The Saints suck but we can't beat anyone at a shootout IMO, with Stafford playing like shit.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Have I even seen the Browns beat Big Ben yet?

Was he the starter doing that weird game when the weather was eight types of fucked up?

Edit: the answer is yes the game was in 2009.

Looks like you have. I didn't check if he was out those games, though.

edit: Damn my lack of speed

eznark

Banned
I tried it with both KZ:SF and Resogun and it was a laggy mess and I have really good internet. Man the Vita hardware was so good and it was such a wonderful design. I cant believe there wont ever be another KZ game for it, Mercenaries was fantastic.

Huh, never had any problems with lag and my internet is total shit! Maybe that's the secret.

Quote the OP.

thanks added my info

This season has been a disaster injuries wise on both sides of the ball. Three RBs out, Megatron out, Waddle banged up for a couple weeks...what a brutal game.

Minnesota won't be a pushover, and given our injuries I'm no longer confident in that game. The Saints suck but we can't beat anyone at a shootout IMO, with Stafford playing like shit.

At least we're done playing good defenses but still something needs to happen.

TheFatOne

I'm very excited to see Tim Wright moving forward. Guy obviously has talent, and is a great fit for this offense. Good to see them use him more yesterday. Have to see more of that going forward. Stork so far has been a beast at center.

Restore the Roar 2014

Tom Penny

Bengals were putting single coverage with linebackers on the TE's.I'm glad Mcdummy ran the ball so they could actually play action too.

Huh, never had any problems with lag and my internet is total shit! Maybe that's the secret.

Same. The times I have used it, its been solid and my internet is not shit. I just don't have much in the way of a use case for it outside of playing something on the shitter.;)

Konka

Banned
Nice to see the "greatest quarterback of all time" is so reliant on everyone else around him being good.

Roethlisberger > Brady

Ben likes having big people in front of him as well. He just prefers them bent over in bathroom stalls.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Considering trading in my Vita. Gamestop is offering $110 for it plus an extra $50 above that for Rewards members.

I've barely touched the thing in months I must admit. Though its an OLED screen version and I almost don't want to because of that...

Decisions, decisions....

Depends how much you like Weeaboo games. It's basically a niche Japan and indie machine.

I'm constantly on the road so I use it for PSOne stuff as well as the aforementioned games. I like the Vita way better than the 3DS as a system so I tend to play it more.

Seanspeed

Banned
The Dallas O'Line showed why they are the best in the business now.
Crazy, but true.

I'm very excited to see Tim Wright moving forward. Guy obviously has talent, and is a great fit for this offense. Good to see them use him more yesterday. Have to see more of that going forward. Stork so far has been a beast at center.
Just looking at somebody other than Edelman every play seems to have paid dividends.

Bowser

Schefter: Former Broncos kicker Matt Prater and former Cardinals kicker Jay Feely both scheduled to work out for Lions on Tuesday.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mayhew needs to be fired.

I cannot believe how badly he botched the kicker situation.

I went to my first game at Levi's yesterday, it was awesome! So much better than Candlestick. Although, I ordered a pretzel with their online app and never got it...

When Lloyd made that catch the entire stadium ERUPTED, the atmosphere was incredible.

Kaep looks much worse in person, btw. He was missing open receivers all game. Boldin and Crabtree were running open pretty much all game. Really concerning.

I can't imagine considering how bad he looked on TV..

Bacon

Considering trading in my Vita. Gamestop is offering $110 for it plus an extra $50 above that for Rewards members.

I've barely touched the thing in months I must admit. Though its an OLED screen version and I almost don't want to because of that...

Decisions, decisions....

Is this a promotion or is this just how much they offer for a vita? Thinking about trading mine in as well..

Depends how much you like Weeaboo games. It's basically a niche Japan and indie machine.
I love indies but a large majority of those will come to PS4 and I prefer playing them that way. I'm gonna head over during lunch and get rid of it. Think I'll preorder Bayonetta 2 and Sunset Overdrive.

I'm still undecided on whether I want to dive into DriveClub with both feet or not. I'm still on the "try the PS+ version first" bandwagon.

Is this a promotion or is this just how much they offer for a vita? Thinking about trading mine in as well..
No clue on the $110. That's what I was quoted. The extra $50 is a promotion.

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/PUR/Index/ProExclusives

Schefter: Former Broncos kicker Matt Prater and former Cardinals kicker Jay Feely both scheduled to work out for Lions on Tuesday.

Well this is good news!

I give Feely 2 weeks before he's back on the unemployment line after he misses 3 kicks and costs us a game.

Apparently they did cut Henery.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Week 5 restored order. Packers and Patriots are dominant. Bears and Lions are laughably awful. Locker got hurt. Alex Smith shit the bed. the Bungles Bungled. Everything about the Jets is the worst thing about the Jets.

They Are Who We Thought They Were.

This sums up my thoughts on the weekend.

The Giants even look like a playoff team. I wouldn't be surprised if they win that division after all.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I can't imagine considering how bad he looked on TV..
He has his moments but yeah, I'm beginning to think my hope of him turning into a more accurate and poised QB may be false optimism. He should of had a pick six yesterday too.

The Giants even look like a playoff team. I wouldn't be surprised if they win that division after all.
We've played some average/bad teams the last three weeks. I'd like to see what the next 4-5 weeks bring before believing much of anything right now. The schedule:

Eagles (in Philly)
Cowboys (in Dallas)
Bye
Colts (at home)
Seahawks (in Seattle)

The Eagles game this Sunday is huge. Dallas losing to the Seahawks is a definite possibility. If that's the case, the game is for first place in the division.

eznark

Banned
This sums up my thoughts on the weekend.

No, the Cowboys are a legitimately good football team, not just a "good for an NFC East team" good either. That line is strong, Murray is legit and that takes pressure off of Garrett, who is by far their biggest weakness right now.

I need a monday podcast.

I plowed through part 3 of hardcore history's retelling of world war 1 then went to listen to a NFL podcast. .. none of them are updated.

Colasante

I need a monday podcast.

I plowed through part 3 of hardcore history's retelling of world war 1 then went to listen to a NFL podcast. .. none of them are updated.

Listen to the Around the NFL podcast. Best football podcast around and they put out their recap episodes on Sunday night.

Top Bottom