• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I listen to Jethro Tull all the time, bro.

He said metal, like linkin park or good charlotte LOL, newb.

edit- I want to make it clear to everyone right now! I'm the worst kind of devils advocate I will argue with anything and everyone until I'm blue in the face. Do not take anything I say to heart, do not take it as if I'm mad or frustrated. I enjoy arguing/discussing! I love the NFL threads do not want them to get shut down, please don't take what I've said out of context!

jakncoke

Banned
Some of the posts in this thread are starting to remind me of the kind of stuff that was being thrown around in the NBA thread right before someone ran to a mod and got the whole thread shut down (the most recent time it was shut down, not the previous two times).

Made me chuckle, pretty wild how many times they got shut down and never learned till they spun off lol

Yeah, I picked up Reaves, and been debating to fit him in as my flex option, or take a change on Patterson tonight :(

I would've picked up the Bears D if I were you.

Not trying to completely shit on my team, but we can't run the ball and Cam's bound to throw a pick or two eventually, especially as we get more and more desperate.

The Panthers are going to be in 3rd and long on every drive because the running game is so cheeks.

Ah, I'll have to read the whole thing. Anyway, these are my thoughts:

Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I've always looked up to Russell, and I always will.

Kids do stupid shit all the time, whatever. He seems to have moved past it now! Tebow saved his soul.
We should ask his ex wife if he was a bully.

Bridgewater a game time decision, and if it rains they're not going to risk him aggravating the injury

Friends, what would be a better scary time: watching a horror movie marathon, or watching the Vikings TNF game?

eznark

Banned

edit- I want to make it clear to everyone right now! I'm the worst kind of devils advocate I will argue with anything and everyone until I'm blue in the face. Do not take anything I say to heart, do not take it as if I'm mad or frustrated. I enjoy arguing/discussing! I love the NFL threads do not want them to get shut down, please don't take what I've said out of context!

jethro-tull-flute.jpg

Ronnie James Dio got nothing on Ian Anderson

The year they got the grammy for best metal over Metallica was so nuts.
The only good decision the Grammy's ever made.

Doomsayer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-coach-jim-harbaugh-thrives-chaos-difficulty

"There's a saying by Ralph Waldo Emerson," he says. "'As long as all that's written is said against me, then I feel a certain assurance of success. If people are heaping flowery words of praise upon me, then I feel exposed to my enemies.'"

Now I'm the one staring blankly. Seconds pass.

He says it again: "As long as all that's written is said against me, then I feel a certain assurance of success."

Then, he hands me the ball as a souvenir and says, "I prefer that."

That's my coach...
for two more years

jakncoke

Banned
Bridgewater a game time decision, and if it rains they're not going to risk him aggravating the injury

Friends, what would be a better scary time: watching a horror movie marathon, or watching the Vikings TNF game?

Not going to lie, Im going to watch something from netflix horror section instead of watching another 20+ win.

Greg

I know! Your consistently positive attitude is strong evidence for the positive effect of extreme metal on one's mind and soul. Too bad people are lame.

I listened to Black Crown Initiate some, they are super good. Not sure how I feel about the clean vocals yet but otherwise that is some quality stuff.

In other news I'm trying to find a babysitter for this weekend, I just found out Norma Jean is playing 45 minutes away from me on Saturday. My wife and I really want to go, I hope it works out!
yeah, the cleans feel a little forced at times, but they grew on me (and are pretty spaced out anyways)

find that sitter! Norma Jean was great both times I've seen them. I just looked up the tour they're on, and Night Verses is also great. I've never seen them live, but the drummer is amazing, and the recordings have some good energy.

I listen to Jethro Tull all the time, bro.
that's rock!

if you aren't tempted to complete a blood ritual after you listen, it's not metal enough

In another thread some gafers were saying that some of Christopher Lee's metal stuff was actually good. I always meant to check it out since I like him so much as an actor.

ShaneB

I would've picked up the Bears D if I were you.

Not trying to completely shit on my team, but we can't run the ball and Cam's bound to throw a pick or two eventually, especially as we get more and more desperate.

The Panthers are going to be in 3rd and long on every drive because the running game is so cheeks.

This current issue is for Stafford is Fat, which I feel ok with the Steelers as my DEF for the week against Jax. Just a matter of seeing what my flex option will be since I'm feeling decent with the other stuff.

In terms of metal, Revocation's new album is out soon, that should be good times.

Pro

Lol I wouldn't categorize pre-teen punk rock like Linkin Park and Good Charlotte with the likes of real metal (Dream Theater, Kamelot, A7X, Seventh Wonder, Symphony X etc...). They've probably never written a song over 5 minutes long.

bionic77

Prince is defying Bionic's virgin rule
You can still do your job and succeed in life while having sex.

But in general in sports desire matters a lot. I strongly believe that fucking a hot woman is going to satisfy something inside you and take away that desire to have to win on the field. Probably to a small degree but that extra amount of desire is often the different between winning and losing, living and dying, etc. So in general hot women are not great for sports success. People have succeeded with a hot woman at their side but I think it makes things harder.

You cannot reach your ultimate form in sports while having sex with hot women.

Everything else equal or close to equal the virgin will win every single time. Because he has the extra desire to use that win or championship or whatever to get laid the way the former and current champ is.

It is unclear if having sex with uggos is a way around this rule.

