• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Konka

Banned
Sproles!

092313-kelly-chip-eagles-600.jpg

Poor Victor Cruz. That looked so painful.

On a more positive note I've bow pulled ahead in fantasy. If McCoy gets a touchdown I think I'll put this game away.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Is this injury worse than an ACL?

It's really impossible to say not knowing how it seperated. Also split in the middle get messy. Patellar tendon can separate from the bone. Q longer recovery possibly better outlook. Also gotta hope his meniscus/patella cartilage are in tact. He may never be the same again.

BigAT

Didn't Cruz have another season ending injury once?

Not really. He was put on IR with a hamstring injury his rookie year, but it was just a bullshit move by the Giants to open a roster spot without having to cut him.

Brutal injury, kills me to watch Cruz in that state.

about to drown my sorrows in a beef hero from some fancy restaurant, and say fuck this...season might be over for us..Cruz is the best player on offense without him we be fucked..

oneHeero

I never brought up any of your posting history, it's not a popularity contest either. I can hold my own, I don't need help to engage you in football discussion.

I understand your enthusiasm, all I was saying was the following:

Temper your expectations with the following thoughts:

1. Seattle was missing a player that takes them from pretty good to elite.

2. They didn't utilize the engine of their offense for whatever reason.

3. They were winning up until the very last drive, which took a rare play (3&20 conversion), for Dallas to remain in the game.

4. Dallas always seems to get up for certain games. The game against Denver last year is a perfect example. They played lights out that game, and then weren't able to put it together consistently for the rest of the year. Is this one of those times?

5. They have a weak schedule, so while they may beat these teams, does that mean we get to see who they truly are? Arguably Philly is the toughest team on their schedule.

Dallas came away with the win, props to them. Sorry for not being sold on your team yet.
This is still incredibly inaccurate. The defense gave up 50+ but somehow the cowboys played lights out? Yea right.

But to give you examples of games your referring too it would be the years the saints and the Colts were undefeated and the cowboys showed up. This wasn't one of those games

Using kam as the great to elite isn't really fair, chancellor played, maybe not the whole game but he played. We lost Sean Lee who I'd say was a big lift to our D, gave up on D Ware too, had the worst defense last year but you want to point out that Kam didn't play being a reason they couldn't pull out a win.

Philly had won their first few games off flukes but they are a real threat? Granted the nfc beats down on one another every year but I take the Texans, niners, saints, and Seahawks as legit games. Saints have no D but it's drew brees and we had the worst D last year.

Lastly, like I said the cowboys expectations should be to get past 1 rd of the playoffs regardless of their record. They started the season strong and weren't expected to be 4-1 let alone beat the Seahawks.

Edit: I'm not saying they started so good they will win a super bowl this year etc, my expectations are realistic as fk. It's the cowboys. An injury to almost anyone on the team kills the cowboys lol

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Eagles could finish this 56-0 and it wouldn't be as painful as having to watch Cruz come off the field the way he did.
I can't remember the last time I saw a grown man cry from being injured in sports.

Sucks, I like Cruz. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

SonnyBoy

It's really impossible to say not knowing how it seperated. Also split in the middle get messy. Patellar tendon can separate from the bone. Q longer recovery possibly better outlook. Also gotta hope his meniscus/patella cartilage are in tact. He may never be the same again.

Thanks for all the replies.

Konka

Banned
Heartbreaking.

Aaaand the Giants have quit entirely by the looks of it. I really don't blame them.

Yeah I'm going to go out and say I don't understand this sentiment. Normally a team would want to come together and try to win the game for an injured teammate. The Eagles had a lead of the same amount against the Rams last week at pretty much this same point in the game and nearly managed to blow it.

I don't see why, it's not like Eli has been throwing to him much.

He's still the biggest weapon we had on offense. Teams had to respect him. Randle isn't that guy and Odell is still coming on. It's a massive loss but this team has plenty of other issues. I never expected this team to contend for anything. Its a restocking year, new offense, etc. That takes time. Hate to lose our biggest playmaker and one of te leaders in the locker room to boot.

Yeah I'm going to go out and say I don't understand this sentiment. Normally a team would want to come together and try to win the game for an injured teammate. The Eagles had a lead of the same amount against the Rams last week at pretty much this same point in the game and nearly managed to blow it.

I imagine it's more a case of severely damaged morale than anything else. It's pretty hard to come together like that, no matter how much they want to, when they're 27-0 down and their teammate was just carried off the field literally in tears. Even moreso when they're coming from a 3-week streak and performing like this.

PS. Hi, NFL-GAF! Long time lurker, first time poster. Watching from the UK, big Niners fan for many years now.

Top Bottom