• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

RBH

A Dallas Cowboys special teams player has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman at the team’s hotel in Texas on September 20th — and he was allowed to play the next day.

The alleged attack came just a day after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s awkward news conference during which he promised to get tough on players accused of violent crime.

Police in Grapevine, Texas, told the Daily News that C.J. Spillman, 28, is “involved” in the investigation of a sexual assault that allegedly took place at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, the Cowboys’ official hotel since 2009.

“We have a sexual assault report we are investigating at this time, and it does involve C.J. Spillman,” said Sgt. Robert Eberling, a police spokesman. “He is involved in the investigation. We are looking into the matter.”

Civil rights attorney Gloria Allred sent a letter to the commissioner on Sept. 26, a week after Goodell’s uneasy news conference, saying she represents a woman who filed a police report alleging an NFL player had raped her.

The alleged perpetrator, accompanied by a team official, met with police on Sept. 20, Allred said in the letter.

“Thereafter, the accused was then allowed by his team to play the following day,” the letter added. “We have asked the NFL whether or not this alleged rape was reported to them and if they approved this accused individual’s playing in the game notwithstanding the allegations that had been made against him.”

In her news conference on Monday, Allred revealed her client underwent a rape kit examination and provided other evidence. Allred said her client was told the player was contacted by police and appeared at a station with a representative of his team, and then played the next day, Sept. 21.

Allred declined to discuss the Spillman investigation on Wednesday, but she did respond to a request made earlier this week by the NFL’s top lawyer, Jeffrey Pash, to interview the alleged victim.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/cowboys-player-accused-sexually-assaulting-woman-article-1.1960275?cid=bitly?$242424&utm_content=bufferc0d5f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

zychi

Banned
In Dallas' defense, Jameis Winston is still playing after the NCAA and FSU covered up a rape allegation.

And it's an allegation, not a conviction yet.

ShowRogerTheTape.gif

Cle will be mediocre and Lebron's back will give out because he can't take HGH anymore.
Irving will get injured like he does every year. Love can't play defense.

The East is weak.

Bulls
Hornets
Cle
Rest don't matter because the West is winning the title again this year.

The Bulls have a lot of talent and presumably better depth but I still expect Thibs to find a way to run his best players into the ground and head into the playoffs with a gimpy yet scrappy squad.

I'm actually interested in watching the Hornets play this season. I'd rather watch them than my Pacers. :( Two Hoosiers (Zeller & Vonleh) plus Lance...could be a fun team.

zychi

Banned
The Bulls have a lot of talent and presumably better depth but I still expect Thibs to find a way to run his best players into the ground and head into the playoffs with a gimpy yet scrappy squad.

I'm actually interested in watching the Hornets play this season. I'd rather watch them than my Pacers. :( Two Hoosiers (Zeller & Vonleh) plus Lance...could be a fun team.
You forgot about my boy al ricardo jefferson.

Like i said, on paper the bulls are the best in the east. Mcbuckets, and a healthy derrick added to the only team that was a challenge for Lebron's stacked team? And now Lebron is playing with an overrated pg and a 1 sided player with no depth?

Again, most of this doesnt matter because the west is overpowered with sas, okc, gs, por, and probably hou.

Dragon

Banned
In Dallas' defense, Jameis Winston is still playing after the NCAA and FSU covered up a rape allegation.

And it's an allegation, not a conviction yet.

ShowRogerTheTape.gif

They're both wrong. Maybe they can suspend the Dallas player for shouting pussy in a public place or whatever Winston said to get suspended.

Afrikan

oh boy... did Sanchez get in trouble for that comment?

why would the NFL ok that mic'd up footage?

it's not that serious, but you know the media would love to jump on that.

for those who might not know... Mark said that o'l unoriginal joke.

said to Foles that he's getting a nice tan on the sidelines, while his defense and special teams are doing all the work.

then says Maclin (sitting right next to him) "Maclin don't need no tan... he got a nice one... Stroooooooong Tan"

hahaha smh.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nah, it's not. A lot of NBA-Age posters were sensitive as fuck and couldn't keep themselves from crossing the line.

? NFL age sometimes reads like /b. I used to be post in NBA, really sad that it's dead :( nowhere to talk about the celts. That being said, NBA thread would get a little heated, but never quite like these threads. Don't wanna dredge stuff up since I know it caused quite a few casualties back then and I almost ended up on the list.

Nah, it's not. A lot of NBA-Age posters were sensitive as fuck and couldn't keep themselves from crossing the line.

Idk ultimately I find nfl GAF to be more welcoming and self-checked.

