• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Mrbob

Egwene was two different characters in those books, i really had trouble thinking she was the same character in those two books. Nynaeve became the best character in the series by the end.

I'm almost done with book 9 now and this makes me happy to read. Nynaeve has been one of my favorites since the beginning.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Called it, feel bad for the fans in St Louis. The NFL caused all this to begin with by taking teams away from the second largest city in America. Plus St. Louis being in the NFC West never made sense. The rivalries will be much more intense now, especially the 49ers and Rams.

Edit: guess it's a rumor now. Still think it will happen and it'll happen in Inglewood by the Great Western Forum.

eznark

Banned
At the end of a ten minute discussion where they talk about nothing the host of the show says: "I'm not going to go into details or anything, but somebody told me that the decision has already been made, they are moving."

lol holy fuck how did you even find that article, richiek?

Bowser

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn · 25s
#Panthers DE Frank Alexander has been suspended without pay for 10 games for again violating the NFL substance abuse policy.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson · 1m
Unless Charles Johnson (hip injury) gets healthy in a hurry, #Panthers DE rotation vs. #Bears will be Ealy, Horton and Addison.

haSiQoL.gif

bionic77

Come hang out in the reading threads!
Hard to get into.

Will give it another go.

You want fantasy or sci-fi recommendations beyond the usual suspects?

Lois McMaster Bujold is a god in both genres. She is not obscure because she has won a bunch of awards, but she never caught on mainstream. Vorkosigan saga for sci-fi and the 3 books in her Chalion series if you want fantasy. Chalion books are not sequels to each other so they stand alone. Hallowed Hunt is by far my favorite but Curse of Chalion probably sets up the world better and is damn awesome in itself.

I don't enjoy her Sharing Knife fantasy epic as much because it is too heavy on the romance/married couple stuff.

Seriously, read Bujold.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Way of Kings by Sanderson, if you hadn't read the two books in that series yet.

Egwene was two different characters in those books, i really had trouble thinking she was the same character in those two books. Nynaeve became the best character in the series by the end.
Egwene was just a crazy bitch towards Rand at the end. I hated her character at the end of the series.

Nyaeve became good once she got her man. She was getting really annoyed before that.

That seems to be a common theme in the series. The women are all annoying and horrible (with the exception of Morraine) until they get that good dick. Gwayn obviously failed at this along with everything else he attempted. :(

Crisco

Banned
Well that explains how he gained all that weight and looked like a mini-Hardy during training camp. This is looking like a really fucked year. Should have known the moment it was announced Cam was having ankle surgery.

dionysus

Yaldog
Nynaeve being liked by someone just does not compute. She is a harpy for 9 straight books, over 9,000 pages in hard back! Good god I couldn't imagine going the Eznark route and having to hear her POV at talking speed without the ability to skim.

eznark

Banned
Nynaeve being liked by someone just does not compute. She is a harpy for 9 straight books, over 9,000 pages in hard back! Good god I couldn't imagine going the Eznark route and having to hear her POV at talking speed without the ability to skim.

A billion times better than perrins fuck awful wife.

MechDX

Makes more sense than the raiders tbh. Davis doesn't have deep pockets to play in LA he barely has any money to put up in Oakland. Kroenke has the bank to do it and already owns a tract of land around there.

Just don't want the Raiders in San Antonio. I don't think McNair or Jerry want them there either no matter what they say publically

Zeke

Just don't want the Raiders in San Antonio. I don't think McNair or Jerry want them there either no matter what they say publically
Don't be an ass our city deserves a team of its own. If Florida can have 3 teams and California potentially 4 Texas can have 3. Jerry doesn't care about SA he likes his cali camps. He doesn't give us any love and it's been years since he gave us anything to cheer for. Texans haven't shown us any love (not that I care) so why should my city get shit end of the deal. Besides we already whip your candy asses in the nba time to do it in the nfl.

Don't be an ass our city deserves a team of its own. If Florida can have 3 teams and California potentially 4 Texas can have 3. Jerry doesn't care about SA he likes his cali camps. He doesn't give us any love and it's been years since he gave us anything to cheer for. Texans haven't shown us any love (not that I care) so why should my city get shit end of the deal. Besides we already whip your candy asses in the nba time to do it in the nfl.
Would you switch to being a Raiders fan?

Zeke

Would you switch to being a Raiders fan?
I honestly don't know what I would do. I mean I grew up watching cowboy games with my dad tons of good memories. It would be great for the city and its something that the city has been itching real bad to get since I was kid. It's the whole reason we built the alamodome the city was confident it would land an expansion team. Spurs are our only pro team and the city gives them crazy support. We are fanatics for them. Like I said I don't know what I would do and until it really happens I'll stay the course.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I was gonna say, Texans fans are very localized to the Houston area so a San Antonio team would mostly cannibalize from the Cowboys while attracting new fans from south Texas and places like Corpus Christi.

Edit: Also Austin is really close by as well.

Boose

That clown didn't listen to the linked radio clip, clearly. There is literally no new news here. It's two local radio idiots doing what local radio idiots do.

Agreed.

I don't know what I would do if they left Stl. Probably not watch football for awhile.

On a lighter note Fisher named Austin Davis starting QB so he at least doesn't have his head up his ass on that one.

Zeke

I was gonna say, Texans fans are very localized to the Houston area so a San Antonio team would mostly cannibalize from the Cowboys while attracting new fans from south Texas and places like Corpus Christi.

Edit: Also Austin is really close by as well.
I've said it before but if Davis is serious about moving he can't do better than SA. Fresh market that has been yearning for an nfl team for decades upon decades. He gets the Austin SA market and he gets the Rio Grand down to corpus that's a huge market. SA will give him a sweetheart deal and a shiny new stadium and he keeps majority ownership.

Crazy how quickly the two deepest positions on the Panthers' roster, pass rushers and dudes who carry the rock, have gone to shit in just a month.

Gettleman looks smarter and smarter for taking Ealy everyday

Top Bottom