Greg

Greg Jennings apparently doesn't miss Green Bay

I'm reading between the lines a bit but I'm getting the impression he's trying to convince himself Minnesota is better.
"Honestly, to be honest, no," Jennings said. "It doesn't because -- and this is sincerity right here -- it really has nothing to do with football. From a football standpoint, I would have loved to have finished my career out in Green Bay, but from where I am spiritually and where I am with my family and the growth that we've had because of what we have around us educationally -- and there was some great educational systems there, as well -- but this is a step up for us.
the words of a man who is lost

he can't even put together a coherent sentence

Sephzilla

the words of a man who is lost

he can't even put together a coherent sentence

This, gentlemen, is what happens to a former star who realizes he made an awful career choice.

I wonder if he regrets not sticking with Green Bay or just signing with the Vikings and pretty much dooming his stats for the rest of his career.

Sephzilla

If you read between the space that is in between the area that is between the lines you can see that the reason he doesn't miss Minnesota is because Rodgers is a prima donna asshole and it is relief not to have to deal with his ego or him being a douche.

Prima donna asshole who got Greg paid

At least address him properly.

Spinluck

It doesn't surprise me that Wussle had a wittle man complex.

There has to be some type of dirt on Luck. He sometimes has that smile that makes you think he could have people tied up in his basement, but you sort of wave it off and think it's too crazy.

Now that we know Wussle is a confirmed thug, anything is possible.

Pro

If you read between the space that is in between the area that is between the lines you can see that the reason he doesn't miss Minnesota is because Rodgers is a prima donna asshole and it is relief not to have to deal with his ego or him being a douche.

If I remember correctly Jenning's sister was doing the whole prima donna thing saying Aaron wasn't throwing to Jennings enough and he was rolling with that. Get over yourself old man and make room for the Jordys and Randalls who have your number.

When you're the second-best QB in the game (Stafford being the best, and young to boot), you're more likely to develop an ego. Happens all the time to athletes, they think they're entitled people. Some even think women are property and will drag them off to bathrooms and rape them!

Spinluck

But in general in sports desire matters a lot. I strongly believe that fucking a hot woman is going to satisfy something inside you and take away that desire to have to win on the field. Probably to a small degree but that extra amount of desire is often the different between winning and losing, living and dying, etc. So in general hot women are not great for sports success. People have succeeded with a hot woman at their side but I think it makes things harder.

Everything else equal or close to equal the virgin will win every single time. Because he has the extra desire to use that win or championship or whatever to get laid the way the former and current champ is.

I still find it pretty hard to believe a good looking guy like Tebow is possibly still a virgin.

He has probably had crazy amounts of pussy thrown his way. I have been to UF on several occasions and can confirm there are a ton of hotties there.

I wonder how they feel when he turns down their advances.

FOR REFERENCE SFW:
7uN9tg_UEYZg3bZrKuUHCvR6u7-wpX_sa6wqeVcJwwnYPVIK9MgqI3En2I-V0z3FiXXPKjQbNdYqG6pvvF1_1K_iTiFc0xIpJKkiZSuDkVxYSyr7LOfYureVEUBvgUoTd2KE_sTX=w490-h368-nc

eznark

Banned
that's rock!

if you aren't tempted to complete a blood ritual after you listen, it's not metal enough

If you are telling me the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences doesn't know metal I am calling you an idiot, sir.

JABEE

There is nothing wrong with the NFL thread. The first rule of these kinds of threads is not to take game day shit-talk personally. It sometimes turns into a situation where someone calls someone else names.

Also, this thread is very boisterous, but things rarely go beyond sarcastic jabs. Even joke posters don't get entirely shit on. The Gata is the most frequent poster and he probably receives the most shit, but there is a give and take.

This is nothing like the NBA thread or some anonymous image board. No one in here is really confrontational. For the most, part we are all laid back except for a few moments of arguments and stuff, but we all recognize that we are football nerds or fanatics. People should approach the community in that way. It's not like the rest of GAF where you have to constantly be on guard or destroy your opponent if you disagree with them. The stakes are lower in the fort.

Just be cool. The comments towards different people are in-jokes. There isn't a lot of actual malice involved in our banter. If you looked from the outside, you may not pick up the context.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lol I wouldn't categorize pre-teen punk rock like Linkin Park and Good Charlotte with the likes of real metal (Dream Theater, Kamelot, A7X, Seventh Wonder, Symphony X etc...). They've probably never written a song over 5 minutes long.

have you ever heard of sarcasm?

also yrah i heard Chris Lee shreds, just love that album cover.

JABEE

Prince supposedly was celibate before marrying and consummating it. His wife is also hot from what I have read.

Hunter S.

I still find it pretty hard to believe a good looking guy like Tebow is possibly still a virgin.

He has probably had crazy amounts of pussy thrown his way. I have been to UF on several occasions and can confirm there are a ton of hotties there.

I wonder how they feel when he turns down their advances.

FOR REFERENCE SFW: ]

I doubt he is too. He just did not say, "Hey, world, I fucked a fine ass bitch last night!!!" Seriously though, I heard he says as long as it is anal you are still a virgin.

Pro

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of sports millionaires are banging sexy women all the time and someone wins every year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

But in general in sports desire matters a lot. I strongly believe that fucking a hot woman is going to satisfy something inside you and take away that desire to have to win on the field. Probably to a small degree but that exntra amount of desire is often the different between winning and losing, living and dying, etc. So in general hot women are not great for sports success. People have succeeded with a hot woman at their side but I think it makes things harder.

wait... magic Johnson had massive amounts of sex.

Top Bottom