• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

mue9VKs.png

They said that they were kings...
cehsCBj.png
2f1ov3C.png
Ojdhs88.png

But instead they were frauds.
dxeJ8C8.png
L5kaykc.png
UNQZKt1.png

They said that they were dead...
RolYYnF.png
4yXiaXZ.png
1OFXSSF.png

But instead they were alive.
cdwMZnR.png
0BqdwG5.png
vn4H6z4.png

They said that they were different...
ppj5xIJ.png
epXPKV8.png
qS7vW6V.png

But instead they were who we thought they were.

Yahoo Pick'em League
Group ID: 5588
Password: neogaf
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Pick'em League - Confidence
Group ID: 48829
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Survival League
Group ID: 19285
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Coverage Maps
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=6

THE NFLGAF DESTINY CLAN by Jabee
Join the NFLGAF Destiny Clan! If you were in the BETA, Make sure you set this group as your clan again! You have to play the game first! This is for both Xbox One and PS4 players!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/119656

NFL-GAF NNID/PSN/XBL/Steam names
Quote for link to Google doc

NFL-GAF IRC
http://t.co/TN8BbqlrMS for mibbit
irc server is studio64.yi.org #nfl-gaf

Week 6 Picks
IND @ HOU

NE @ BUF
BAL @ TB
PIT @ CLE
CAR @ CIN
DEN @ NYJ
DET @ MIN
GB @ MIA
JAX @ TEN

SD @ OAK
CHI @ ATL
DAL @ SEA
WAS @ ARI

NYG @ PHI

SF @ STL

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
so the steelers ran a play specifically to extend antonion browns streak of 50 yard catches?

Bowser

IND @ HOU

NE @ BUF
BAL @ TB
PIT @ CLE
CAR @ CIN
DEN @ NYJ
DET @ MIN
GB @ MIA
JAX @ TEN

SD @ OAK
CHI @ ATL
DAL @ SEA
WAS @ ARI

NYG @ PHI

SF @ STL

I like a lot of road teams this week :3

Yay new thread.

Rather be a bad 4-1 than a good 1-4 or 2-3 or 3-2.

I am carrying this over from the old thread. I would much rather be a good 3-2, or 2-3 team right now. Give me a team that is playing well in all phases but has just had some bad luck to lose some games, then this fucking mess we have now. The D is wildly inconsistent, the offense is straight up garbage, and the coaching has been terrible so far. It is an insane fluke that they have somehow managed to be 4-1 so far, but it cant keep up. They need to play much better going forward and I doubt foles has it in him.

Farooq

Banned
I talked about how Romo's pump slowed Manning's blitz. It could have been a delayed blitz, but to me it seems that Manning is reacting to Romo's pump thinking the ball is coming out early.

Romo1.gif

Or maybe I am making shit up and it really was just a delayed blitz.

Greg

Thanks for the thread, Act!

Not generally a big racing game type of guy but if the driving model is as good as folks are saying I might get caught up in it. PGR (specifically PGR4) is like the god king of racers for me and has been for a very long time. Driveclub being consistently compared to it sparked my interest. How does it hold up in that regard?
PGR2 was the last I played of that series I think, and that was years ago, so I can't use that as a reference

it's weird - the steering and collisions are very arcade-like (really responsive, bumping AI won't ruin you), but the braking/throttle control is more towards the sim side

Are you telling me this is Golf Club but for cars? Because now I am even more excited.
if it was the cars version of The Golf Club, I would be happy if I finished in the middle of the pack every race!

ShaneB

A new thread always means it's one more week closer to football being over before we know it :(

Figured the Chiefs would be 2-3 at the Bye, and that's exactly where we are. Scared to face the Chargers in week 7.

go bye week! I guess since it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada, it's good timing since I'll likely be at relatives on Sunday.

Love that theme, gets me pumped when I hear it in Madden 15 too.

kelcejig.0.gif

MechDX

If you are complaining about your teams record Mech you CAN SWAP WITH THE JETS.

Not the record. I don't see a wildcard coming out of the AFCS and we don't exactly have a spectacular record in Indy so we must beat them at home this week.

5 catch games and probably. Do you forget when we spammed Hines Ward to get him 1000 career catches?
Screen pass to Hines within the first two possessions was an automatic.

Great OP, Striker.

Go Steelers!
I think you'll lose this week.

Fox, why is my Harrison avy not in the claimed list?

Zeke

Good op, pretty hyped about the Seahawks game. I can easily see Dallas dropping this one if they get behind early. When that happens Garrett starts unleashing dragons. Can't abdoned the run game.

Crisco

Banned
I like the matchup against the Bengals now that Kuechly and TD are back in form. The key will be getting points on the board early. Dalton isn't going to give the game away like Cutler so we have to maintain control throughout.

JABEE

Nevermind. Davis was referring to practice today. He's still day to day. Davis hopes Ryans will be ready for Sunday.

Farooq

Banned
Good op, pretty hyped about the Seahawks game. I can easily see Dallas dropping this one if they get behind early. When that happens Garrett starts unleashing dragons. Can't abdoned the run game.

I am pumped about this teams 3rd down conversion percentage. In the Cowboys pre-season write up I wrote about how the woes of the offense stemmed from how shitty they were on third downs. They seem to be a lot better this year.

After 5 games in 2013:
  • 53 third down attempts
  • Average yards to go was 7.4
  • Conversion percentage was 38.5% (ranked 13th)

After 5 games in 2014:
  • 63 third down attempts
  • Average yards to go is 6.3
  • Conversion percentage is 55.6% (ranked 1st)

They are doing a much better job on first and second downs, and it may not seem like it but 6.3 yards to go for your average third down is very good.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 3h3 hours ago
As @JaysonBraddock pointed out yesterday. The #Texans are going to place Ricky Sapp on the IR to sign John Simon off the Ravens Psqaud.

We signed an OLB from the Ravens PS. Shame we have a first and second round draft pick as starters at that position that can not do shit

I'm actually feeling pretty good going into this Eagles game.

The only thing that truly scares me about the Eagles is their special teams unit. Specifically because our special teams play has ranged from generally poor to downright disastrous.

That's not to say it'll be easy. Divisional games against the Eagles rarely are.

They are doing a much better job on first and second downs, and it may not seem like it but 6.3 yards to go for your average third down is very good.
The wonders of having a running game.

eznark

Banned
Golden Tate, the guy who still crows about his game winning interception, calling you a douche?

Ouch, Schwartz.

Top Bottom