• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Mark Schreleth throwing Shade at Alaska on Mike and Mike...That son of a bitch...

I was screaming in my car when they were trying to name great NY hockey players and no one mentioned Messier or Leetch. Hell Gretzkey even played for the Rangers, if you are going to count Dr. J as a NY athlete because he played in NJ for a few years then the great one should count as well.

Tamanon

Banned
I wish the Jags/Steelers game was on locally this week:( I think we can actually be competitive for a few quarters. Shame Shorts is hurt again.

xnipx

One thing I noticed up here though in urban Maryland people are really standoffish. They just kind of refuse to smile or look like they are enjoying life. Even the Pennsylvanians I met were very cheerful upbeat and really fun.

When you say urban maryland what do you mean?

jakncoke

Banned
DM snitched us out to the mods

What a jabroni, I put him in the camel clutch and make him humble

camelclutch.jpg

One thing I noticed up here though in urban Maryland people are really standoffish. They just kind of refuse to smile or look like they are enjoying life. Even the Pennsylvanians I met were very cheerful upbeat and really fun.
I've heard Maryland people are mean. And they've got that awful accent.

Bowser

Kelvin Benjamin aka Starscream (cause he's usurped Megatron yo) named the National Football League Offensive Rookie of the Month

Coincidentally, he'll go up against the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month, CB Kyle Fuller, this Sunday. Should be a great matchup.

rando14

Kelvin Benjamin aka Starscream (cause he's usurped Megatron yo) named the National Football League Offensive Rookie of the Month

Coincidentally, he'll go up against the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month, CB Kyle Fuller, this Sunday. Should be a great matchup.

I haven't been paying attention, has Fuller been shadowing WR1's already? Cause if so that's pretty impressive!!

bionic77

I wish the Jags/Steelers game was on locally this week:( I think we can actually be competitive for a few quarters. Shame Shorts is hurt again.
Competitive?

You could win the game if your team and qb have the balls to take what our defense and coaches are offering. We will keep you in the game but if you want to beat the average you have to reach out and take what is supposed to be yours!

God I wish there was some PED to make Tomlin and the rest of our coaches into smart men (actually Haley is doing a pretty good job this year). Belicheat used cameras but I don't think that is allowed no matter what the Pat fans say. :(

bionic77

Another day, another season on the line game.

Hopefully Teddy won't hurt us too badly.
I picked the Packers in our weekly office pool but why am I suddenly afraid that the Packers could somehow fuck it up?

God it is hard to pick games this year. Everyone sucks.

People in bigger cities tend to not be as kind as folks in smaller towns. It's just the way it goes.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Where did you read that?

If Ponder is starting I would like to use my office elimination pick on the Packers.

Adam Schefter doesn't think Bridgewater is starting and since Cassel is on IR....

I think Ponder took first team reps this week too.

eznark

Banned
Where did you read that?

If Ponder is starting I would like to use my office elimination pick on the Packers.

It's Adam Schefter trying to sound super informed by saying "signs point to" instead of just saying "Bridgewater didn't practice this week"

Team has made no announcements one way or the other

bionic77

It's Adam Schefter trying to sound super informed by saying "signs point to" instead of just saying "Bridgewater didn't practice this week"

Team has made no announcements one way or the other
If he didn't practice it would be insane to play him. He is not a veteran who might be able to get by without practice.

I am guessing he isn't playing either.

zychi

Banned
I picked the Packers in our weekly office pool but why am I suddenly afraid that the Packers could somehow fuck it up?

God it is hard to pick games this year. Everyone sucks.
my buddy is going to the game and is rooting for the packers. he is a reverse jinx at every sporting event he goes to.

eznark

Banned
Personally I'd rather face Bridgewater than Ponder. Capers "too clever by half" method works with guys who don't really have a great grasp of the offense. Ponder is physically limited, but he is generally an ok decision maker. I think Teddy would make more mistakes coming off a short week against a good secondary.

Top Bottom