• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Charles Johnson and Jonathan Stewart again didn't practice today, looking doubtful for this week's game.

Healthy non-suspended DE's on the roster: Addison/Horton/Ealy

Healthy non-suspended RB's on the roster: Reaves/Obi-Wan Kenobi/Whittaker/Poole

Adjust your fantasy lineups accordingly.

cdyhybrid

Brock Huard @BrockESPN · 2m
Thx to @SandoESPN for the numbers: Seahawks 2 Back Run Game is avg. 8.3 Att./Game for 3.1 yds/carry 1 Back Run: 19 Att/game for 6.2 ypc!

Feed the Beast, Bevell!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You said if a thread is like this thread it usually gets shut down. That is completely ridiculous. People are always going to shit talk other teams. It is basically the point of sports threads.

So that means I want it to get shut down? The community threads are decidedly lenient compared to gaming threads. Not sure where you're getting this idea that the trolling in gaming threads gets more out of hand, People are getting banned in the drive club thread for saying they prefer FH2. I got banned a few weeks ago for saying that Michael Sam thread was garbage.

edit- point being if you didn't get it, I like that I can speak my mind without worrying that I crossed that line. Sometimes people take advantage of that. The NBA thread ended because somebody who didn't like the way it played out decided to complain to someone.

jakncoke

Banned
Charles Johnson and Jonathan Stewart again didn't practice today, looking doubtful for this week's game.

Didnt you cut Poole?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why do the panthers spend half their cap on RBs and not run the ball?

Sounds similar to the pats, activating 5 RBs and only 3 mediocre WR. Cam got no weapons in the offseason, yet they continue to go to the air. The difference I would say though, is the pats actually have some decently talented backs... I really don't think CAR does at this point.

So that means I want it to get shut down? The community threads are decidedly lenient compared to gaming threads. Not sure where you're getting this idea that the trolling in gaming threads gets more out of hand, People are getting banned in the drive club thread for saying they prefer FH2. I got banned a few weeks ago for saying that Michael Sam thread was garbage.

edit- point being if you didn't get it, I like that I can speak my mind without worrying that I crossed that line. Sometimes people take advantage of that. The NBA thread ended because somebody who didn't like the way it played out decided to complain to someone.

I guess I dont get the point of you saying that threads like this normally get locked. It isnt true at all, one sports thread got locked and it was a totally different situation. No one was being a dick to anyone or doing anything to get a thread locked so I really having no idea where you were going with that comment.

jakncoke

Banned
You're right. I had to consult an old roster because I no longer know who's actually healthy and who's not anymore.

He's on the PS

At this rate you're going to break the record for most different players having a carry in a season for a team . You'll have like D3 players that are like 36 running the ball by week 13, maybe even a gaffer can get a 1 year deal and 15 minutes of fame!

Gata reign in your cousin.

I guess I dont get the point of you saying that threads like this normally get locked. It isnt true at all, one sports thread got locked and it was a totally different situation. No one was being a dick to anyone or doing anything to get a thread locked so I really having no idea where you were going with that comment.

Don't you understand?? Saying the Patriots are cheaters or that Tom Brady is washed up is trolling, not having an alternative opinion.

Trolling must be regulated.

TheFatOne

Dragon wins!

So far he has been right on the money with Dobson. Still early, but if this continues then he's going to be a bust.

Edit: Quick note Shalise Mansa Young is the reporter who reported this, and she is extremely reliable. She's not one to put up bullshit. If she has a source then it's legit.

Crisco

Banned
I would rather pay Cam Newton $40M/year then give another dime to the RBs and defensive ends(sorry CJ, play better) on our current roster.

the world would be a happier place if we all listened to metal

I played some Dillinger Escape Plan for my Calc III class the other day. I always try to do something different to show them different ways that people use mathematics in the real world.

Bowser

And drank coffee. Had a big mug this morning and feel like a million bucks!

What are your thoughts on Russ confirming he's a thug? Also being an editor of a website for Derek Jeter, thus confirming his intentions to play in the Concrete Jungle after his rookie contract is up?

the world would be a happier place if we all listened to metal
I know! Your consistently positive attitude is strong evidence for the positive effect of extreme metal on one's mind and soul. Too bad people are lame.

I listened to Black Crown Initiate some, they are super good. Not sure how I feel about the clean vocals yet but otherwise that is some quality stuff.

In other news I'm trying to find a babysitter for this weekend, I just found out Norma Jean is playing 45 minutes away from me on Saturday. My wife and I really want to go, I hope it works out!

I played some Dillinger Escape Plan for my Calc III class the other day. I always try to do something different to show them different ways that people use mathematics in the real world.
You are a good man. Also, Unretrofied is now in my head and will be for the rest of the day.

ShaneB

Yeah, I picked up Reaves, and been debating to fit him in as my flex option, or take a chance on Patterson tonight :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Anybody ever seen that crappy movie the benchwarmers? I wonder if somebody was holding it over Russ' head so he decided to be the one to break it, spin it in a positive light :p

Some of the posts in this thread are starting to remind me of the kind of stuff that was being thrown around in the NBA thread right before someone ran to a mod and got the whole thread shut down (the most recent time it was shut down, not the previous two times).

cdyhybrid

Ah, I'll have to read the whole thing. Anyway, these are my thoughts:

Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I've always looked up to Russell, and I always will.

Kids do stupid shit all the time, whatever. He seems to have moved past it now! Tebow saved his soul.

Top Bottom