• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Tom Penny

Dead money

Literally 0_0

aaron-hernandez-arrested.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Don't be suprised. The NFL had a guy who thought he could be a druglord, a man who thought he could get away with punching his wife out, a man who has been caught with weed in his system 6 times, and a man who got away with murder.

Being told when a drug test will be beforehand, doesn't mean they wont fail lol

I'm not saying that people won't fail it out of stupidity. I'm basically making the point that if you expect it to change the game, it's not going to.

Perfectly clean hit

AncientRecentGlassfrog.gif

He apologized, and said it wasn't intentionally aimed at hurting Campbell. Thomas is a terrible blocker, it is what it is, but Thomas is far from dirty imo.

With that said, if Clady isn't there it's a perfectly legal block. Those types of blocks are legal, unless the blocking player engages the rusher like he is going to pass block. Then it becomes a lure, but I'm sure you knew that.

What always amazed me is how a QB can throw the ball with an accurate arc to arrive at the correct moment at the receiver, and right into his hands. How the fuck do they do that? Is it all timing? Do they just know that throwing it a certain way will get to a certain spot in xx seconds?
I'm pretty sure it's just feel after they've been QBs for so long. I doubt they're aiming for a specific point in space (unless it's like a goal-line jump ball). If you know how fast your receiver is it's probably a matter of timing.

cajunator

Banned
Just disgusting to see that.

Peter King.

I think I think I think I think

I'm pretty sure it's just feel after they've been QBs for so long. I doubt they're aiming for a specific point in space (unless it's like a goal-line jump ball). If you know how fast your receiver is it's probably a matter of timing.

While thats true, for example Drew Brees can put the ball right in between the numbers. there has to be some kind of method to it. Its truly an amazing feat. Even shitty quarterbacks are amazing in that they can complete a pass downfield at all.

Bread

Banned
i made chili

ground beef, linguica, chorizo, onions, jalapenos, chipotle peppers, and kidney beans.

suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

bionic77

nice rainy day for some homemade gumbo
Dayyyyum.

I love gumbo. Any good recipes you can point me to? That shit is magic if made well.

And can we all agree that the Niner fans currently have the title most violent animals in the NFL? Saw the bathroom fight video. That shit is fucked up. Looked like it was inbetween Niner fans too. Imagine if a Seahawk fan showed up...

cajunator

Banned
Dayyyyum.

I love gumbo. Any good recipes you can point me to? That shit is magic if made well.

And can we all agree that the Niner fans currently have the title most violent animals in the NFL? Saw the bathroom fight video. That shit is fucked up. Looked like it was inbetween Niner fans too. Imagine if a Seahawk fan showed up...

I didnt see any niners fighting video? where is it?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Channel 3 Sports ‏ @ WKYCSports 58m 58 minutes ago
Pettine: When you have an historic comeback, it means you played really bad early and really good late.

Also Haden iffy for Sunday -_-

I think today it starts?

Haden no...

But fuck it he'll play BG, and you know why?

VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE!

That's why!

Mrbob

I love me some Cutler. If I was Kas tier I'd try to make an argument how he was the best QB in the NFC North. 70% completion rate, 100% of those going to opposing defensive backs.

While thats true, for example Drew Brees can put the ball right in between the numbers. there has to be some kind of method to it. Its truly an amazing feat. Even shitty quarterbacks are amazing in that they can complete a pass downfield at all.

I remember Steve Young on ESPN saying that specific part of QB-ing is just innate, you basically have it or you don't.

I'm not saying that people won't fail it out of stupidity. I'm basically making the point that if you expect it to change the game, it's not going to.

He apologized, and said it wasn't intentionally aimed at hurting Campbell. Thomas is a terrible blocker, it is what it is, but Thomas is far from dirty imo.

With that said, if Clady isn't there it's a perfectly legal block. Those types of blocks are legal, unless the blocking player engages the rusher like he is going to pass block. Then it becomes a lure, but I'm sure you knew that.

Even if Clady's not there it's still dirty. Campbell's not lined up on him and Thomas goes for the back of Campbell's knee.

Terrible quality gif, but it sure is fun to watch.

VigilantHilariousAfricanharrierhawk.gif

I posted this earlier in the morning. I was impressed by that move. Boone isn't exactly a small lineman either. I was wrong about it being a club through though. It looks more impressive than I actually remembered it.

Some thoughts on Niners-Chiefs game...

-Phil Dawson won us the game. 5 fg's - 2 of them at 50+ yards. He gets top billing

-2 Penalties for 10yds? I'll take it. Thanks refs. I wonder if Anquan Boldin ever got fined for criticizing officials a couple of weeks back.

