• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

eznark

Banned
Our local sports guys are assholes

ngzzeh1.png

How was he being an asshole?

Steelers need to change something up on offense. It's too between the 20's - Steelers are the number 5 offense in yards but like the number 12 offense in points. Steelers are afraid to(or Ben simply doesn't want to) run in the redzone. As dominant as Bell has been that has to change. He has only 1 touchdown on the year!

edit: they've dropped down to 19th in points.

Trey

Sully shits on the Bills, win or lose.

Plus Woods had one bad snap yesterday, which prompted the tweet...you try snapping a ball with Suh standing over you.

He was too much a pussy to directly tag him.

In fairness, Woods was getting blown up on Sunday. On one Spiller run, dude shoots right past Woods to force a five yard loss. It's pretty much instantaneous - like Woods isn't even there.

People dog Spiller but he's not a between-the-tackles kind of back. His best success is running off tackle because he explodes through clean openings and outruns angles. But there were none because the Lions were shooting gaps and winning 1 on 1s consistently.

bionic77

Steelers need to change something up on offense. It's too between the 20's - Steelers are the number 5 offense in yards but like the number 12 offense in points. Steelers are afraid to(or Ben simply doesn't want to) run in the redzone. As dominant as Bell has been that has to change. He has only 1 touchdown on the year!

edit: they've dropped down to 19th in points.
A lot of that is our talent.

We don't have big physical receivers who are giant red zone targets. All of our receiver are short shifty guys. They are worth their weight in gold in the open field but as the field gets small it pays to have a giant TE or big ass wide receiver who can just manhandle his man and create space. We don't have that.

And generally it is pretty tough to run in the red zone. That is a recipe for a lot of FGs, which is what we come away with half of the time.

eznark

Banned
So is someone going to run the same "I don't know a player who likes it" quote just from a new guy every week now in regards to TNF?

Patriots7

There was a time when I wanted nothing more than to cut Vellano.

But he hasn't been as god awful as he was last year.

I guess that means we're sold on Casey Walker?

Adam Silver's out here killing jobs

Alex Weprin ‏@alexweprin 21m21 minutes ago

BREAKING: Turner Broadcasting will reduce its global workforce by 10%, 1,475 layoffs across CNN, TBS, TNT etc. Over next 2 weeks.

Colasante

There was a time when I wanted nothing more than to cut Vellano.

But he hasn't been as god awful as he was last year.

I guess that means we're sold on Casey Walker?

I didn't notice Walker much last night outside of his great tackle for a loss early, but he certainly has a better body for the NFL than Vellano. It'd be nice if he developed and was able to spell Wilfork until Siliga is back.

Top Bottom