• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Godslay

Banned
lol what? there was about 5 minutes left and dallas had all 3 timeouts. seattle hadn't moved the ball much. even if they dont convert that 3rd down the game is nowhere near over

Seattle's average time of possession was 2:01. Time was exactly 4:55 at the time of Williams pass.

Shave off the time of 4th down and return your down to 4:45. They are going to go run heavy most likely to eat clock. Your looking at anywhere from 30-45 seconds per run. 3 runs = 1:30 - 2:15 + punt. So you are down to either 3:05 - 2:15 in the 3 and uut used all my time outs scenario. Plenty of time to win still, and yes the game isn't over, but I'd bank on either Seattle being able to burn the clock out with Lynch, or getting a stop. I doubt they go 3 and out either considering that out of 11 drives, 3 of those were 3 and outs. That's why I think if Dallas is stopped there, their chances to win plummet.

It didn't happen that way though, so we'll never know.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Oh I know that rule!

Because Jacoby Jones muffed a punt once on a fair catch call, but the kicking teams player touched the ball before it hit the ground it was Texans ball.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Did you guys know the browns beat the steelers by 21

tellmemore.png

BigAT

Patella information:

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc
Patella tendon tear requires open surgery with incision. ACL done arthroscopically thru small holes. Long recovery. Definite IR for CRUZ.

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 1m1 minute ago
Rehab is lengthy for patella tendon repair. Minimum 6 weeks to even bend knee. Start run at 6 months. Long road. 2015 season. #victorcruz

Terrible. :-\

LevelNth

Banned
The Hawks-Cowboys game is exactly why so many media folks were insane to claim Seattle didn't need Marshawn during his holdout.

I feel for Hawks fans mad at their OC.

Pepiope

he should just take a fucking knee sometimes.

Up 27 and he doesn't even drain the clock?

I don't get it.
In College you want to run up the score. He's never tried to slow down because blowing out your opponent by 50 is a good thing...In the NFL....You don't need to do that. He doesn't know how to stop going 100 MPH. If that is his biggest problem...I'll take it.

Fantomex

Just took the greatest nap. Woke up and the Dolphins still suck. The sad part is that our ownership Philbin back. It's not his fault he's stupid. Hope Cruz has a speedy recovery, that really sucks.

Fox318

In College you want to run up the score. He's never tried to slow down because blowing out your opponent by 50 is a good thing...In the NFL....You don't need to do that. He doesn't know how to stop going 100 MPH. If that is his biggest problem...I'll take it.

The only reason it was a good thing in collage was because the way to get into bowl games was broken.

How many D2 schools did he have Oregon blow out by 50?

Guys are getting hurt left and right I have no idea why he doesn't slow the pace.

Pepiope

The only reason it was a good thing in collage was because the way to get into bowl games was broken.

How many D2 schools did he have Oregon blow out by 50?

Guys are getting hurt left and right I have no idea why he doesn't slow the pace.
Meh. Last year we were injury free.

Godslay

Banned
This is still incredibly inaccurate. The defense gave up 50+ but somehow the cowboys played lights out? Yea right.

But to give you examples of games your referring too it would be the years the saints and the Colts were undefeated and the cowboys showed up. This wasn't one of those games

Using kam as the great to elite isn't really fair, chancellor played, maybe not the whole game but he played. We lost Sean Lee who I'd say was a big lift to our D, gave up on D Ware too, had the worst defense last year but you want to point out that Kam didn't play being a reason they couldn't pull out a win.

Philly had won their first few games off flukes but they are a real threat? Granted the nfc beats down on one another every year but I take the Texans, niners, saints, and Seahawks as legit games. Saints have no D but it's drew brees and we had the worst D last year.

Lastly, like I said the cowboys expectations should be to get past 1 rd of the playoffs regardless of their record. They started the season strong and weren't expected to be 4-1 let alone beat the Seahawks.

Edit: I'm not saying they started so good they will win a super bowl this year etc, my expectations are realistic as fk. It's the cowboys. An injury to almost anyone on the team kills the cowboys lol

They played lights out in terms of who they were last year. They jumped out to an early lead, and fought back enough to stay in the game. Romo was the better QB that day, up until that gamebreaking pic. We all knew going in their defense sucked, so we knew what to expect. So I would say they played lights out considering we knew they weren't going to stop Peyton, so the offense had to show up.

I can't believe I'm defending Chancellor here, but he's pretty vital to their D. I think sloughing that off is a bit delusional. You take Thomas, Sherman, or Chancellor out of that D and it's easily a lot different then it normally is. Any one of those three isn't a next man up position imo. But what do I know, I'm a Bronco fan after all.

As far as Philly, it's a divisional game. I don't care if they are fluky, they are likely going to play you hard, same with Giants. Philly is just a bit of a better team at this point, so I think they are a tougher matchup.

Anyways, good luck to you. Should be interesting to see how the Cowboys turn out.

Top Bottom