• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Skele7on

Banned
grats. I wanted to go but ran out of time due to work (ie I wanted to take off that Monday, after the game, to avoid jet lag). Was gonna get two tickets and find a random London babe to take.

Haha, I live in London, so luckily won't get jet lag, but man that sucks, you should have totally come!

That's awesome man, do you live in england, have you been a lions fan for awhile or new NFL fan?

I am indeed from the UK and have been watching NFL for five seasons now.

I know what happens end of the season for a lions fan heartache!

I saw your name and it reminded me of why Larry Fitzgerald's career went down he drain.

:\ sorry.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Oh yeah, that ankle injury he got on Sunday.

Well, I'm playing Rodgers and Nelson this week. Fingers crossed for Flynn.

Pro

If it's raining, it's possible that some of our secondary could get lost or slip and result in busted coverage.

Also fumbles.

I mean we're still talking about the Packers here. I expect us to win too but no game is safe.

Doesn't take rain for that to happen. Really hope Lacy holds onto the ball tonight with the weather. Hope we are game planning for Asiata as well.

Guys what would happen if Tony Romo won a superbowl

My cousin (lives in Dallas) asked me this the other day. What would I do if Romo and the Cowboys won.

I just don't know.

yfmzve.gif

Hot damn. Still going for the PS+ version first since I don't generally get along with racing games but man does the game look great.
Amazing.I cant wait till Tuesday.

bionic77

if Lacy doesn't look decent tonight, I'm officially blaming the concussion
Hasn't it been a month?

That seems like a long time to suck after a concussion. Seems like most teams would put Wes Welker out for practice a few hours after he would get KOed.

Just saying!

Crisco

Banned
There's been this running typo/mistake in a bunch of articles saying Cam has accounted for 1% of the Panthers rushing attack this season. Unfortunately that's not true, or the Panthers would have ~3300 rushing yards so far lol. The real number is 11%, but in a classic display of sports media, the incorrect figure has been repeated in like 6 articles.

Dragon

Banned
It's still locked to 30 if memory serves.

It is, but it looks a ton better on Vita rather than the PS TV, I'm wondering if it's simply my connection isn't good enough on my second floor for the Playstation TV. I'll get a powerline adapter and see if that helps.

Greg

Hasn't it been a month?

That seems like a long time to suck after a concussion. Seems like most teams would put Wes Welker out for practice a few hours after he would get KOed.

Just saying!
he must be suffering from some rare extended post-concussion symptoms!

PS, I went 32-2 yesterday in ping pong

I normally let my uncle in a few games, but this younger guy also played that my uncle has been talking up for the longest time, so I figured I'd go all out

2 1/2 hours of non-stop domination - my shoulder was actually sore this morning

Apparently won't be decided until 90 mins before kickoff. Teddy wants to go, but the Vikes are hesitant.

I think Ponder will end up starting.

I can understand them not wanting to risk a promising rookie coming off a short week and no prep. But as a fan, I have a hard time watching Ponder.

So bad.

Bowser

Rookie with an injury and no practice? What could go wrong?

Well he did practice yesterday, but it was limited participation.

I really don't see how he can go out there tonight having only limited participation in one practice leading up to the game.

Tom Penny

Well he did practice yesterday, but it was limited participation.

I really don't see how he can go out there tonight having only limited participation in one practice leading up to the game.

Megatron doesn't even practice many weeks a year. I don't see the problem.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/j-j-watt-named-afc-defensive-player-of-the-month/

There’s an easy case to be made that Texans defensive end J.J. Watt is having an MVP season.

So the fact he’s the AFC defensive player of the month almost seems anticlimactic.

Watt earned the honor after leading the Texans to a surprising 3-1 mark, filling up the stat sheet in the process.

Take a deep breath, . . . he has 16 quarterback hits, 15 tackles, four tackles for loss, three passes defensed, 2.0 sacks, an interception returned for a touchdown, a blocked extra point and a fumble recovery.

Whew.

Oh, and he caught a touchdown pass too.

But his ability to pressure the quarterback sets him apart, as his 16 hits are more than 13 entire teams and double the second-ranked player.

tumblr_mq25fk4vbn1rvn2ylo1_500.gif

I shall celebrate this achievement by buying some QB crunch ice cream from my local HEB.

Fox318

Why are people blaming the Jets owner for lack of spending?

He has spent money on players and almost always at the cap limit if needed.

Owner gets cheap when paying coaches buy never player payroll.

The GM has been the issue.

Here is a lost of the Good moves made by the gm.

