• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Bowser

He's just trying to be like his big bruh

kanye-west-jay-z-lp_jpg_e_b531446b815d841fa57ff7ac29559923.jpg

Jay and Ye

Gata and Grover

I was gonna say, Texans fans are very localized to the Houston area so a San Antonio team would mostly cannibalize from the Cowboys while attracting new fans from south Texas and places like Corpus Christi.

Edit: Also Austin is really close by as well.

Weirdly enough San Antonio already has a pretty strong fan base of Raiders fans. I think a lot of Spurs fans chose them as their football team because of the same colors.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
https://twitter.com/KMart_LI/status/517345726549196800

If we had even a Glennon-tier QB we'd be going to the super bowl.

I was surprised at how well you played. The first drive you guys got a field goal but were running the ball down our throats. After that it did not happen again because you were playing one of the best defenses in the league but against most teams that would've continued the whole game.

On defense you guys played tough and threw Stafford some interesting blitz packages but it did not phase Stafford because we have one of the best offenses in the league (without Megatron BTW). Against most teams you guys would cause offenses problems.

Rex Ryan, even though he was annoying early on, is a hell of a head coach. He coached a team led by terrible Mark Sanchez to two AFC Championship games. That is not an easy task. But he did annoy a lot of people by his talking and he learned from it.

If Vick can manage games you guys should be able to win the AFC East. I'm wondering if it was Rex idea to start Geno from game one or if he was pressured by the upper management. No way he should've started over Vick.

Imagine had Stafford somehow fallen to the Jets at #5 instead of Sanchez. You guys would be perennial Super Bowl contenders.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Weirdly enough San Antonio already has a pretty strong fan base of Raiders fans. I think a lot of Spurs fans chose them as their football team because of the same colors.

I never even thought of it that way. More reason to move them to San Antonio (or as some Texans say, "San Antone")

Damn, ain't never getting Sunday Ticket on cable.

Yeah that's pretty irritating. Once again the NFL loves their exclusivity contracts.

overcast

Agreed.

I don't know what I would do if they left Stl. Probably not watch football for awhile.

On a lighter note Fisher named Austin Davis starting QB so he at least doesn't have his head up his ass on that one.
This is great news. If the Rams came to LA it would make me really excited. I'm from LA and I can finally like an LA team in sports. I would be one of the first on the gross bandwagon.

Happy Davis is starter. Might as well see how it pans out.

Bowser

I don't think the Cardinals can contend this season with Stanton as the long-term regular starter. Will be interesting to see what happens with Palmer...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Less travel for the Seahawks and we get two Cali teams in the division? All right we can show Cali who's the best in the west!

Washington a better state than California.

mjlol.png

Seattle looks amazing and I wouldn't mind living their but Cali is massive with so many different types of cities.

Either way no need for Best Coast states to argue. We have enough to deal with the pompous douches from the East.

I don't think the Cardinals can contend this season with Stanton as the long-term regular starter. Will be interesting to see what happens with Palmer...

They can't compete long term with either. When did Palmer become some great QB. Arizona will have trouble making the Wild Card when Seattle wins the NFC west.

Zeke

I never even thought of it that way. More reason to move them to San Antonio (or as some Texans say, "San Antone")
No one here calls it that >_> San Anto tho you'll hear even SA town (pronounced say). It would be black and silver all over this bitch...it already is tho

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Everyone sucks this year.

One of the best teams in the NFC barely has a quarterback and the best team in the AFC East just benched theirs.

7-9 Champion this year seems really possible to me.

leger-douzable-matthew-stafford-nfl-detroit-lions-new-york-jets-850x560.jpg

Elite QB, Top 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense. Time to admit what I've been telling you all along wienke.

I honestly don't see one team that can beat us. A playoff game at Seattle would be tough but other than that? No one. On paper I don't see a better team in the league than ours.

Milchjon

Went to a rugby match in Newcastle. Holy shit, that sport is the worst. Like football without everything that makes football awesome.

Honestly expected to have some fun, but was bored out of my mind until we finally got two streakers.

For some reason, no one bothered to get them of the field, so we even got to see one of the streakers attempting a tackle in the game.

Sad when your game needs a couple of nude drunkards to make it somewhat entertaining.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Elite QB, Top 5 Offense and Top 5 Defense. Time to admit what I've been telling you all along wienke.

I honestly don't see one team that can beat us. A playoff game at Seattle would be tough but other than that? No one. On paper I don't see a better team in the league than ours.

I'm still holding out hope I won't have to wear whatever shitty avatar you have for me!

No one here calls it that >_> San Anto tho you'll hear even SA town (pronounced say). It would be black and silver all over this bitch...it already is tho

These were East Texans calling it that.... I travel all over the state for work so I hear different things. It's true no one in San Antonio or south/central Texas referred to it as that.

brentech

Unfortunately, they've already been beat. So you can probably throw that plan out the window.

You already lost and couldn't put away the stinking jets...brah...come on

On paper I don't see a better team in the league than ours.

Theres your problem. Well its always been your problem. Football is not played on paper. Stats, preseason rankings, "strengths" and "weakness" of a team don't mean shit. The 60 minutes on the field is all that matters. Your team has proven to self destruct over the last few DECADES. Last year the Lions had the division handed to them when every team was plagued with injuries AND THEY STILL FUCKING CHOKED.

bionic77

Theres your problem. Well its always been your problem. Football is not played on paper. Stats, preseason rankings, "strengths" and "weakness" of a team don't mean shit. The 60 minutes on the field is all that matters. Your team has proven to self destruct over the last few DECADES. Last year the Lions had the division handed to them when every team was plagued with injuries AND THEY STILL FUCKING CHOKED.
Last year Stafford didn't have 3 great receivers, 2 legit running backs, a tight end, a working offensive like and the weak defenses he needs to suceed. You know like all "elite" qb's who need 10 other players to carry them. It's supposedly taking frauds like Tammy to the HOF so it must be right!

Now that he has all of that the Lions can't be stopped.

Also remember that the no one, not even the refs can stop Suh. At most they can penalize him 15 yards no matter how hard he stomps on Rodgers tiny, tiny, tiny penis.

Restore the roar 2014.

Top Bottom