• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

There is nothing wrong with the NFL thread. The first rule of these kinds of threads is not to take game day shit-talk personally. It sometimes turns into a situation where someone calls someone else names.

Also, this thread is very boisterous, but things rarely go beyond sarcastic jabs. Even joke posters don't get entirely shit on. The Gata is the most frequent poster and he probably receives the most shit, but there is a give and take.

This is nothing like the NBA thread or some anonymous image board. No one in here is really confrontational. For the most, part we are all laid back except for a few moments of arguments and stuff, but we all recognize that we are football nerds or fanatics. People should approach the community in that way. It's not like the rest of GAF where you have to constantly be on guard or destroy your opponent if you disagree with them. The stakes are lower in the fort.

Just be cool. The comments towards different people are in-jokes. There isn't a lot of actual malice involved in our banter. If you looked from the outside, you may not pick up the context.

I lurk a lot more than I post (like I do the rest of GAF) and even from the outside I can pick up the context here. I don't detect actual malice in the NFL threads really ever, it's more just funny insults.

The only legitimate assholery in this thread comes from that Dolphins guy that all the other dolphins dudes in this thread disavow.

Fantomex

So many mods regularly browse this thread and we've yet to get a warning. Chill out, threads not getting canned. People are trolling you guys. Bish doesn't have a problem with it that I ever known, neither has Wes and neither the late great Hitokage. It's all good.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hence why he couldnt beat Jordan even though he was the better player.

meh that was later on.

Wilt Chamberlain notoriously known for it. Then again the competition back then was not the same.

wilt is also known as a massive underachiever for not winning more given how he dominated. Bill Russell was the king of that era. i was thinking of him as the first example with his claims of sexual escapades, but he kinda supports the sex theory.

cdyhybrid

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4s5 seconds ago
Got a press release from the NFL Refs Association saying NFL is publicly saying refs getting calls wrong but grading them correct internally

#FireGoodell

JABEE

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4s5 seconds ago
Got a press release from the NFL Refs Association saying NFL is publicly saying refs getting calls wrong but grading them correct internally

#FireGoodell

The Nick Foles hit seems to be a case of this happening.

Also, that prayer one was questionable. He slid to the ground. No one knew he was going to turn it into a prayer.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So many mods regularly browse this thread and we've yet to get a warning. Chill out, threads not getting canned. People are trolling you guys. Bish doesn't have a problem with it that I ever known, neither has Wes and neither the late great Hitokage. It's all good.

I think there was that week where the streets got hot in here.

This was the gif of that time:

stare.gif

zychi

Banned
I still find it pretty hard to believe a good looking guy like Tebow is possibly still a virgin.

He has probably had crazy amounts of pussy thrown his way. I have been to UF on several occasions and can confirm there are a ton of hotties there.

I wonder how they feel when he turns down their advances.

FOR REFERENCE SFW:
7uN9tg_UEYZg3bZrKuUHCvR6u7-wpX_sa6wqeVcJwwnYPVIK9MgqI3En2I-V0z3FiXXPKjQbNdYqG6pvvF1_1K_iTiFc0xIpJKkiZSuDkVxYSyr7LOfYureVEUBvgUoTd2KE_sTX=w490-h368-nc

I personally think he's just gay and won't come out because of his religious beliefs. Either way, keep doing whatever you want Tebow in the sex department. Praise Tebow.

Bowser

This is how badly we're hurting on D-line:

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1h1 hour ago
Rivera says DTs Kawann Short and Star Lotulelei & LB Jason Williams took reps at defensive end during practice today.

GmguA3m.gif

bionic77

Prince supposedly was celibate before marrying and consummating it. His wife is also hot from what I have read.
I am pretty sure he was banging Carmen Electra and most of the USA before he got married.

Where the hell did you hear that?

Sounds faker than Gata's story of being a high school graduate.

Hence why he couldnt beat Jordan even though he was the better player.
How much did MS pay you to say this?

Everyone knows that MJ knew he would never win an NBA title while a healthy Magic Johnson stood in his way. So that bastard used Magic's one and only weakness (inability to say no to sex with 5 attractive women at the same time) against him. Of course one of those girls had AIDS which MJ gave to her instead of a tip.

bionic77

Magic Johnson was an extraordinary individual. I believe this is one of the reasons why Bionic admires Magic so greatly.
He really was and remains an amazing person.

Magic is a generous man at heart and just can't say no to people. He can't say no to people who want an autograph. He can't say no to a teammate who wants the ball. He can't say no to millions of beautiful woman who want his powerful seed.

Jordan was never a giving guy. He was always all about himself.