• Traded for Iviory with a 4th round pick
  • Drafted Richardson(reports have confirmed that this was Rex's pick and his top ranked player from the entire 2013 draft class).
  • Brought Gicomini in after fucking up contract talks with with Austin Howard. Signing made up for what could have been a massive mistake.
  • Revis trade
  • Getting 40 mil in cap room and 12 draft picks heading into the 2014 NFL season
  • Decker is a good signing but many teams didn't want him after his super bowl performance. Bidding with himself.
  • Cutting Stephen Hill

Now on to the bad moves

• Mike Goodson signing
  • Calling Dimitri Patterson a professional CB and making him your number one then cutting him
  • Cutting Cromartie for no reason
  • Letting DRC walk out and sign with the Giants
  • Not signing any vet CB, No Vets behind Milliner
  • Making Brian Winters the only viable option at left guard.
  • Not throwing Tampa a 7th for the Revis contract(No guaranteed money!! They had all of the power)
  • Drafting William Campbell (2013)
  • Drafting Dexter McDougle (2014)
  • Drafting Jalen Saunders (2014)
  • Drafting Shaq Evans (2014)
  • Drafting Jeremiah George (2014)
  • Drafting Brandon Dixon (2014)
  • Letting Rex draft Tajh Boyd (2014)
  • Not signing DeSean Jackson
  • No CB depth at all
  • If Rex didn't think of playing Allen at CB the jets would be picking up dudes from the street to play #1 cb
  • Not bringing in any established WRs other than Decker.

Bowser

Now on to the bad moves

• Not throwing Tampa a 7th for the Revis contract(No guaranteed money!! They had all of the power)

Apparently Woody Johnson said no to a Revis reunion:

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, it wasn’t Idzik but owner Woody Johnson who put the proverbial kibosh on the return of Revis. Which means that, while Idzik can be blamed for the failure to get anyone not named Revis, the presence of Revis — who wanted badly to come back to the Jets — on a team other than the Jets can’t be blamed on Idzik.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/28/idzik-criticism-overlooks-the-revis-factor/

No : I want them now!

Oh I know Seriously, he better play...

Hopefully he is just resting for London.
Yeah I am scared ticket master will fuck up or something :(

Where are your seats?

And where will you be travelling from? I live in Wembley so I can't wait to just roll out of bed, throw on my Colts jersey and stroll on down : D

Apparently won't be decided until 90 mins before kickoff. Teddy wants to go, but the Vikes are hesitant.

I think Ponder will end up starting.

Teddy brought Louisville back to win a game with a broken wrist AND a fucked up ankle.
The kid is tough as nails. Now, will the Vikes roll with him anyway? Hard to tell- but if he's cleared to play, let him play. Huge division game. Unfortunately their next game is, as well - against Restore the Roar.

The other thing Pack fans need to be concerned about is Patterson.
The guy is freakish in bad weather and might end up having defenders slipping/sliding all around him. Of course, I probably just jinxed it, but don't forget about the most dangerous and dynamic playmaker currently in MN. He pissed fantasy owners off last week, but I expect him to have a big game tonight.
The two-headed monster of Asiata and McKinnon looked impressive last week, but looked piss-poor against NO & NE. Again, hard to tell which version the Packers will see, but against their run defense it could be a big game for them (especially McKinnon).

As far as the Vikings D... well... rain, snow, or shine I expect Rodgers to get points on the board. It's just what he does. He's also carrying the Favre mantle of "Vikings Killer".
However, this will be the first time the Vikes have played the Pack (and particularly Rodgers) without the dogshit Leslie Frazier special: the Tampa 2.
I expect Zimmer to bring a lot of heat to Rodgers, but better play from Captain Munneryln is critical. X-Rhodes has been impressive, Josh Robinson has been outstanding since moving away from slot D, and, of course, there's Harrison Smith & Anthony Barr who are both monsters.
The Vikes have a powerful front, too.

Should be a great game.
If Ponder plays... well... shit... "great" becomes "interesting". I mean that as nicely as possible. :/

It is, but it looks a ton better on Vita rather than the PS TV, I'm wondering if it's simply my connection isn't good enough on my second floor for the Playstation TV. I'll get a powerline adapter and see if that helps.

Yeah, I'm willing to bet you'll be better off with an ethernet connection over wifi.

Fox318

- Drafting Dee Milliner
I'll give him more time before judging that pick.

Same with Pryor and Amaro.

Bohannon was a pretty great FB pick but nobody uses FBs anymore so he was able to pick a good one in the 7th.
Apparently Woody Johnson said no to a Revis reunion:

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, it wasn’t Idzik but owner Woody Johnson who put the proverbial kibosh on the return of Revis. Which means that, while Idzik can be blamed for the failure to get anyone not named Revis, the presence of Revis — who wanted badly to come back to the Jets — on a team other than the Jets can’t be blamed on Idzik.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/28/idzik-criticism-overlooks-the-revis-factor/

That one doesn't surprise me at all and frankly I don't blame him completely. Revis became a huge fucking problem with wanting to hold out for more money every year.

