• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

I'm bored at a hotel, only have my work computer, where can I go online to do something fun that's safe for work. Is happypuppy still a thing? Do people make games anymore that can be played without an install?

FUCK THE GIANTS!!!

Godslay

Banned
fdLS6kd.gif

This is probably the most positive Lions post I've ever seen you make.

Zeke

Its so small, I expected a ton more.

I actually thought the Alamo was rad as fuck.
They have been expanding it and are set to expand it a bit more. If you get out of down town you can hit the hiking/walking trails. I know canoers and kayakers hit that area too. Down town has construction going on right now the convention center is getting expanded. A new sky scrapper is going to be built soon the mall down town is getting redone too. Lots of housing going up around there too.

ShaneB

It really is a great park. Friends and I went there last season, came away pretty happy. Pirates fans were good people too, we met a random group after the game and went drinking with them.

Yeah, I've mentioned before how much of my enjoyment of baseball comes from the atmosphere a great ballpark can provide, which is sad since the Blue Jays play in such a boring dump =(

I'd put it after Camden Yards as #2. That's the greatest compliment I can give a stadium.

I'm not sure I have a favourite ballpark, but there are plenty of great ones. I guess Fenway and Wrigley come to mind just based on history alone and sort of bucket list ballparks.

eznark

Banned
They have been expanding it and are set to expand it a bit more. If you get out of down town you can hit the hiking/walking trails. I know canoers and kayakers hit that area too. Down town has construction going on right now the convention center is getting expanded. A new sky scrapper is going to be built soon the mall down town is getting redone too. Lots of housing going up around there too.

Yeah, it wasn't the best situation for exploring outside the city, I was there for a workshop at the university for 4 days.

The River Walk was definitely cool, but four straight nights and it was kinda done.

It actually seemed much more like a place you'd want to live than visit. I could see the redeeming qualities. Unlike New Orleans, worst most disgusting town in America.

Fenway is cool because of the history, but once you're baking in a tiny seat it kinda sucks.

I wonder how long Boston and Chicago will go before realizing that renovating century-old stadiums instead of starting anew simply isn't a good long-term solution. From all accounts Fenway is a miserable experience when you're finished ogling all the Red Sox lore and quirky ballpark design, and Wrigley has been a dump as long as I can remember.

I wonder how long Boston and Chicago will go before realizing that renovating century-old stadiums instead of starting anew simply isn't a good long-term solution. From all accounts Fenway is a miserable experience when you're finished ogling all the Red Sox lore and quirky ballpark design, and Wrigley has been a dump as long as I can remember.
lambeaufield.jpg

Should be obvious, but you can renovate an existing stadium and still have it be awesome. But it helps if your organization is a non-profit with nothing better to do with money than spend it on the stadium!

jbug617

Banned

They wanted to make a new Fenway Park but the public fought and they ended up renovating instead.

http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/bosbpk.htm

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
San Antonio is supposedly notable for being an awesome town to drive in because the traffic is non-existent compared to Austin, Dallas, and Houston.

Honestly not much impressed me about San Antonio. It just feels like another city, no real charm to it other than the Riverwalk (I do wonder how many drunks they have to fish out of the river?)

Really though, Fort Worth might be the best city in Texas.

bionic77

Exactly

PNC is far and away the best park in MLB
What makes it so good.

I have been to games in philly,
Baltimore and Cleveland. I think I liked the fans in Cleveland the best and Phillys park the best. Not the fairest comparison because I went there like 5 years ago and the other parks were old when I went there.

Fans were so chill at baseball games. At least the ones I went to. Such a boring sport.

eznark

Banned
lambeaufield.jpg

Should be obvious, but you can renovate an existing stadium and still have it be awesome. But it helps if your organization is a non-profit with nothing better to do with money than spend it on the stadium!

Little harder to do with Fenway and Wrigley, which are extremely space restricted.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What makes it so good.

I have been to games in philly,
Baltimore and Cleveland. I think I liked the fans in Cleveland the best and Phillys park the best. Not the fairest comparison because I went there like 5 years ago and the other parks were old when I went there.

Fans were so chill at baseball games. At least the ones I went to. Such a boring sport.

This is like an $8 seat.

pnc_park_view.jpg

ShaneB

I think the Pirates are the only Pittsburgh team I'd be happy with winning anything.

Generally common sentiment. It is cool to see all the Pittsburgh teams share colour scheme though.

Also on the Fenway comments, yeah, I've heard it's not exactly that comfortable, but like I said, I think it's still that mystique where people feel like it's a bucket list ballpark.

Also, seeing MLB's/Selig's pace of game initiatives to speed up baseball seem really great. With how Football is going, with everything apparently going to be reviewable and penalties and stoppage in plays, has there been any upside to what would make the game faster?

edit: That is a beautiful photo of PNC Park.

zychi

Banned
Generally common sentiment. It is cool to see all the Pittsburgh teams share colour scheme though.

Also on the Fenway comments, yeah, I've heard it's not exactly that comfortable, but like I said, I think it's still that mystique where people feel like it's a bucket list ballpark.

Also, seeing MLB's/Selig's pace of game initiatives to speed up baseball seem really great. With how Football is going, with everything apparently going to be reviewable and penalties and stoppage in plays, has there been any upside to what would make the game faster?

edit: That is a beautiful photo of PNC Park.

Three "time out" limit

Each team shall be permitted only three "Time Out" conferences per game (including extra innings). Such conferences shall include player conferences with the pitcher (including the catcher), manager or coach conferences with the pitcher, and coach conferences with a batter.
Will get thrown out. You can't enforce this when a pitcher is sucking, injured, or pitching changes. Adding extra innings to it will make it even worse.

Little harder to do with Fenway and Wrigley, which are extremely space restricted.
True, but I think the financial part is probably what holds it back most. Renovating those stadiums into works of art isn't going to massively help revenue.

Well, that and "tradition"

zychi

Banned

Wrigley should just take over the streets clark and addison. It's all foot traffic anyways and it's basically blocked off when theres a game by a swarm of people. Knock the whole thing down, keep the field where it is but flip it so home is where center is, so basically rebuild the stadium around it. No more bullshit issues with the "rooftop owners" and now you can add seating and actual clubhouses.

Pay me Ricketts.

Top Bottom