When I first joined GAF I thought you guys were way scarier. I mean you had everyone shitting on GATA, you had FMT ranting like a drunk Irishmen, and you guys had this ":jnc" thing.

(I came from a pretty hostile forum too so I knew it probably take a while to learn the ropes of NFL-GAF)

NBA on the other hand was just .gif central. And LolRaptors, Fuck The Knicks, and Kobe vs LeBron, Kobe vs MJ, Kobe vs the world.... pretty easy to jump into for a new guy.

I mean we all know Kobe doesn't come close to MJ, and prime LeBron is better... lets be honest!

cdyhybrid

? NFL age sometimes reads like /b. I used to be post in NBA, really sad that it's dead :( nowhere to talk about the celts. That being said, NBA thread would get a little heated, but never quite like these threads. Don't wanna dredge stuff up since I know it caused quite a few casualties back then and I almost ended up on the list.

I actually surf 4chan, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that NFL-Age is nowhere near /b/.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I actually surf 4chan, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that NFL-Age is nowhere near /b/.

I didn't say it was like /b I said occasionally it will read like it. There is just absolute absurdity, nasty comments, and ridiculousness coming out of a guy with a brony avatar. It becomes so absurd, random, and from an outside point obnoxious.

Dominated by LA? You know barely more than theCapetan about hockey. lol

Yo, you want to fuck? I'm starting to think you do since you bring me up a lot and always respond to my post that have nothing to do with you. I'm flattered but I don't do dudes. Sorry.

Enjoy being a fan of sports in a state that hasn't seen a championship since people believed G.W. Bush was a competent person.

When I first joined GAF I thought you guys were way scarier. I mean you had everyone shitting on GATA, you had FMT ranting like a drunk Irishmen, and you guys had this ":jnc" thing.

(I came from a pretty hostile forum too so I knew it probably take a while to learn the ropes of NFL-GAF)

NBA on the other hand was just .gif central. And LolRaptors, Fuck The Knicks, and Kobe vs LeBron, Kobe vs MJ, Kobe vs the world.... pretty easy to jump into for a new guy.

I mean we all know Kobe doesn't come close to MJ, and prime LeBron is better... lets be honest!

We all know Pippen is the GOAT

It's just interesting in perspectives because I sensed almost immediately that all the bantering here for the most part is in jest. The old nba GAF, was kinda hardcore and I saw ppl had to "prove" their allegiance to a team or otherwise they were dismissed or lifelong or "Triple Ls." Whereas here no one cares let's just all have fun with each other and watch football

I will say nba GAF improved as time went on and I miss the old crew

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
We all know Pippen is the GOAT

It's just interesting in perspectives because I sensed almost immediately that all the bantering here for the most part is in jest. The old nba GAF, was kinda hardcore and I saw ppl had to "prove" their allegiance to a team or otherwise they were dismissed or lifelong or "Triple Ls." Whereas here no one cares let's just all have fun with each other and watch football

I will say nba GAF improved as time went on and I miss the old crew

Really? Because I just defended both myself and another guy getting called out for not posting often enough lol.

but would u eat my poop?

Do your fact check yet on that camera rule yet?

Hunter S.

Yo, you want to fuck? I'm starting to think you do since you bring me up a lot and always respond to my post that have nothing to do with you. I'm flattered but I don't do dudes. Sorry.

Enjoy being a fan of sports in a state that hasn't seen a championship since people believed G.W. Bush was a competent person.

You are sensitive. I am talking hockey brotha. I have hardly responded to yah ever.

Greg

I didn't say it was like /b I said occasionally it will read like it. There is just absolute absurdity, nasty comments, and ridiculousness coming out of a guy with a brony avatar. It becomes so absurd, random, and from an outside point obnoxious.
Really? Because I just defended both myself and another guy getting called out for not posting often enough lol.
iNZmtF26VCmoX.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Everything I've looked at suggests that it was illegal. So yes. And way to bring up something that discussed last night.

Just wanted a response you called me on it, failed to follow up. It was not illegal to tape the signals of other teams. You can actually still photograph signals, use bicnoulars, do whatever the hell you want to get signals. Prior to 07 you could video, you just couldn't use it during the game, which realistically when would you.

Sad what's going on with Frank Alexander. I watched this dude grow up, and it's upsetting he's letting this opportunity go to waste. I hope he gets his shit together.

GG's Browns gaf. I'll rather see Metz start now!!

Yeah, why the hell did Whitehurst start over him last week? Has everyone there pretty much given up on Locker?

Still gonna be a tough game for the Browns, we haven't won a road contest in a year, but we played our first 3 games extremely tough minus some crappy D.

Top Bottom