The one and only thing I believe Magic was never able to do was get AC Green laid. But hey he is only human!

Bowser

Star's got some quickness to him, no? That might not be so bad. Cullen Jenkins plays end for us at times and does pretty well with it.

Short's our best pass rusher on the interior - I have higher hopes for him working as an end than I do Star. I think it's moreso that we came into the year looking like we had stout front 7 with CJ/Hardy/Frank Alexander as our top 3 ends, and basically all of those guys are either too stupid (Hardy/Alexander) or hurt (CJ) to contribute and we need to rely on guys playing out of position.

I think Rivera said we might try to throw some hybrid 3-4 looks into the gameplan if CJ can't go (Rivera said he would be back practicing tomorrow and expects him to play, but he said the same about Cam Week 1 and Davis last week, so who knows).

If we go 3-4, I'd think Star would play nose, Short and Dwan Edwards at ends, and Addison and Horton as stand up OLBs/pass rushers. Can't imagine we'd play this way for much of the game though, maybe a handful of snaps here and there to throw off Cutler.

cdyhybrid

I am pretty sure he was banging Carmen Electra and most of the USA before he got married.

Where the hell did you hear that?

Sounds faker than Gata's story of being a high school graduate.

I assumed they were talking about Prince Amukamara on the Giants.

Prince the rock legend has probably slayed more vag than half of the US combined.

Crisco

Banned
Short's our best pass rusher on the interior - I have higher hopes for him working as an end than I do Star. I think it's moreso that we came into the year looking like we had stout front 7 with CJ/Hardy/Frank Alexander as our top 3 ends, and basically all of those guys are either too stupid (Hardy/Alexander) or hurt (CJ) to contribute and we need to rely on guys playing out of position.

I think Rivera said we might try to throw some hybrid 3-4 looks into the gameplan if CJ can't go (Rivera said he would be back practicing tomorrow and expects him to play, but he said the same about Cam Week 1 and Davis last week, so who knows).

If we go 3-4, I'd think Star would play nose, Short and Dwan Edwards at ends, and Addison and Horton as stand up OLBs/pass rushers. Can't imagine we'd play this way for much of the game though, maybe a handful of snaps here and there to throw off Cutler.

Jesus fucking christ, we're going to have to score 40 points.

bionic77

I assumed they were talking about Prince Amukamara on the Giants.

Prince the rock legend has probably slayed more vag than half of the US combined.
My mistake I thought we were talking about Prince the rock legend not the nobody on the Giants who has a name that reminds me of Coming to America.

JABEE

My mistake I thought we were talking about Prince the rock legend not the nobody on the Giants who has a name that reminds me of Coming to America.
You thought I was saying Prince, the musician, was a celibate? I would guess that Prince was an all-time player. :jnc

zychi

Banned
After 10 years, I think he is grandfathered in to be allowed.

10 years of MJ dissing posts? Should have ran out of material by now.

Minister bionic should be allowed to continue to spread the gospel of Magic and Tebow.

I shall not stand for the squashing of his first amendment rights!

He can talk Tebow and Magic all he wants. Just limit the MJ talk. His tag even refers to how much he over posts about MJ

bionic77

You're so hurtful.
I have been one of the biggest supporters of the Giants as they truly are the heroes of the NFL, stopping Tammy from her first SB on 2 separate occasions.

But call this dude by his last name.

No one else can take the name Prince without doing something historically amazing and badass. Being a CB on a shit defense doesn't qualify!

brentech

Just got my 100 visa card for signing up for DirecTV.
I get 150 back from Bank of America after my second bill here shortly through their own promotion.
And now my neighbor just used me as a referral which gets us both 100 off (10/mo) over 10 months.

So not only is it cheaper than my cable provider, I'm practically making money. Nothing quite like a company that realllllly wants customers.

JABEE

I have been one of the biggest supporters of the Giants as they truly are the heroes of the NFL, stopping Tammy from her first SB on 2 separate occasions.

No one else can take the name Prince without doing something historically amazing and badass. Being a CB on a shit defense doesn't qualify!
I didn't want to mess up the spelling

cdyhybrid

You are correct that taking the name Prince does mean you have gigantic shoes to fill, but in the Giants player's defense, he is an actual prince.

Fantomex

Just got my 100 visa card for signing up for DirecTV.
I get 150 back from Bank of America after my second bill here shortly through their own promotion.
And now my neighbor just used me as a referral which gets us both 100 off (10/mo) over 10 months.

So not only is it cheaper than my cable provider, I'm practically making money. Nothing quite like a company that realllllly wants customers.

I got that deal too! Plus free NFL Sunday Ticket

Top Bottom