• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

LJ11

WAT?

In what world is Russell Wilson not an elite young quarterback? Name a better young QB, especially one that's won more with less. Andrew Luck doesn't count by the way due to the hall of fame receiver, veteran running back, valuable first round pick running back, and veteran defense he entered the league with.

Elite QBs make the talent around them better. Andrew (that's the only young QB in this discussion other than Kaep) has a solid core of veteran receivers. Meanwhile Russ out there with the guy the 9ers cut. Andrew Luck is the single most overrated overhyped QB I've ever seen.

Kirk Cousins FUCKING SUCKS. I want that Washington football team to start him every week with RG3 healthy. Pander to the sect of that fan base that wants a "traditional quarterback" that is far more "cerebral" and "passionate". Kirk is worth at least 20 fantasy football points a week with all that Favresque gunslinging.

Post is hilarious for all sorts of reasons.

Godslay

Banned
Cowboys look unstoppable. Handed the chickens 17 points and still beasted all over em, so goooood.

I'd roll that back a little.

Seattle's D was not full strength, and they confusingly went away from a major strength on offense for one reason or another.

I'll also add that Dallas is a team that likes to get up for the more hyped teams. Look at the Denver game last year. They played like it was the Superbowl that game, and then played mediocre for the rest of the year. I'd put that game in this category as well.

jakncoke

Banned
Dallas did good with Frederick and Martin basically being plug and play. Jerry took so much crap for the Fredrick pick but he nailed it. No one is over-drafted if the guy can play

Yep, I def remember the gel hair and the douche across the desk shaking their head and making fun of the Cowboys because he was a 3rd round grade according to them.

Konka

Banned
Alright guys. Tonight I will be enjoying "Lager" for the game.

ZMGpvZ4.jpg

LJ11

Dallas did good with Frederick and Martin basically being plug and play. Jerry took so much crap for the Fredrick pick but he nailed it. No one is over-drafted if the guy can play

Definitely, they took a lot of heat for that pick and it's been aces. People forget that the Saints drafted All-Pro G in the middle of the draft. So the gurus had mid round grades on Frederick, that's cool, you're grades were wrong. That's what I hate to be honest, when teams pluck guards out of the mid rounds and my franchise can't.

Edit: It's why I like the sport so much, you can find talent, unlike some other sports or actually one other sport where it's top 5 or bust.

JNA

Banned
WAT?

In what world is Russell Wilson not an elite young quarterback? Name a better young QB, especially one that's won more with less. Andrew Luck doesn't count by the way due to the hall of fame receiver, veteran running back, valuable first round pick running back, and veteran defense he entered the league with.

Elite QBs make the talent around them better. Andrew (that's the only young QB in this discussion other than Kaep) has a solid core of veteran receivers. Meanwhile Russ out there with the guy the 9ers cut. Andrew Luck is the single most overrated overhyped QB I've ever seen.

Kirk Cousins FUCKING SUCKS. I want that Washington football team to start him every week with RG3 healthy. Pander to the sect of that fan base that wants a "traditional quarterback" that is far more "cerebral" and "passionate". Kirk is worth at least 20 fantasy football points a week with all that Favresque gunslinging.

Oh my...well...uh...

GIF-abandon-abandon-thread-dislike-do-not-want-kramer-run-away-Seinfeld-WTF-GIF.gif

I can't get over this guys. I mean the Cowboys overcame a very shitty way to start the game and not only came back, but came back to dominate the rest of the game. Feels good.

Good game Seahawks. If all goes well we might meet again in the playoffs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This Seahawks team does not look as good as last year. Percy Harvin has never struck me as a #1 receiver. He's an incredibly talented, fast player who can get to the end zone off a screen or get open off a read option play but as far as route running or getting separation from DBs I just don't see it. The Seahawks offense is still a run first offense but you still need some sort of passing attack. Losing Tate has hurt them more than they realize.

I'm still betting on a 49ers implosion somewhere down the season before Harbs leaves and the Cardinals are a paper tiger team.

Seahawks will end up winning the NFC North because they're schedule is so easy but I don't see them repeating.

The Lions need to fix our Oline issues this week and consider putting Travis Swanson in for Robbie Simms. Simms had to face Marcel Dareus last week so I can let him slide for that performance but the pressure Stafford got from the blitzing up the middle today was ridiculous. Lombardi will make the necessary adjustments, hopefully we have Bush back next week so we can counter the blitzing with screen passes or draws. Theo Riddicks' hamstring will probably be an issue all year and I think we should rest Megatron till after the bye week.

This Seahawks team does not look as good as last year. Percy Harvin has never struck me as a #1 receiver. He's an incredibly talented, fast player who can get to the end zone off a screen or get open off a read option play but as far as route running or getting separation from DBs I just don't see it. The Seahawks offense is still a run first offense but you still need some sort of passing attack. Losing Tate has hurt them more than they realize.

I'm still betting on a 49ers implosion somewhere down the season before Harbs leaves and the Cardinals are a paper tiger team.

Seahawks will end up winning the NFC North because they're schedule is so easy but I don't see them repeating.

The Lions need to fix our Oline issues this week and consider putting Travis Swanson in for Robbie Simms. Simms had to face Marcel Dareus last week so I can let him slide for that performance but the pressure Stafford got from the blitzing up the middle today was ridiculous. Lombardi will make the necessary adjustments, hopefully we have Bush back next week so we can counter the blitzing with screen passes or draws. Theo Riddicks' hamstring will probably be an issue all year and I think we should rest Megatron till after the bye week.

For a Lions fan you seem to have a lot of doubt about your team.

Damn Seattle's that good that they'll win another division.

Crisco

Banned
How bad is our division breh? I feel like no one is winning more than 8 games.

Panthers division winners at 8-7-1!!!

It's awesome isn't it? Now that Cam has his legs back, the defense has literally until the playoffs to pull it's head out of it's ass. Right on track to be the hot team going into January!

Hunter S.

Chargers are building an impressive list of wins just like the Chiefs last year.

I am impressed enough to say they are a top 4 AFC team. Certainly not number 1. They got a little luck on their win today from the Raiders chocking on late penalties and such,

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anyone know what pages the last minute of the Packers-Dolphins game were on? I was at work and wanted to read the reactions from wienke, Greg, eznark, and others lol.

I was watching at a Buffalo Wild Wings. Only Packer fan in the crowded place but I still cheered like a dork. My phone died somewhere after halftime though.

I also learned that in a "neutral" setting, people cheer as much for fantasy football as they do their teams.

Top Bottom