Jets take care of players they like and players that perform well(Ferguson and Mangold for example).

I haven't seen much of Revis with the patriots but from the posts that I have read he has not lived up to his pay and expectations. Revis may have been the perfect mix of a system and player working fantastically hand in hand.

It would have been better to work things out with Revis but I can't blame him for not wanting to bring him in for Revis's asking price.

eznark

Banned
Teddy brought Louisville back to win a game with a broken wrist AND a fucked up ankle.
The kid is tough as nails. Now, will the Vikes roll with him anyway? Hard to tell- but if he's cleared to play, let him play. Huge division game. Unfortunately their next game is, as well - against Restore the Roar.

The other thing Pack fans need to be concerned about is Patterson.
The guy is freakish in bad weather and might end up having defenders slipping/sliding all around him. Of course, I probably just jinxed it, but don't forget about the most dangerous and dynamic playmaker currently in MN. He pissed fantasy owners off last week, but I expect him to have a big game tonight.
The two-headed monster of Asiata and McKinnon looked impressive last week, but looked piss-poor against NO & NE. Again, hard to tell which version the Packers will see, but against their run defense it could be a big game for them (especially McKinnon).

As far as the Vikings D... well... rain, snow, or shine I expect Rodgers to get points on the board. It's just what he does. He's also carrying the Favre mantle of "Vikings Killer".
However, this will be the first time the Vikes have played the Pack (and particularly Rodgers) without the dogshit Leslie Frazier special: the Tampa 2.
I expect Zimmer to bring a lot of heat to Rodgers, but better play from Captain Munneryln is critical. X-Rhodes has been impressive, Josh Robinson has been outstanding since moving away from slot D, and, of course, there's Harrison Smith & Anthony Barr who are both monsters.
The Vikes have a powerful front, too.

Should be a great game.
If Ponder plays... well... shit... "great" becomes "interesting". I mean that as nicely as possible. :/

Paykurs -3 KINGS O' DA' NORT' 245

bionic77

he must be suffering from some rare extended post-concussion symptoms!

PS, I went 32-2 yesterday in ping pong

I normally let my uncle in a few games, but this younger guy also played that my uncle has been talking up for the longest time, so I figured I'd go all out

2 1/2 hours of non-stop domination - my shoulder was actually sore this morning
You lost 2 matches in a day?

I am not sure you are worthy to play me anymore.

I will check if my little sister is interested in a match with you. She is probably closer to your skill level?

Greg

You lost 2 matches in a day?

I am not sure you are worthy to play me anymore.

I will check if my little sister is interested in a match with you. She is probably closer to your skill level?
I get a pass because they were within the first 8 matches, and it was a new table/location

bionic77

I get a pass because they were within the first 8 matches, and it was a new table/location
The way I play ping pong it is first to 21 by 2.

One match is more than enough to get warmed up. You have at least 21 points to figure it out. More likely something close to double that unless you suck.

You disappoint me Greg.

:(

Pro

I expect Zimmer to bring a lot of heat to Rodgers, but better play from Captain Munneryln is critical. X-Rhodes has been impressive, Josh Robinson has been outstanding since moving away from slot D, and, of course, there's Harrison Smith & Anthony Barr who are both monsters. The Vikes have a powerful front, too.

We still have Bulaga for at least half a game.

Greg

The way I play ping pong it is first to 21 by 2.

One match is more than enough to get warmed up. You have at least 21 points to figure it out. More likely something close to double that unless you suck.

You disappoint me Greg.

:(
maybe if you're playing bums that don't adjust

bionic77

maybe if you're playing bums that don't adjust
Or maybe it doesn't matter when you are that good!

My backhand is as strong as my forehand (which is a smash waiting to happen). There is no adjustment against me. You have only to choose the method of your destruction and then hope that I miss. And much like me hoping that the Steelers defense will make a stop or tackle someone, that is one wish that rarely comes true. :(

eznark

Banned
Or maybe it doesn't matter when you are that good!

My backhand is as strong as my forehand (which is a smash waiting to happen). There is no adjustment against me. You have only to choose the method of your destruction and then hope that I miss. And much like me hoping that the Steelers defense will make a stop or tackle someone, that is one wish that rarely comes true. :(

The secret is to slow the game down so that bionic's wife calls and asks where the fuck he is and why all the chores she gave him aren't done yet.

Then he screams, speeds away, and forfeits.

Top Bottom