-Perrish Cox has been such a pleasant surprise. From borderline roster player to solid starter. I can't stress how important his solid play has been in stabilizing the secondary. I feel like Ed Donatell needs to get some props for his work with the DB's. Seems like every year we have one backup DB step up and just make plays (from Rogers-> Brock and now to Perrish Cox). We don't have a top tier secondary but the value we generate from that position has been very solid.

- Defense continues to look solid. Being gashed by Murray and the Cowboys week 1 now doesn't look so bad. Lynch continues to impress. Our future at OLB spots look bright with him and Aldon.

-Gore is the man. Around this time last season was when he started asserting his will on the offense. I'm hoping this time around, he doesn't run out of gas. Hopefully Hyde can keep Gore fresh for the stretch run

-Offensive line looked great running the ball today. I like how they generated push for the most part. On the other hand, pass protection is still absolute garbage. There was a point in the 2nd half where Kap just straight would get sacked/pressured right after he dropped back for consecutive plays spanning multiple possessions. I forget who the Chiefs player was but that one sack where the lineman just straight up clubbed through Boone was one helluva football move.

There was an interesting stat that popped up during the game which has mirrored my thoughts about Colin vs Alex. In looking at their career, with equal number of games (from Harbaugh on), both pretty much have the same exact stats. By eye test, it's something I've noticed as well. Kap makes those wow plays that Alex couldn't even dream of making while small hands strings together more short completions with better accuracy on short throws. For all of Kap's athletic ability, the end offensive results are the same as when Alex as under center : 2TD's/a handful of field goals/lots of busted drives and stalling in the red zone. Given that we have a really deep receiving core this year, a solid 1-2 rushing attack, I wonder if this is as far as we're going to get out of Kap. I mean the only thing left to really change at this point is G-Ro (which I'm all for) but if Harbaugh sticks around, I just don't see him getting dumped. Speaking of G-Ro, I hate how incompatible our pass offense is with our run offense. It's just so weird not being able to see both aspects work together on game day. It's one thing to attack the opposing team's defensive weaknesses but establishing offensive identity is just as important. Lastly, can we get a different playcaller on offense? G-Ro sucks at it so bad. Just lock him in a room with Madden play creator so he can diagram all the bullshit plays that he wants. Naked bootleg with Kap isn't fooling anybody.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dilfer firing shots at Joe Flacco. He said that quarterbacks who weren't great have won a Super Bowl like himself and Joe Flacco

Blarry is smiling somewhere

ShaneB

I posted this earlier in the morning. I was impressed by that move. Boone isn't exactly a small lineman either. I was wrong about it being a club through though. It looks more impressive than I actually remembered it.

Saw that this morning and meant to respond. Much respect to the ground and pound offence, and how Gore was Goring all over the Chiefs. And yeah, seeing the playback of that move by Poe is impressive as hell.

Man, I could listen to Jon and Jay Gruden talk back and forth for the full broadcast.

Doomsayer

This is dirty and low hits like these at the Line of scrimmage should be banned, I have always hated low hits at LoS..

I agree with this so much.

Cut blocks are some of the most dangerous plays in Football. Since it normally only happens on defenders though, Gooddell couldn't give a shit.

zychi

Banned
This is dirty and low hits like these at the Line of scrimmage should be banned, I have always hated low hits at LoS..

if he touched his head, he'd be fined and suspended.

but taking out a knee, and any chance of playing again? Goodell's NFL doesn't care.

He can go on a coke binge in Vegas with that midget you call a QB

You know the dipshit that can't learn a playbook and beat out Briqn Hoyer
LOL, only reason I said that was to see what you would say in response.
What I expected, didn't dissapoint.
2) Mallett has cleaned up his act and at the time admitted what he did was dumb. he owned up to it unlike someone else who thinks he is just having fun
LOL

A lot of that is our talent.

We don't have big physical receivers who are giant red zone targets. All of our receiver are short shifty guys. They are worth their weight in gold in the open field but as the field gets small it pays to have a giant TE or big ass wide receiver who can just manhandle his man and create space. We don't have that.

And generally it is pretty tough to run in the red zone. That is a recipe for a lot of FGs, which is what we come away with half of the time.
That's no excuse.

This offense has more than enough size at tight end and receiver. Shrimpy AB has 5 touchdowns. They have the capability. The problem is Ben. Whether it was Arians or Haley, Ben led offenses always stall inside the 20s. The majority of Ben's sacks come in the redzone. For some reason, whenever he gets to the redzone he looks for the kill shot instead of trying to maintain positive yardage.

Top Bottom