• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

cashman

Banned
I hope for the sake of Farooq that this Dallas team isn't waiting to turn back into pumpkins.

Murray feels like a ticking timebomb with the workload the Cowboys have given him so far. Once he goes down their balanced offensive philosophy will go out the window and it's the same Cowboys that everybody here knows and loves.

Hunter S.

I knew the Chargers were good going back to last year, simply because I watch the divisional games ever week. But I'm sure you have a different perspective because you've just walked over the corpses of your junk division for ages now. It's warped you to the reality of a good competitive division.

Peyton-Manning-Laughing-Ron-Burgundy-Interview.gif

Thankfully, the Chargers are coming to Denver first.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah divisonal games, not patriots games. There are 2 other teams to focus on, period. The dolphins are more than capable of beating the bills. Again no matter how you spin this, it was a ridiculous comment. And again we're going to have to agree to disagree, we share a different mentality on the subject. Teams have rivals, teams have scary teams to watch out for, if you're focus is on one solitary team, they are sealing their own fate.

You've got to beat the champ to be the champ. Would I spend more time preparing for the Raiders or the Chargers? Most likely the Chargers, I'm sure the same applies with the Bills and the Pats. I guess I disagree with you in the sense that divisional games are more important then you give credit for. We'll just have to settle with that I suppose.

Farooq

Banned
Good read. It all sounds fair and reasonable. Marinelli has them playing well, but blitz packages aren't a replacement for consistent pressure as I'm sure you are well aware of. You'll get burned by that eventually. I've seen it in 2005 with the Broncos, and as recent as Dennis Allen when he was DC. Maybe someone will emerge from that group to give them the option to get good pressure without relying on the blitz too much.

I'm not trying to sound overly negative, as Dallas looks like a pretty good team. I guess I'm of the belief that you are never as good as they say you are, or as bad either. Unless of course you are just dominating teams. Then you just have to be mentally strong as a team to sustain it.

I did see your edit too. That certainly gives a boost, and it would be hard to be worse then what they had going on last year.

I think when Demarcus Lawrence comes back, and when Anthony Spencer starts to trust his repaired knee a little more, the pass rush from the ends will get better. I am also stoked about the 3 tech rotation of Crawford and Melton. I think the defensive line rotation is better than last years so that should bode well for the pass rush.

In terms of the last part of your post, I agree Parcells use to say "Don't eat the cheese", plenty of time to evaluate the Dallas Cowboys and see their true colors.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bills did it twice, too. Schwartz with Lions, Spikes with Pats. Not a good look that the defense was completely outclassed in the second half.

If you allow your team to do that, then that team is poorly coached, plain and simple.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You've got to beat the champ to be the champ. Would I spend more time preparing for the Raiders or the Chargers? Most likely the Chargers, I'm sure the same applies with the Bills and the Pats. I guess I disagree with you in the sense that divisional games are more important then you give credit for. We'll just have to settle with that I suppose.

I never devalued divisonal games... your just taking that from something I said I guess? The most important team to focus on, is the team that you're about to play. Any given sunday is said for a reason. Should teams focus primarily on the seahawks and nobody else in the offseason? I don't know why I'm arguing this we just disagree on what goes into winning a football game.

duxstar

Lol

How many other teams can deal with their best pass rusher, and one of the best linebackers in the league being out for half the year? Need an answer here.

Top Bottom