• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

bionic77

massive hold on that wussle play but that's par for the course in this game. it's part of the reason why i am starting to become less interested in the league. you have that horse shit call against the seahawks earlier, the refs call offensive holding if they feel like it, they call holding on defense if they feel like it... league is just trash
This isn't something new.

There have always been bad calls.

cajunator

Banned
Skins were way outmanned but at least they put up a fight. Much better than the Saints would have. Well maybe in the Dome they might have a chance.

Greg

Np9zk7s.jpg

Spinluck

I thought that was a great game.

I expected a blow out so maybe that is skewing my views a bit.

Wussle is one of the best Game Managers in the league right now.
Aren't all QBs "game mangers"?

Narag

Remember when Racist-Age tried to convince us IRG3 was better than Russell? Good times.

I kinda feel bad for them now, going from such high excitement to realizing he's such a head case in such a short time. If I were a Browns fan, I'm sure I could empathize.

Spinluck

Remember when Racist-Age tried to convince us IRG3 was better than Russell? Good times.

It is kind of funny how many guys were drafted ahead of him. I think more than anything his mobility was overlooked and underrated. He's a much better runner than Bob Griffin and much more decisive.

cdyhybrid

I kinda feel bad for them now, going from such high excitement to realizing he's such a head case in such a short time. If I were a Browns fan, I'm sure I could empathize.

I don't. They couldn't hold the L so this is what they get.

do you think if both coaches went over to the refs and said "look, let us play and whatever happens happens" the refs would get the fuck out of the way and let us return to the 50's!

Have crazy ass Harbs assault them!

Spinluck

It's true though!

Kirk looked okay tonight. Sometimes I wonder if RG3 will make it in this league.

Idk what to think of Kirk, pretty inconsistent passer on a game to game basis. He did look pretty good tonight, maybe they had a helluva game planning week, or he was just making better throws or decisions. I feel for Redskin fans though. I know what feels like to not have a sure thing at the QB position.

Godslay

Banned
Idk what to think of Kirk, pretty inconsistent passer on a game to game basis. He did look pretty good tonight, maybe they had a helluva game planning week, or he was just making better throws or decisions. I feel for Redskin fans though. I know what feels like to not have a sure thing at the QB position.

Been up and down with him. In retrospect Shanahan made the right choice by taking him and RG3 in the same draft.

Broncos locker room is pretty plain.

Slo

I see that the LIBRERAL MEDIA is trying to drag a tax payer's name through the mud again! Take a man's career and another half dozen more children become dependent on the state! Thanks OBAMA!

LJ11

When you have $40 million in cap space and 12 draft picks and your starting cornerbacks end up being Darrin Walls and Antonio Allen, you fucked up, bar none. Idzik whiffed on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Alterraun Verner because of low ball offers, cut Antonio Cromartie for no reason, refused to sign Darrelle Revis, and started the season with $24 million left over for, what, a rainy day?

I liked the Eric Decker signing and the drafting of Jace Amaro, but when you have a quarterback like Geno Smith, you have to know that is not nearly enough weapons to mask his flaws.

Antonio Cromartie was cut because he was going to count $15m against the cap, that's not what I call no reason. Not worth the money. Was coming off a bad year too, he was atrocious, which is why he got a one year prove it deal with the Cards.

Why should the Jets spend a potential $32m on Revis, which is what he might get from the Pats, when they have to resign/extend 3 players in the front 7? They have to resign Harrison who's an excellent under the radar player, great run stuffer. Mo is up for a new contract in 2016, and Demario Davis is starting to play well for them so he'll need to be extended as well before he hits FA in 2016. They also flipped Revis for a top 15 selection. So they traded Revis and his cap space for their front 7 and a young DB.

I agree that they should have signed some vet CB depth, but they didn't need to go out and spend top dollar on DBs, they needed to add depth, didn't need to spend a boatload at the CB position. Injuries killed them, staff may have been high on some of the young guys. No question, they should have added a vet CB, didn't need to spend a lot of cash to do so however . They've spent a ton at CB in the past, it did what for them exactly?

Also, why is DRC on a different team every year?

They need to build an OL, add receiving threats, but as we all know, QB 1 or bust. They had the OL, had the D, but no QB, it got them nowhere.

It would be fine if Izdik was brought over to clean house completely and build from scratch.

But they kept their coach. Not his coach, but the owner's coach. Last year he was on his last year of the contract in win now mode. He is again on his last year with a win now mentality. It doesn't make sense. You can't both win now and build for the future when you have so many areas to address.

And that supposed great D is only a great front 7 and nothing else. So if you aren't going to fire the coach and try to win now, might as well spend the money. 20 million under the cap for what? WR rich draft and who did they get? Could have pursued Desean yet they settled for Eric Decker who can't even stay healthy.

They either didn't address their weaknesses or addressed it very inadequately. That's on the GM. You don't have to hit on all your draft picks but you should be able to supplement with smart FA pickups and some sense of direction. Jets have none. Coach and GM are doing 2 different things.

Rex was and still is a lame duck, he'll be gone at the end of the year most likely because you don't survive two bad QBs. I don't think any reasonable person expected him to win with last years roster or this years. He's basically a caretaker at this point. Reminds me of Terry Collins, just sit here and baby sit while we amass talent. Only person in win now mode is Rex, because he hopes it saves his ass.

I agree with you about receiving weapons, that and OL. They need dynamic players on the outside. Why would they pursue a nut job like DJax though? Santonio anyone? They don't need that shit on the team. OL OL OL, how the fuck do you ground and pound with no OL? Got away from their identity, never got it back.

Packers locker room is awesome.

I never understood the super nice/swank locker rooms.

Almost as dumb as Oregon's hardwood floor weight room.

Top Bottom