• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

RBH

942242167362533550.gif

JNA

Banned
I was watching at a Buffalo Wild Wings. Only Packer fan in the crowded place but I still cheered like a dork. My phone died somewhere after halftime though.

I also learned that in a "neutral" setting, people cheer as much for fantasy football as they do their teams.

Indeed. Fantasy football has gotten HUGE! ESPN is treating it like a whole different sport on their channel lol.

It kinda freaks me out. FF use to be just fun and stuff...now it's super serious business. Especially when sites like Fan Dual exist.

Tom Penny

WAT?

In what world is Russell Wilson not an elite young quarterback? Name a better young QB, especially one that's won more with less. Andrew Luck doesn't count by the way due to the hall of fame receiver, veteran running back, valuable first round pick running back, and veteran defense he entered the league with.

Elite QBs make the talent around them better. Andrew (that's the only young QB in this discussion other than Kaep) has a solid core of veteran receivers. Meanwhile Russ out there with the guy the 9ers cut. Andrew Luck is the single most overrated overhyped QB I've ever seen.

Kirk Cousins FUCKING SUCKS. I want that Washington football team to start him every week with RG3 healthy. Pander to the sect of that fan base that wants a "traditional quarterback" that is far more "cerebral" and "passionate". Kirk is worth at least 20 fantasy football points a week with all that Favresque gunslinging.

A+ would read again.

Farooq

Banned
Dallas did good with Frederick and Martin basically being plug and play. Jerry took so much crap for the Fredrick pick but he nailed it. No one is over-drafted if the guy can play

They also picked up Williams with the extra pick (from the trade back). Williams has been money as well. That was a very good draft for the Cowboys.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damn Seattle's that good that they'll win another division.

The NFC West is garbage. The worst division in a stacked NFC. Hopefully the Lambs pull out a victory against the 49ers tomorrow so we can start seeing them break from the seams because everyone knows Harbs is gone after this year.

And the Cardinals....like I said paper tiger. You're not going anywhere with Carson Palmer as your QB. Not in the NFC. They've got a tough schedule ahead, including against us. Our front 7 will demolish that statue when we see him.

iori9999

Banned
The Lions need to fix our Oline issues this week and consider putting Travis Swanson in for Robbie Simms. Simms had to face Marcel Dareus last week so I can let him slide for that performance but the pressure Stafford got from the blitzing up the middle today was ridiculous. Lombardi will make the necessary adjustments, hopefully we have Bush back next week so we can counter the blitzing with screen passes or draws. Theo Riddicks' hamstring will probably be an issue all year and I think we should rest Megatron till after the bye week.

Sims has sucked lately, but there were times in the last two weeks where Stafford held the ball like a loaf of bread.. I'm not sure if the WR core just sucks without Calvin, or Stafford simply can't stare down his go to man and doesn't trust anyone else.. But the offense looks very inept without megatron..

With that said, they could counter this by running Joique Bell more and relying on the running game and defense to control the game until all the weapons heal up.. Also you have adjusting to the new offensive scheme from Lombardi.. I just don't think Ebron will be a huge factor until later into the season.. TEs rarely make an instant impact..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The NFC West is garbage. The worst division in a stacked NFC. Hopefully the Lambs pull out a victory against the 49ers tomorrow so we can start seeing them break from the seams because everyone knows Harbs is gone after this year.

And the Cardinals....like I said paper tiger. You're not going anywhere with Carson Palmer as your QB. Not in the NFC. They've got a tough schedule ahead, including against us. Our front 7 will demolish that statue when we see him.

You know the NFC South is a thing still right?

cajunator

Banned
I actually didnt mind Seattle back in the Hasselbeck days. They were still really good but Holmgren was likeable. My disdain started basically when Pete Carroll took over and the team started acting invincible and Dick Sherman started running his mouth. I dont mind Russell Wilson hes pretty humble about his success and Lynch is just a monster but the legion of boom can suck a nut.

Godslay

Banned
I am impressed enough to say they are a top 4 AFC team. Certainly not number 1. They got a little luck on their win today from the Raiders chocking on late penalties and such,

It's good to have competition. I just want to know who they are. Outside of the Seattle win, I can't tell for certain who they are. Sucks that we have to meet on a Thursday night game, no teams are ever 100% for those games.

NFC South is the worst division in the NFC. Easily.

Drakeon

Kas, in what goddamn world is the NFC South better than the west?

iori9999

Banned

AFC East and NFC South are worse IMO..

cdyhybrid

I actually didnt mind Seattle back in the Hasselbeck days. They were still really good but Holmgren was likeable. My disdain started basically when Pete Carroll took over and the team started acting invincible and Dick Sherman started running his mouth. I dont mind Russell Wilson hes pretty humble about his success and Lynch is just a monster but the legion of boom can suck a nut.
Yeah, they're not taking people out for a bonus so they're probably not as entertaining to you.

Mrbob

Why are we coming to this conclusion this early in the yeah. SMH internet

I've watched Seattle the last couple weeks and there is nothing I've seen which makes them seem to be the same dominate team from last year. Seattle loses to Dallas at home plus the Bears destroyed the Niners in San Fran ( Hi FMT ) so the NFC West doesn't look like the amazing division it once was. I would say Seattle is one of the favorites in the NFC but I don't see huge separation.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Call me crazy but I like the Seahawks and Dick Sherman thanks to Rando.

But I also really like the 49ers too thanks to FMT.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You know the NFC South is a thing still right?

Yeah it's a close race but the Panthers are solid and I still have a feeling the Saints will be a factor later in the year.

I don't know what the hell is going on with the Falcons but they still have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Roddy White on offense.

And I noticed my typo about the Seahawks and NFC North. Its been a good Sunday with a great win and lots of beers.

Call me crazy but I like the Seahawks and Dick Sherman thanks to Rando.

But I also really like the 49ers too thanks to FMT.

And the Lions? It's nice seeing our close cousins, the Cleveland Browns doing great. Believeland.

Drakeon

Yeah it's a close race but the Panthers are solid and I still have a feeling the Saints will be a factor later in the year.

I don't know what the hell is going on with the Falcons but they still have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Roddy White on offense.

And I noticed my typo about the Seahawks and NFC North. Its been a good Sunday with a great win and lots of beers.
Niners, Cardinals and Seahawks would all walk away with the NFC South title and it's not even close.

DMczaf

Lovie on today's game

(On the the long passes down the field by Baltimore)
“There is only so much you can do."

(On the lack of pressure on the quarterback)
“It’s disappointing."

(On changing the defensive scheme over the bye week)
“Absolutely not. I’ll stop you right there. Absolutely not. We’re not changing our scheme.

oh...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think the Saints will win the south. Drew Brees is probably worth 5-6 wins by himself. Should be easy for them to hit 8 wins.

Atlanta just lost to a horrible Bears defense at home. They had practice squad players out there at linebacker and couldn't exploit it. I thought last season may have been one huge abberation but they're truly a dumpster fire.

Top Bottom